Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shaolin sets

I make my living here

No, I'm not in kung fu for the money because there isn't that much money in kung fu. Had I gone into something like paintball, it would have been much more lucrative for me. But if you want to send me some money, I'll be happy to talk to you on the phone. I charge by the minute, just like any chat line.

And every PhD candidate has a home office. Where are you a candidate?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    No, I'm not in kung fu for the money because there isn't that much money in kung fu. Had I gone into something like paintball, it would have been much more lucrative for me. But if you want to send me some money, I'll be happy to talk to you on the phone. I charge by the minute, just like any chat line.

And every PhD candidate has a home office. Where are you a candidate?
    Don't get me wrong Lots of Mc dojos have gotten rich from doing shoddy kung fu. In the past there are also good kung fu masters who have made good living doing body guard duties or working in the military. So doing kung fu does not mean you can't get rich. I just don't think ppl should get rich from selling fakes that's all. I hope all good kung fu masters can make good living and put their kids thru colleage, take their missus out for romantic dinner but at the same time not be complacent in their teaching. also understanding that money can change a person sometimes for the better or worse - its up to the person's choice in the end.

I know, I know, sitting at home doing reaserch is not the best thing. That's why I'm, hopeing later this year when it gets warmer I'll go to china to take in the culture there and hook up with some monks and train with the best. Also hoping to get to Thailand and see what muey thai is all about.

I'm sure, after expanding my personal experience will translate to what I write on paper - and be an inspiration to others. I don't want my thesis to go into a publication and then forgotten. To me it's not after titles, medels, acolades wat everrrrr you want to call it. It's all about personal growth and sharring with others.