Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ONG BAK: The Thai Warrior (Tony Ja)

Question ONG BAK: The Thai Warrior (Tony Ja)

So what is the dilly yo on this flick? i have been seeing previews of it here in Nova Scotia.

"no harnesses,,no safety nets,,does his own stunts,,,wowee zowee".

anyone have any more info on this?

PEACE,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

grasshopper

Use the search function - ONG BAK
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

You seeing it at Alamo Drafthouse, TWS?
    -------------------------------------------
    "It is a good thing to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo, from Hagakure

Talking

i really like your quote from the hagakure 'cho'. it makes sense on a level besides the most obvious. i finally understood what its trying to say.
    Last edited by FuXnDajenariht; 02-09-2005 at 09:56 PM.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

You seeing it at Alamo Drafthouse, TWS?
    well i get back to Austin this friday,,i will most likely go there to see it. haha they dont serve beer and decent food in the theatres here,and this is canada for christs sake

to be more specific i was wondering if this is a film that was already made 5 years ago and is JUST now getting play time on USA theatre screens.

haha just looked at the links provided,,looks like i was right. you know the funny thing is that most of the people will be like WOW what a great NEW and recently made film

PEACE,,TWS
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 02-10-2005 at 06:32 AM.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

T shirt design

While we're on the topic, Gene & I have been batting around some possible ideas for new t-shirts...

here's one I came up with. It's rough but I thought I would post it here for opinions... do any of y'all this this should be a T-shirt?

Hee, sifu funny. I vote yes.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Just saw it last Thursday. Definitely worth seeing.

There's some REALLY bad acting, and the first couple of fights aren't that well choreographed, but the final fight makes up for it very much. The chase scene easily rivals that of Jackie Chan's early 70s/80s movies.

Gets a thumbs up from me.
    -------------------------------------------
    "It is a good thing to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo, from Hagakure

yeah, but what about the t-shirt?

Originally posted by cho
    Just saw it last Thursday. Definitely worth seeing.

There's some REALLY bad acting, and the first couple of fights aren't that well choreographed, but the final fight makes up for it very much. The chase scene easily rivals that of Jackie Chan's early 70s/80s movies.

Gets a thumbs up from me.
    I was impressed with most of the fight choreography (except for the horrid one where the "big bad guy" threw cups, etc, at Ting).

I thought the acting was marginal and the chase scenes pointless. Sure, he can run and jump and flip and it is very impressive... but if the guys chasing him can keep up just by running normally, what's the point?
    Royce can choke as many people as he wants. He'll never have a cartoon as cool as Jackie Chan Adventures.

-- Chang Style Novice

Does anyone know who that big guy with the really bad perm is?

For some reason, he seems familiar to me.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

better of the thai movies i have scene, but i think it sucked
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I take no responsibility...

...for DS's thai pork shirt. Sometimes we don't give him enough work and idle hands are the devil's workshop...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

he's just jealous 'cause he didn't think of it...

he's too busy digging up the corpse of the Kungu TV show for t-shirt ideas...