Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John Springer Seminar on the 23/24 April in the UK

John Springer Seminar on the 23/24 April in the UK

Excuse the cross posting, was advised to post this here as not all people read the general part of the forum.

Thanks

From Tung-Fu.com

We are pleased to announce that John F Springer will
    be hosting a seminar in the U.K.

The subjects to be covered are:

1. Upright striking and entanglement
    2. Ground work overview.
    3. Blade work and its overlap into empty hands.

This is not just a chinese martial art seminar but an
    introduction to principles that feed directly into
    your fighting hand independant of what your background
    maybe. The seminar will be intensive, you will learn
    a lot, feel free to bring a video camera for your own
    personal reference. It will be conducted according to
    Sifu Springers mantra of 'perfect practice'.

There will be an element of training with live blades,
    attendes can bring their own blades, along with duct
    tape to make the blades training safe.

Attendees are welcome to bring their significant other
    to the seminar:

"It is of benefit for males to work with females as it
    compels them to move with finesse - good technique as
    opposed to testosterone fueled muscle.

It is good for females to work with males as it gives
    them the proper feedback with regard to encountering
    an aggressor having greater size - strength. It's a
    "win - win" situation" - John Springer.

The dates are as follows:
    April 23 / 24th

Sat April 23th.
    Doors open at 13:00 , seminar is 14:00 -> 17:30

Sun April 24th.
    Doors open at 9:30, seminar is 10:00 -> 16:00

Bradford
    BD1 2QT
    www.streetmap.co.uk/stree...02&A=Y&Z=1

Lodging.
    There is a Travelodge located near by. Prices start at
    £26 per room.

www.travelodge.co.uk/trav...tel_id=117
    www.cheaphotelbookings.com

Travel:

Car parking:
    www.ncp.co.uk/ (NCP car park post code is BD1
    5SD)
    www.bradford.gov.uk/graph...centre.pdf

Cost:

The cost will be a flat cost of £20 per person for
    each or both days.

In order for us to get an idea of names and numbers could you please email your interest to :

seminar@hotmail.co.uk

If there is anyone living in or close to london, just let us know and if there is a large genuine interest we can see about arranging transport.

John Springer = Jack Springer Ex-LYS USA rep?

Is this 'John Springer' the same as Jack Springer who insulted half the world of martial artists, to whom there is no better but himself?

He was expelled from the LYS Pai by no other than his own master, grandmaster Lee Lien himself for bad mouthing and his attitude problems. When asked about this on a forum, Springer replied: "I quit because the LYS Pai did not live up to my high standards." Then just a few weeks later on an other forum: "If anyone wants to learn authentic LYS Mantis kung fu in the USA welcome to visit me, I teach it as it was passed down to me by grandmaster Lee Lien."

Hahahahahahahah, what a patetic clown who quits something because it does not live up to his high standards then just a mere few weeks later he is promoting himself with it.

Jack Springer has also made a number of challenged recently both personally as well as threatening to setup a fight, even fighting two guys at once on a martial arts event. There was even a promoter who would set this up on an event, however, Springer NEVER fulfilled his part of the deal.

Jack Springer has been kicked out of a number of forums for constantly insulting others. Have fun on his seminar - whoever cares.

-X-
    Last edited by X-Warrior; 03-31-2005 at 09:50 AM. Reason: spelling error

I already have great teachers for stand up, ground and blade work, why should I traing with this guy? who is he? website address etc?

You won't lose anything Paul by not attending his seminar, you're better off sticking with your own teacher.

He has no website, he used to have his own page on the LYS Pai website but it has been taken off since he was expelled. He is just going around, bad mouths everyone on forums and challenges people but never actually fulfills any of them. He was expelled from his Pai for good reasons.

-X-

Springer is a no life loser, I believe he was banned from this forum as well. Since he got kicked out from the school he represented in the US, he runs around like a goat separated from the herd by a wolf, trying to make ends meet. He sets up seminars to milk unsuspecting victims. He needs to pay his bills too .

-X-

X-Warrior, I think you conjure an image that is far from accurate. JFS has one helluva impressive CV.

Rgds,
    David

FYI: I was a senior student of one of the masters lead the association he now claims to represent in NY City, the Hip Sing Association. What he claims and spreads about himself - especially in the UK - and what reality is are two very different things, but like I said, just because he was expelled from one Pai, he still needs to make a living too. His 'helluva CV' was created by no other but he himself. What you belive about it, is up to you.

Have fun on his seminar .

-X-
    Last edited by X-Warrior; 03-31-2005 at 01:58 PM.

X-W, none of what you've said in that last post is technically negative in any way, just slanted (as before) in order to almost-deniably suggest dark truths . You got me hiding behind my sofa for a moment there...

In my correspondence with, and reading of, JFS online over the years, I've high respect for his understanding of kung fu theory and reality. Going back over your posts here, I'd like to pick up on all the points you made: -

* £40 for two days training won't pay much air-fare, let alone 'living'. For the rest, at home in the US, tuition is free.
    * The fact that people feel insulted by him is irrelevant, but hilarious (for different reasons at different times).
    * The LYS / Lee Lien / gong sao subject is being dealt with during the visit. I don't do politics anymore, especially of Jook Lum so don't ask me to either follow your arguments or to provide my own.
    * If memory serves, JFS was suspended from this forum but not banned. And he came back. I have fond memories of the Ralek (actually, was it Ralek or another troll?) challenge thing that was played out here .
    * Hip Sing, Hung Mei etc etc - JFS has high real-life availability to any person or group who would have him humiliated - but that's never happened. Go figure. Anyway, I don't know about or have any interest in any of that but I do get hot thinking about mantis and hung gar, which are what it boils down to.

Rgds,
    David

PS it's going to take a little financial miracle for me to attend the weekend but it's my Prayer Of The Month to make it.

well I have never met Jack and a lot of the time I dont bother to read the crap that is posted by him or the guys arguing.... but when he talks kung fu he knows what he is talking about.... who gives a flying fook if some master kicked him out of this club or that club... it really doesnt matter. What does matter is that he does actuallt know what he talks about.... unlike most the forums where the majority of people post ****e......
    I cant make the seminar but some of the guys I train with said they are going and I am sure that they will come away with a new perspective on their styles...

[QUOTE=X-Warrior]FYI: I was a senior student of one of the masters lead the association he now claims to represent in NY City, the Hip Sing Association.

Oh really That's hysterical, and just who would your "Master" be as I was, once again, treated very well by my HST Brothers at the Chinese New Year Celebration this year.

For that matter, being as you are a "senior student" and all I'm sure you will have no problem telling us all what dishes were served at the Ceremony this year. I mean ... certainly the time of day/night the banquet took place must be known to you so ... what was it? Just for ****es and giggles, what is to the immedidate left (as you are facing it) of the Sun Toi in the HST?

Amazing how a "highly" credintialled individual such as yourself has no option but to hide behind an avatar

BTW, I have my signed "dues" payment slips for both of the Chinese Fraternal Organizations I am a member of by formal Blood Oath. Let's get together and I'll show them to you ... then I'll show you my good hands

To set the record straight, the UK promoter dropped the idea of having me wipe out the LYS Pai at one of his events. I have his E-mail (with his name) stating there was no interest in a TCMA grudge being settled at a MMA event. I'll provide you with a copy of that as well when we meet ... face to face.

**What he claims and spreads about himself - especially in the UK - and what reality is are two very different things, but like I said, just because he was expelled from one Pai, he still needs to make a living too.

Hmmm ... you really are a bit out of the loop. I have never charged so much as 1 cent for my teaching. My chosen profession provides quite nicely for my Family in addition to allowing me to help the least of my Sisters & Brothers. As for the LYS Pai, I walked away from them and have the correspondence from Ellie to prove it. Might as well give you a copy of that when we meet.

**His 'helluva CV' was created by no other but he himself. What you belive about it, is up to you.

Is that right? Amazing. So the pictures of me being inside the door where no Lofan has ever been before, the pictures of me standing with members of Lum Sang's earliest Families, with their arms draped around me as the Brother I am, my Identification Badge (I'm not only a member, I an Officer) for the National Convention of one of the societies, my DD214, the video tape of Lee-Lein praising me repeatedly ... all made up, eh? Sorry loser, I've endured enough crap from gutless, no name trolls over the years to have closed off every avenue of approach.

What's particularly "ssshhhhwwwweeet" is that some people have actually made the effort to meet with me ... this past Chinese New Year and my Guests to be exact. They saw with their own eyes the framed photograph with me ... the only Lofan in some 100 representatives (Officers) from the North American Continent hung right on the wall of the organizational HQs. I also allowed them to take a bunch of photos so they could laugh when faceless trolls claimed "they" weren't there

Unlike you, I have no problems or reservations meeting with anyone and providing them with "proof" in whatever form they desire. When you have the guts to properly identify yourself and learn to be a Man I might be interested in what you post. Other than that ... have a nice time hiding under rocks
    Last edited by JFSUSA; 04-01-2005 at 07:37 AM.

JFSUSA = belongs to no Pai, represents nobody, wanna be show off. No one cares about him and his mouth boxing. Too much talk, too little to show.

-X-

Jack THE man

Little Jack went up on the hill,
    Because he thought he wanted somebody to be,
    His mouth was just way too big and round,
    So he slid right back into the staring crowd.

Jack oh Jack it's time to wake up,
    Put your sword down which is nothing but a make-up,
    Stop those fancy talks and lies,
    They make us nothing but shiver, shake and cry.

People see him and say 'Wow',
    When they hear him taking on his seminar,
    Little they realize why he is there:
    To make money, and of course to pay for the fare.

Jack oh Jack it's time to wake up,
    Put your hands down before they just break up,
    You may go or run around,
    But you will NEVER receive that shiny little crown.

-X-
    Last edited by X-Warrior; 04-01-2005 at 04:11 PM.

What a Boner

Good 'ol X-Warrior, hell of a poet for a brain donor. Can't answer any questions, too scared to post under his own name. You really haven't improved much over the years. Still talking trash ... still hiding ... still with -0- credibility. You lost out with the Bama Boys so many years ago. Bye bye, tosser.

I'll be there...

Never met JFS, or had any correspondence with him, but I'm impressed with his knowledge of Kung Fu,while also amused with his banter with trolls....

But I'm convinced there's plenty anyone at any level can learn something from him, and being so, I'll be seeing anyone with a open heart to learn (and the time to set aside of course), there at the seminar.

Looking forward to it, gonna pick up a camcorder just for the event!

Take Care All...

Phu Le

Note: JFS... been meaning to ask you, think you can teach me to kick Nish's ass within an hour or so?

Re.

Hi all,

Just a quick post to verify that the cost will be a flat cost of £20 per person for
    each or both days. So it wont be £40 for both days. This seminar was not arranged to make any money and JFS had kindly offered to teach those who wish to learn.

David, hope you can make it, let me know if you plan to come down.

Hey Phu, good to hear from you...where are my dvds . Glad you can make it, send an email to seminar@hotmail.co.uk please. (lol i think you need more than an hour but im sure we will all gain a lot from the seminar.)

Regards to all
    The roots of true achievement lie in the will to become the best that you can become.

train hard...

www.tonglong.co.uk/

www.tonglong.co.uk/forum/