Thread: Hey JP Any Relation To SD?

Hey JP Any Relation To SD?

http://homepage.mac.com/silatnyc/web...hotovideo.html

I thought you mentioned that the "White Crane" group had a founding member from the teacher of Sin The'.

What do you think of this stuff?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

A friend of mine found this site by researching some teachers that Hiang The had listed were teaching in Indonesia with Ie Chang Ming. Apparently a variation of the same name shows up in their linage (actually it was a sister school in Germany I believe.)

From Hiang The's website:

"Grandmaster Ie, also known as "Tie Chang Sang Rčn" or "Iron Palm Master" was highly skilled in the internal systems. With him was Master Liu Su Peng (Sen Pien Sow or "Spirit Whip Hand") who specialized in the Tai Peng or "Great Bird" fighting system. He also conducted advanced weapons training with the chain and fire whips. Other Masters at who taught at the Chung Yen school included Je Jou (shiao) Fu originally from Northern China who settled in mid-Java, and Qui Kwong, who is still alive today and living in Bandung. Ie Chang Ming passed away in 1968 at the age of 86. Liu Su Peng died in 1978."

Anyway, their White Crane looks like it could be related to what is staught in SD. None of the forms are the same, but some of the strikes and sequencing are similar. I have no idea if they are related or not, but I see some passing simularities with some of their forms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.