Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jackie's new one Rob-B-Hood

jackie's new one Rob-B-Hood

this was gonna be the reunion of the three brother's but sammo left the productions:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Lu1zv-EX...h=donnie%20yen

chinese daddy daycare?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

It was mentioned on our e-zine

See THE MYTH: Jackie Chan's Stir-fries HERO, MUSA and Lara Croft Chop Suey Style by August West. There's Project BB, Kung Fu Panda, Joe's Last Adventure, and Rush Hour 3. I've heard that Joe's got canned. I've also heard that Tucker is being offered significantly more than Jackie for Rush Hour 3. Panda is a cartoon. BB, or now Rob-B-Hood is the most interesting in my mind.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

kung fu panda LOL!!!!!!

Rush hour 2 surprised me. There is one thign that will get me to watch RH3-they need billy chow.

PS-right now you are like, wtf. I am just saying I want some actual kung fu in RH3, that would be nice. Cause daddy day care certainly looks like it has some.

And I was gonna comment more on daddy day care but I got stuck on this picture and I need to see the myth now!
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

the low down on rush hour three!!!

man nobodies up on martial media like me(**** i was even up on the fist and sword series, on your ezine gene, i was either in directed or co-choreographed ike three of those film mentioned, jose figaruoa is the man) anyway about rush hour three,a friend of mine is being submitted for the su yun part so that character from part one might return, also an old and i do mean old friend is returning in this flick it's rumored that van **** will be playing a role in this film a character named bruno cavalary, the film it self takes place in paris where lee and carter get into some mess as usual. now as for the pay thing although tucker is getting payed ten mil more then jack! my homie jackie got them gross points so he stands to make more cash at the end(considering that both films combined have grossed about a billion bucks) anyway i'll post more info when i have it!!!

nice job ghost of this shiht

I liked teh apearence of ziyi zhang in 2 but if that woman from myth would be in rush hour 3, I would see it opening night.(I haven't done that since flying daggers). But nobody will get hunted down as long as fearless comes here

Also doug, seven swords 2??????? ?????

seven swords two

there ironing out the script, trying to make it shorter so they could tell the story, so there's no info yet look for it in 07, the only thing we know is that lau kar leung probably will be replaced don't know why. and it's even rumored that the man himself donnie yen will take over as action director. but if martial history is what your craving wait for battle at redcliff john woo's new joint, everybody and there momma is in this one from jet to chow to ziyi(at least thats what imdb is saying). later for now

Not quite a billion

Rush Hour made $244,386,864 worldwide. Rush Hour 2 made $347,325,802. So it's more like $600 mill. As for Red Cliff, rumors are flying about the cast. But rumors are only rumors. Just look at Sammo dropping out of Rob-B-Hood for example. I heard that Tucker was offered twice as much as Chan, but Chan was offered more back end residuals. We'll see how it all pans out in the end. One JC movie at a time...

Jethro - search imdb like doug maverick said.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

sorry, I didn't see doug said to check imdb so I went there and is red cliffe seven swords 2? It doesn't look liek it since woo is directing it, but I am really lost now

redcliff seven swords no connection!

i was merly stateing that if you were looking for those type of martial history films then redcliff is one to see.

all good man, thanks for the info

Yeah, SS 2, I am always looking for that. John Wo movie looks good, should be an epic if it has a story Let em know when you got new word on it

i thought seven swords was ok, nothing spectacular
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Not gonna get the $40 colector's edition, huh

The official website

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ewww - what a stinker!

Rob-B-Hood is bad. Real bad. It's the worst HK Chan project in a long, long time. I was nodding off, struggling to make it to the finale fight (and it wasn't very late at all). The film clocks in at about 2 hours, which is an hour and fifty minutes too long.

There's two nice stunts - almost subtle in their death-defying execution - nice to see Jackie still has skillz at 52. There's also two nice fights - the finale fight in a freezer and a well-choreographed fight in a claustrophobic HK apartment - plus a few short fights that are decent and one that's just silly (a trampoline fight in a mothers-to-be school - why a trampoline? I don't know). Jackie still has the most imaginative fights - agile stuff, with good tension and fight plot progression. This is one to just skip to the fight scenes.

Then there's the hour and fifty minutes of this absurdly bad movie that goes everywhere but forward. Lots of baby in jeopardy stuff. Lots of senseless twists. People call each other '*******' a lot in this film and for good reason. All the characters are reprehensible (except the baby). Chan tries to show some acting chops, but you're totally unsympathetic to his plight. There's some goofy comedy that almost works, but a lot of dirty diaper fu with **** flying all over the place. Yuck. Such a disappointment. You can see how it might have worked if Yuan and Sammo were on board as the criminal threesome, but without them, it collapses entirely. Yuan's in there, but not significant.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips