Thread: contender

contender

so what did you guys think?

i only watched the fight ... which was highly edited. was disapointed the dude with his kid lost.
    where's my beer?

I really enjoyed the show.

The final fight had way too much editing, but on the good side they took the time to introduce the fighters that would be fighting. Because of this you already had an emotional attachment to one (or both) fighters and that made the fight exciting. If they would have just showed 2 guys throwing down without the background information the fight wouldnt of had the same impact.

Bottom line, I like what I'm seeng so far and hopefully it will just get better!

I was happy the mexican guy won. Everybody seems so shock when the white dude with the kid lost. He was too ****y!! The other dude had some skills. Even though it's just boxing.

Great show.....much better than the Oscar de la Hoya show that was on Fox.

The best part is that they are all professionals with very good credentials. These guys are excellent fighters. You do get a personal look at them, which I also think makes the fight at the end much more interesting.

The fight was edited, but I still thought it showed a good representation of both the fighters skills. I actually liked how they put some of the shots into slow motion for effect.

I recommended checking it out. I hope it continues in the same fashion as last night.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Either Peace or War

Quote Originally Posted by wind draft
    ...Even though it's just boxing.
    Even though? The average boxer has more skill in applying his art then the average martial artist does.

I missed the show though. Is it on the same time as the UFC show?
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

It's before the UFC show on a different channel.

Personally I think with two weeks of training the sprawl 9 out of 10 of these guys would beat the UFC show contenders.

Not that every single contestant on either show couldn't kick my ass, because they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen
    Even though? The average boxer has more skill in applying his art then the average martial artist does.
    Exactly.

I'm really surprised when I hear ppl like Wind draft. Actually, I'm going to stop here because I've had these debates before and they never lead anywhere.

Kind of disappointed. Hoped it would have contained more on actual training then all this "reality drival".

I have a kid that age and it really kind of ****ed me off that he would let her watch him fight. I also think it had a psychological affect on his performance.

They picked the correct winner. Man if only the white boy had stepped it up,
    Probably because it would be on his permanent record he didn't want to get knocked out??

Lets wait for the next show (i think its on this thursday before going on its permanent schdule of sundays?)

The UFC show is a better. Still wish they would include more training tips and the like.

Right now I just tape it and play it back with the fast forward button

They are on at the same time here... so I flipped back and forth...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

I was happy the mexican guy won. Everybody seems so shock when the white dude with the kid lost. He was too ****y!! The other dude had some skills. Even though it's just boxing.

umm..... only boxing? I have a feeling I'm gonna regret asking this, but would you care to explain that one?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

when i said even though its just boxing, I am saying for boxing these guys are great! You might have misunderstood what I meant to say.

when i said even though its just boxing, I am saying for boxing these guys are great! You might have misunderstood what I meant to say.
    Good save.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Come out and say it......

for boxing these guys are great...

Do you think boxing is inferior to what you do?
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

ngokfei ....
    I have a kid that age and it really kind of ****ed me off that he would let her watch him fight. I also think it had a psychological affect on his performance.
    i can see both sides of that. you certainly dont want your kid to see you get injured, but if boxing is who you are ... if its your entire life outside your family ... you're probably going to want your family there chearing you on. i also think that most kids are a little less breakable than people give them credit for ... if she's grown up around daddy boxing she'll quickly get used to seeing him get punched in his noggin.

im also not sure if your right about it effecting his performance, but you could be and i certainly cant argue the point.
    where's my beer?

so what did everyone think of the second episode.

i actually watched the entire thing this time and i cant say that i felt it was time well spent. i mean if im bored and theres nothing else on and i dont want to actually do something then id say it was worth it .... but otherwise ehh.
    where's my beer?