Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gracie VS Shamrock

Gracie VS Shamrock

So did Shamrock make a soft paste of Gracie?

More importantly can somebody PLEASE tell me how Cung Le did. Sherdog has nothing on the two top fights of the night!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

SPOILER ALERT

Both got 1st round knockouts. Cung at like 3min, Frank at like 20 seconds.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

If anyone has video footage or even stills from these two fights let me know!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Question

glad that frank won do you have any more info, i couldnt find any results on the net just pre match talks did you see the results on the web?

Apparently the event is supposed to be aired on Fox Sports in 30 days. I'd be surprised if you could find footage before that unless someone snuck in a handycam.

Quote Originally Posted by n.mitch
    glad that frank won do you have any more info, i couldnt find any results on the net just pre match talks did you see the results on the web?
    not to pump another forum, but where else to find info on MMA PPV but
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=4109

Smile

thanks monk i couldnt get a seach result before, maxfighting are always behind in their news

BJJ wins again..........................oh...........wait.

Cung & Frank

Cung defeated Altman in 3:51 in the 1st round by knockout. It was all stand-up fighting; I was disappointed that we didn't get to see any of Cung's ground skills. Cung just kicked the snot out of Altman. His attack was mostly comprised Muay Thai kicks, an absolutely stunning barrage to Altman's head, flanks and stomach. He finished Altman with a reverse sidekick that bounced him off the cage and back into Cung's awaiting fist - it was a total Tony Jaa style move. After which, Cung gave big props to Sanshou.

We were seated on the floor, right next to the glory entrance ramp. Our publisher, Gigi, who Cung sometimes refers to as 'mom' since she sponsored him for many fights early in his career (we still make his robes), gave Cung the high five as he entered the cage. She says she's Cung's good luck charm because he's won every fight that she's attended.

Shamrock defeated Gracie in 21 seconds. He cut loose a series of rights punches that took Gracie with blinding speed. The ref had to pull him off from drilling Gracie's head to the floor with punches. It was too fast to be entertaining, but you got to respect that kind of efficiency.

I've seen a lot of MMA video, but this was the 1st legally-sanctioned bout in CA outside of Indian reservations. I was surprised how much stand up fighting there was - Jackson vs. Ortiz was littel more than a boxing match. I expected more groundwork. But on the whole, it was very satisfying.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

what kind of a matchup was that? frank had had 28 fights prior - At age 40, that was cesar's first fight...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Didn't that particular Gracie member issue a challenge to Shamrock via the internet... a broad challenge which took a few years to come to fruition?

once again a shamrock proves the gracies arent all they are cracked up to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

When fighters win by such a large margin I don't think it's necessarily because they are so good. I think (suspect) that they are actually picking much lesser opponents.

I don't know anything about the fight business but does anyone here know anything about this. People never seem to question how good of an opponent someone has when they win.

Mike Tyson knocked out loser after loser (for a long time) and everyone thought he was great. The few times he fought someone decent he either went the distance and got a decision (in an uninteresting fight) or lost badly.
    Last edited by Anthony; 03-13-2006 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    what kind of a matchup was that? frank had had 28 fights prior - At age 40, that was cesar's first fight...
    Ray Pina is right. Cesar talked smack and issued the challenge. I don't fault Shamrock for taking it. I do fault him for saying that this would put an end to the Shamrock/Gracie feud...Cesar isn't good enough to end that.

And I heard Cesar isn't a real Gracie. i heard he married a Gracie daughter and took her name. Anyone else hear that too?
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.