Thread: The Master

The Master

Ok, so I was watching "The Master" yesterday, you know the old Jet Li movie. Well I have this habit of looking through the cast for camio's and I came across one in that movie.

In the cast list its like this

Coach - Pamela J. Anderson

I looked online and she is listed as in the movie as "coach"

I cannot find a spot in the movie where there is a female "coach". I also have the collectors edition so I dont think any scenes would be taken out, especially one that has a character listed in the credits.

Can anyone enlighten me? Its bugging the heck out of me.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

you must be very idle to be doing that,
    I've watched that movie several times

it's a god possibility that the coach being referred to is the gymnastics teacher in the beginning, where the girl was doing gymnastics as well as being a janitor.

I FORGOT THAT PART!! Thanks dude, Im gonna check it tonight.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

Ok heres the reason I forgot that part. My movie does not have it in there. I cross checked it several times, no gymnastic coach. Kinda lame. I have the collectors edition, now I wonder if it really is a collectors edition. I feel ripped off.

Or maybe they decided that having Pam Anderson in a Jet Li movie was to risque'...
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

Pang,

I'm guessing that you think the Pamela Anderson in the cast list is the busty blonde bombshell -- however, her middle name is Denise, not J. So it's definitely not the former Baywatch star...

Not sure which version you have, this is the one I have and it does have that scene:

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept...pid=1000007735

Though in this case, I wouldn't bother with replacing yours, unless you're a "purist" like me. I have a gripe against alot of the American re-releases of HK movies -- here is some related material in case you're interested:

http://alliance.hellninjacommando.net/clarkletter.htm
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...457733-7772650
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

Thanks for the info Li Kao. I guess I should have used my brain and did a google on the name.

I got this movie a few years back, now im pretty stuck up and only order the HK versions.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan