Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the hells angel ad

Angry the hells angel ad

i read a letter in the latest issue complaining about u using a known gang member to promote your magazine

i also think this is wrong not just because criminal gangs are just that CRIMINALS but also that your magazine is excellent and i dont think it should be associated with low lives such as him
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

flashback

Pick up on post 20 on our Hung Gar special issue thread.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    HAMC is a motorcycle club. It is not a criminal organization. Although some of its members may or may not be, just like in the Police Department, or Congress.(Masons is not a secret organization, but an organization with secrets) You don't know the backraound of this particular member enough to say he is a criminal, let alone calling him a lowlife. I know members who have absolutely no criminal record whatsoever. Don't judge a book by its cover.
    ok, now let's continue the debate....

What about Britain?

Yes, even the British have a long history of war and conquest for profit, even encouraging privateering all in the name of the crown, yet we still talk to people from the U.K.

Don't judge an organization by a minority membership.

hells angels

the hells angels are a motorcycle club ,granted
    they r also a gang with a long history of violence and drugs
    and although the man in the advert may have been a nice enough guy i dont think such a great magazine should associate itself IN ANY WAY with the a
    group such as this
    technically they are not necessarily a violent group
    but they are a group with alot of violent members
    same as the crips may be a group of people wearing blue who carry guns
    we know that they are criminals

http://weeklywire.com/ww/09-22-97/knox_gamut.html

"doctors, lawyers, actors, engineers, salesmen, bankers, computer programmers—saddling up a whole raucous, pricey new wave of bikes"

You're about 25 years behind the days when the Hells Angels were some glorious criminal gang. Now it's a corporation. Not saying some of the members aren't allegedly crooks, but whatever.

http://www.hells-angels.com/

Jiang Hu

That was an interesting post there on that other thread, Gene.

Yeah I guess I don't really understand people being against this, because growing up around San Francisco there's a lot of mixing of culture, and many things while technically illegal, I guess, were just part of the culture. Hells Angels were one thing that was part of the culture.

If I didn't associate with anybody who did anything 'wrong', underage drinking, speeding, cheating, drugs or anything, I probably wouldn't have had any friends. Or maybe only my Mormon friend Mike.

I've met crooked cops and I met some pretty righteous criminals. I don't think you should judge people by the uniform they're wearing.

People in jail aren't necessarily bad people but rather people in bad circumstance. They follow their own codes. I'm not condoning what they do, just saying, walk 1000 miles in their shoes before judging.

A lot of people I met got some minor infraction for bad judgement, wound up in jail for some reason, lost their driver's license or had it suspended, and from there it was a downhill criminal spiral because once you're in the system it's very hard to get out. Economically, socially, psychologically, everything.

Then there are some bad people who do very bad things to people. Those people you stay away from.

Anyway I don't expect anybody else to get it, but thanks for that post on the other thread, Gene.
    Last edited by lunghushan; 08-31-2006 at 11:20 AM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    well said.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    That was an interesting post there on that other thread, Gene.

Yeah I guess I don't really understand people being against this, because growing up around San Francisco there's a lot of mixing of culture, and many things while technically illegal, I guess, were just part of the culture. Hells Angels were one thing that was part of the culture.

If I didn't associate with anybody who did anything 'wrong', underage drinking, speeding, cheating, drugs or anything, I probably wouldn't have had any friends. Or maybe only my Mormon friend Mike.

I've met crooked cops and I met some pretty righteous criminals. I don't think you should judge people by the uniform they're wearing.

People in jail aren't necessarily bad people but rather people in bad circumstance. They follow their own codes. I'm not condoning what they do, just saying, walk 1000 miles in their shoes before judging.

A lot of people I met got some minor infraction for bad judgement, wound up in jail for some reason, lost their driver's license or had it suspended, and from there it was a downhill criminal spiral because once you're in the system it's very hard to get out. Economically, socially, psychologically, everything.

Then there are some bad people who do very bad things to people. Those people you stay away from.

Anyway I don't expect anybody else to get it, but thanks for that post on the other thread, Gene.
    I feel compelled to speak to this because I see it as rife with misconception and soft on reality. Nothing personal, just saying.

Criminality as part of culture is not acceptable in the context of the social construct. It's not a cultural thing, it's a problem and it needs to be dealt with.

Degrees of badness are one thing as is teenage rebellion. This is many degrees less than manufacturing and distributing street drugs that can end in fatality all too often. Also, it doesn't approach the level of controlling prostitution and other majour felonies that are commited daily by groups such as the hells angels and their ilk. You're kidding yourself if you think anyone iof these guys is "just a biker" and not involved in the criminal activities opf the greater organization. You cannot be a member without actually being involved at some level and therefore, each member is culpable for the actions of the organization they support and represent.

People put on a uniform for exactly the reason of identification with the group the uniform belongs to. The HA uniform represents what the club has done. The track record of being and organized criminal organization is all too clear. Crooked cops should face the highest degree of punishment from the law when caught. It is a complete abbheration and abuse when these people commit crimes. there is really no such thing as a righteous criminal. Sounds a bit romantic of a view, and entirely off base. Most people in Jail are there because they have commited a crime, been tried for it and sentenced and found guilty. They have been judged and they are now doing time for their deeds.

Innocent people don't belong in jail, but, how many innocent people are in jail? all of them? most of them? would you believe and infintesimally low amount? like 1 in a million? that's probably closer to the mark. When the spiral down happens, it is because of inaction or action that has already taken place. the world doesn't happen to you, you happen to the world.

In my opinion, it is not being "gotten" by you dude. Stay away from bad people? good advice, but if your perception is as skewed as that, how the heck can you tell who's really bad and who is only a little bad and who is not bad at all.

crime is crime. HA are not just some happy go lucky bunch of pals wearing leather and riding for charities. they create and distribute, import and ruins peoples lives by pushing drugs, extortion, prostitution, theft, you name it and they've done it. The best advice I can give a HA who has no criminal record and wants to remain as righteous as possible as a human being is to get the heck out of that organization and quickly. Because that is the downward spiral.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

David, you just don't get the economic reality.

When I was in jail overnight and part of the morning for my drunk in public, which I wasn't even drunk for (which is part of how I know that a lot of cops are crooked, non-caring people), I talked to people there.

A lot of people there get sucked in by the economic reality. Let's say you have to drive for work. For some reason you get a suspended license, if you don't drive to work, you lose your job.

So you have to continue to drive to work, which can land you in jail again. If you are in jail and cannot get to work, you can lose your job.

Then what do you do for money? No work, no money, no eat. You're surrounded by criminals who are constantly talking about crime and criminal skills. So a lot of people, rather than starve, do some crime, which a lot of time winds them back in jail again.

It's a social, pathological thing, a downward spiral that a lot of guys got into and couldn't get out of.

Anyway, whatever. I don't expect anybody on here to understand. If one thing I've come across on this forum, most of you people don't carefully consider anything.

What if I had a criminal record?

What if the president of the United States had a criminal record? Well, that's a red herring, but I just couldn't resist....
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

And what about people who are brought up with bad parents, or fall in with a bad crowd, so they get involved with crime early on in their lives?

Anyway, Bush had a DUI.

Lung...what you state are what we call in my profession 'typical criminal thinking errors', eg. criminal says: I do crime because everyone I know does crime, or I have to drive to work, so I drive (even though I got suspended for a HTA conviction), or I do crime so I can get money to live and eat...and the list goes on and on. On the other side is non-criminal thinking eg. Just because everyone in my neighbourhood does crime, does not mean I have to, I need my car to maintain my employment and so I will not do anything to jeopardise my being able to drive, I need to live and eat, so I work to get paid. Anything other than this way of thinking is just a cop-out (no pun intended). Criminal thinking errors will lead you into criminal activity sooner or later. Any relapse prevention plan has to address the thinking errors to bring about a change in this and a road to non-criminality.

The HA corporation is a criminal corporation/organization...and yes they have professionals in their rank and file...professionals doing criminal activity.

Is not DUI in the states a HTA (Highway Traffic Act) conviction and not a criminal code conviction (unless there are extenuating circumstances such as criminal negligence cause death)!

Yes, there a number of people who do not as you state "carefully consider anything"...and by your posts on this topic...you have fit right into that.
    ...ask for Kam
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Fool me once, then shame on you. Fool me twice, then shame on me"

this isnt a dig at ppl who have fallen in with the wrong crowd
    its about what we should or should not be encouraging

i dont think this magazine should have anything to do with the hells angels or any other criminal group.
    the people in the group may have just been unfortunate but that doesnt make what they do okay
    or does it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Horse Dragon View Post
    Is not DUI in the states a HTA (Highway Traffic Act) conviction and not a criminal code conviction (unless there are extenuating circumstances such as criminal negligence cause death)!

Yes, there a number of people who do not as you state "carefully consider anything"...and by your posts on this topic...you have fit right into that.
    Canadian code says that if you have a DUI in the U.S. EVER you have to register with the Canadian authorities and you can be excluded from visiting Canada from the U.S.

If that isn't considered bad, I don't know what is.

Whatever. I don't condone what they do. I'm just saying that normally not so bad guys get caught in the system and can't get out. The number of people in U.S. jails is huge.

If you don't understand, you don't understand. It's okay. The U.S. has one of the highest incarceration rates in the world. It doesn't have as much of a social safety net as socialized countries like Canada.