Thread: Bourne Ultimatum

Bourne Ultimatum

Check out our coverage of Bourne Ultimatum, exclusively brought to you by KungFuMagazine.com.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Ah dude, I love the movies better than the book series and its not very often I can say that.
    Matt does a super job and the H2H is quite excellent.
    Truly one of the best action movies ever and one of the best series ever.
    There is not much fault you can poke at.

Some people have issues with the way the fights are filmed, that "choppy" or whatever you wanna cal it, look.
    Personally I can fallow the action great and like the look, makes it seem more "real".

Yeah, I hate the quick cuts that don't make sense. the fights just don't flow together very well. But I still love these movies. I got plans to see this on Sunday. I don't know if I can make it!
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Nice article and great movie. Actually tempted to see it again. Always was a big James Bond fan but the Bourne movies leave Bond in the dust.
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist

Britney Ultimatum

I just couldn't resist posting this here.

Britney resorts to Bourne Ultimatum martial arts for safety
    From our ANI Correspondent

Washington, August 23: Britney Spears is apparently taking all the possible steps to protect herself and her young sons from a bunch of crazed fans.

That's the reason why the pop tart has strengthened security and signed up for Krav Maga, the hardcore Israeli combat techniques that Matt Damon uses in The Bourne Ultimatum.

According to sources, after reading a few crazy fan mails, the 'Toxic' singer is terrified that someone is determined to harm her and her sons Sean Preston and Jayden James.

"She has beefed up security, informed them of such mail. She is doing her best to make a comeback but she is terrified about the negative attention she is getting. And now she's fighting fit after signing up for Krav Maga training," Contactmusic quoted a source, as saying.

"She realises she does not have the stamina she used to, after having two kids. She is tired, her body does not work the same. She is putting in overtime into working out strength training, and she's serious about martial art Krav Maga," the source added.

The fighting technique, which has previously been studied by Jennifer Lopez and Angelina Jolie for film roles like Enough and Tomb Raider, not only enhances agility and toughness, but also helps lift self-esteem and mental awareness.

"It's definitely perfect for Britney Spears because she obviously has a lot of aggression in her and she needs to get that out. Krav Maga will enable her to do that with a degree of control," John Aldcroft, who teaches the martial art at London's British Academy of Krav Maga, said.

"It will also help her with personal safety issues, especially when it comes to the paparazzi, who seem to crowd her at all times," he added.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I thought Matt uses a "verison" of Kali in his Bourne movies.

'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Forrer View Post
    Yeah, that's the one that it is "loosely" based on.

working it...

A ninja! Another Hollywood ninja.

Martial arts: Hollywood star passes on his hints
    Jul 24 2008 by Our Correspondent, Gwent Gazette

TOTAL Body Defence’s chief instructor Alun Williams recently had the pleasure of hosting a four-hour seminar with celebrity actor and martial artist Joey Ansah.

Joey is an accomplished martial artist and actor who is best know for his role as the assassin Desh in the Hollywood blockbuster movie The Bourne Ultimatum, where he starred alongside famed actor Matt Damon.

The fight scene in the film is one of the most memorable and realistic ever recorded on film and was nominated for best fight scene recently at the MTV Movie awards in Los Angeles.

Joey travelled from London to the TBD base in Risca, Newport with his able bodied colleague Chris.

The seminar was the first of a series that he will be conducting and on this session Joey wanted to give a flavour of what he could offer.

This started with some choreography of basic step outs from punches and then added some counters.

Next came some full technique choreography and following this everyone had chance to demonstrate their acting skills in front of him, much to his amusement.

Due to his long study of Ninjitsu, Joey then moved onto demonstrating various stunt rolls and breakfalls, pinpointing the correct technique to be used.

This got everyone warmed up, rolling about trying to improve their skills.

As expected from a Hollywood star, Joey keeps himself in extremely good condition and he shared some of his fitness conditioning methods with the group, demonstrating some daily core strength exercise drills he practices.

Next came some displays of various high kicks, followed by some incredible acrobatic martial arts tricks before he acted out a sequence from the Bourne film, including his famous wrist-roll that he used to escape from Matt Damon’s grip.

The four-hour set concluded with Joey demonstrating some sparring technique and some self defence grappling drills.

Joey also kindly stayed back to pose for photos with everyone and sign autographs.

Further seminars with Joey will be held at Risca in the coming months, as well as other high profile instructors, including Silat (knife fighting) expert Maul Mornie.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Fighting Desh

That was a cool fight scene and probably one of the best in the series...if not the best. Jason Bourne finally met someone who was a match for him.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Quote Originally Posted by 冠木侍 View Post
    That was a cool fight scene and probably one of the best in the series...if not the best. Jason Bourne finally met someone who was a match for him.
    Well...ALMOST a match
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Well...ALMOST a match
    Touché!
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura