Thread: For YouKnowWho

For YouKnowWho

Greetings YouKnowWho

Second Road of Chiao Men Tan Tui......

You had a question about why one punches offline in this road. I hope the following succeeds in answering your question.

The basic level is in attacking the three gates: attacking through the middle gate followed by the simultaneous attack of the upper and lower gates.

Some roads of Tan Tui have a "What if this does not work?" approach. This road is like that.

Higher level involves grappling and throwing techniques:

Going from right to left as in the video..

1- You grab an attacking left hand with your left and follow through with a strike with your right. The opponent blocks with his right.

2- You immediately grab his right and you immediately twist his arms clockwise (locking them up) while sweeping the leg(s). This is the application of the simultaneous punch and kick.

3- If this fails, you immediately step forward with your right leg, to the outside of your opponents right foot, while violently pulling the opponents left arm across your body. The body rotation and step in should be enough to break your opponents elbow and knock him down. The technique would be more effective if you moved in with a hop, crashing in with your body. You can also break your opponents right wrist with your right hand in that move as well; so the punch in that direction does have definite meaning. The ancestors were right.

These moves happen very fast and resemble the type of techniques used by Praying Mantis practitioners. The Tan Tui presence is very strong in their techniques

Tan Tui has ALWAYS been about training basics and combat skills.

And I would not dare say that that is the only set of applications that you can get from that road.

Best Regards,

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 06-28-2005 at 06:28 PM.

I think I fell for the bait.

mickey