0 0%
  • Do it on Friday after Gene's workshop

1 10.00%
  • I am not going to TJL

3 30.00%
  • I don't want to meet any of you internet wackos

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's going to Taiji Legacy this yr.? Up for a get together prior to?

Who's going to Taiji Legacy this yr.? Up for a get together prior to?

Was responding to Shaolinluebs thread, http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=46063, and was throwing around the idea of perhaps getting together Thurs. nite or perhaps Fri. (if no one is going to any of the seminars/workshops) Looks like our own Gene Ching's workshop will be done by 6:50PM on Friday, so if its friday maybe we can make it around 8-9PM.

Would be nice to put a face to a name on the board. I was thinking Bone Daddys in Richardson, which is roughly 5miles south of the venue. Good looking chicks with good food and cold adult beverages.

If anyone is up for this post here. I can get a table reserved at Bone Daddy's. Seperate checks of course, that way we won't have to start the SanShou early at the restaurant.
    Last edited by xcakid; 07-18-2007 at 07:57 AM.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

I might be there. Depends on how my schedule works out by then.

If I make it, I'll be there Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I might be there. Depends on how my schedule works out by then.

If I make it, I'll be there Saturday.
    Cool, you can watch me butcher a couple forms.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Bone Daddy's, huh?

Do they have anything for married vegetarians?

Obviously I'll be at TJL this year. It's TJL #10 and I wouldn't miss it. I'm not sure about my obligations for dinner - Master Wong usually hosts a meal for all the VIPs and somehow, I managed to get lumped into that illustrious crowd. So I might be obligated. If not, I'd be most happy to join y'all.

Maybe I can get Master Wong to move it all to Bone Daddys...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Do they have anything for married vegetarians?

Maybe I can get Master Wong to move it all to Bone Daddys...
    Yes they do have a variety of salads. And your Shaolin training should give you enough discipline not to pinch anything soft and cuddly with a pretty smile. There's that rule also. Its not cheating if:
    1) You keep your socks on
    2) Your out of town (different zip code/area code)

Well Master Wongs school is only up the road from there. Next exit over as a matter of fact. So is Master Lee's They are both on Arapaho about 8-10miles in opposite direction of each other. And Bone Daddy's does have a banquet room.
    Last edited by xcakid; 06-28-2007 at 01:10 PM.

yo...

i will be there... fri or sat nite would be cool for me... See u there, Gene...

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Sow Choy View Post
    yo...

i will be there... fri or sat nite would be cool for me... See u there, Gene...

Joe
    Sat may be tough. Not sure how many folks will be doing forms and wether or not they are going to run late

Friday may be more feasible. Some folks coming from out of town, maybe coming in on Friday.

hey hows the novice san shou competitors?

im fighting 140-150

i cant go this year. my ankle is all f'd up. and the funds are below depleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by htowndragon View Post
    hey hows the novice san shou competitors?

im fighting 140-150
    Cut to 139.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    i cant go this year. my ankle is all f'd up. and the funds are below depleted.
    Bummer dude. Put some Jow on the ankle. I hear folks are getting paid upward of $500 to stand in line for the iPhone. That'll cover plane fare.

if someone gave me 500 to stand in line i would do it. lol. as long as they paid me first.

edit

and i dont have to buy that p.o.s. iphone.
    Last edited by Shaolinlueb; 06-29-2007 at 02:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    if someone gave me 500 to stand in line i would do it. lol. as long as they paid me first.

edit

and i dont have to buy that p.o.s. iphone.
    Highest bid I saw on eBay for someone to stand in line for you was $895. For that price they will camp out the night before. Buyer takes over the place in at @ 5PM. That's just crazy. Then you still have to pay another $600 for the phone.

I am actually getting one, but I am gonna sell it on eBay.

Too bad you're not making it, was looking forward to meeting ya. Don't get to meet many eagle claw practitioner around my area.

Anyone else plan on going?

I would like to go, don't know if work and transportation would permit, however.