Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Martial Arts Union

Thumbs up Christian Martial Arts Union

http://www.gmau.org/constitution.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/oh/ff4christ/System.html

Havnt done enough research on this...but at least this is a start.

I have to believe there are others like me who love the TMA's...but do not want to open any doorways for the enemy to get a foothold in our lives.

Can Anyone out there identify with me?

JDK
    "It's not WHO'S right...its WHAT'S right" Truth Comes from many Sources
    so try and disregard WHO is saying it..and explore if WHAT is being said has any Truth to It.
    [

Post website

http://tcftalk.suddenlaunch.com/inde...num=1108647031[

Here is a Link to a website I created for my Church.
    It has alot of different Topics...but the link I provided deals with our disussions

JDK
    so try and disregard WHO is saying it..and explore if WHAT is being said has any Truth to It.
    [

Post Chi Vampires

[

sheesh
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I have to believe there are others like me who love the TMA's...but do not want to open any doorways for the enemy to get a foothold in our lives.
    Reverse punch - KIAAAAAAAAAA!
    Demons be gone!
    It is the only logical solution.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

I'm an atheist, but I went to a church function a Christian friend of mine attended, which had a program called Karate for Christ. It was too hilarious to pass up. So I went. They actually did TKD. Anyways, when my sparring turn was up, I hit this dude on his right cheek. He just turned the other one, and I knocked him the **** out.

Funny.

Because we all know Satan is hiding around the corner of every strip-mall dojo, just waiting for the teacher to mention qi so he can steal you kid's soul.

I'll be glad when Bush is out of office so the Fundies will slide back into the fringe.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    Can Anyone out there identify with me?

JDK
    Unfortunately, countless mouth-breathers.

You make me puke, and it's projectile green vomit. Is someone trying to tell me something?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

..but do not want to open any doorways for the enemy to get a foothold in our lives.

Exactly what enemy is that? And how is that enemy going to get a foothold in your life by practicing martial arts?

I think it's that guy in Napoleon Dynamite with the star-spangled trews. If you don't practice martial arts he can't get a foothold in your life.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I believe this "foothold on your life" of which Mr. JKD is speaking is actually a reference to an occultic Brazilian JiuJitsu technique practiced regularly by demons.

I beleive it is possible to steal a persons chi.

This is one of the main reasons I stopped practicing the spiritual parts of the Chinese Southern Styles....it is too connected to deity worship . I am a christian and DO believe in demon spirits, I believe they can masquarade as just about anything once you enter the spirit realm...so mu strong advice is to not get involved at all with these things we know little about.

One of my Instructors advised me a long time ago NOT to allow anyone to know the exact time of day I meditated or or pacticed meditative Chi-Kung.

Sometimes a person may secretly not like you, be jealous of your Martial ability...or just a thief.

Psychic Vampire
    A psychic vampire is a person who connects with your chi (pronounced chee) or life force energy and takes it for his/her own purposes. This person may touch you even casually or just come close to you. You feel drained.
    This is why I never tell anyone where and when I'm going to masturbate. Those **** psychic vampires might touch me casually or come (that's just sick, JDK) too close to me.......

It must happen to me all the time. I always feel drained after a good wanking.

I have a question....if a male psychic vampire messes with my chi while I'm wanking, does that make me gay?
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 01-21-2007 at 07:57 AM. Reason: jokes

sorry, but christianity and martial arts don't mix well. One will corrupt the other.

But alone, they are ok.

it's kind of like mixing the wrong foods together. the results are almost always not tasteful and not ready for consumption.

the idea of martial arts being martial and developing yourself on those levels to be able to not only defend yourself but to kill of need be are completely contrary to the christian pinciples, ethic and morality.

so, a good christian doesn't let themselves be pulled by such visceral activities as fighting and the enjoyment of fighting and thinking about ways you could hurt someone more effectively and so on.

If ytou take that stuff out of martial arts, it's not martial, if you put it into christianity, it isn't christianity.

pretty simple, but i guess people love to interpret so they can have thei cake and eat it too.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I disagree. I think they blend perfectly, if you cast aside the meaning of martial arts. When I was in high school, the Power Team came to my school. It was basically 4 or 5 steroid junkies running around to these different stations on the basketball court. They'd break a stack of bricks and shout something like "This is the power of Christ!" Then they'd run over and bend a steel pole: "This is what Jesus could do!" Then they'd lay down on a bed of nails (ironic) and get pounded by a sledgehammer, which would break the bricks on their stomach.

Then again, those are the kinds of people real martial artists tend to loathe, and for good reason. Kind of like the "spirit" boxers of the Cultural Revolution.

It made me realize something, though.

If Jesus had been an iron palm master, that whole crucifixion thing might have turned out differently.

you disagree because you are choosing to interpret what is said in the gosp[els.

ah, if only so called christians would take the time to actually ready the new testament, man would that ever make a difference.

here's how it is.

the tenets of christianity do not support the practice and sustinance of a martial arts approach to life.

In fact, the belief of christianity is contrary to everything that is truly in the path of martial discovery.

you can be a good person and practice martial arts, but when you think of bringing pain to anyone, you are being unchristian in a big way. when you cause harm to another, especially your enemies, you go against the words of jesus christ.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too. They simply corrupt each other until you have some nonsensical interpretive soup where people desperately try to justify their behaviours so they can stay in one community but do things that are contrary to the beliefs of that community.

It's analogous to putting a paedophile into a daycare job.

I can't think and train towards breaking your arm and practice that and call myyself a christian plain and simple.
    As a Christian, I am to love everyone, my enemies even more an dto not bring harm to them through my own volition and in fact, to not even think about bringing harm.

It doesn't have to come out your mouth in christian terms.

for instance, in christian terms, if you think of defiling another mans wife, then you ahve already sinned in th eyes of god and jesus. the same applies with any of the other sins. If you think about hurting someone, you've already sinned.

they are not compatible. Unless and I reiterate, you liberally interpret the gospels to fit the corrupted union of martuial artistry and christian belief.
    Kung Fu is good for you.