Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackie Chan's NEW POLICE STORY

Jackie Chan's NEW POLICE STORY

This is the best Jackie Chan movie I've seen in years. It's brand new - released in September of 2004. One of our regular freelancers, August West, will have a full review on the e-zine next week. But if you just want to see for yourself, we got the double disc DVD just in!

Jackie Chan's NEW POLICE STORY Put it on your holiday gift list!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Jackie Chan's NEW POLICE STORY

We just got Jackie Chan's NEW POLICE STORY on DVD in stock, just in time for the holidays. The film was released in Asia in September 2004 and there are no plans to distribute it in America at this time. In fact, Jackie has said in interview that he's trying to block it because the American distibutors have done so poorly in the past. The best part? This movie rocks. It's the good old Jackie Chan we know and love - big stunts, big fights, big fun. In my humble opinion, it's the best movie he's put out in years. One of our freelancers, August West, will have an e-zine review up for us by next week, but our first shipment is in now, with a second shipment to come in next Tuesday. This has got to be the best martial arts stocking stuffer ever! Tell your friends, ask Santa, shop MartialArtsMart!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Re: Jackie Chan's NEW POLICE STORY

Originally posted by GeneChing
    This movie rocks. It's the good old Jackie Chan we know and love - big stunts, big fights, big fun. In my humble opinion, it's the best movie he's put out in years.

Sounds good, thanks Gene!

This has got to be the best martial arts stocking stuffer ever!

Can a DVD fit into an x-mas stocking (further, why are they called stockings? They're foot mittens!!), and when was the last time you got a DVD in your stocking Gene?

Tell your friends, ask Santa, shop MartialArtsMart!
    Have you ever thought about borrowing the line from Army of Darkness and just rewording it a bit to: "Shop smart, shop Martial Arts Mart!"
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Are there any English options?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

probably not, but you can count on an engrish option.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Originally posted by IronFist
    Good question.

I doubt we'll get lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

engrish is the best option. i love the bootleg animes because of that feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Will do.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

ill pick it up in china.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Post BAH i can't stand dubbing

Originally posted by IronFist
    i know what jakcie chan sounds like when he speaks english & i hate listening to english dialouge that's obviously NOT the actors in question

i'd rather just read the subtitles, it's much more enjoyable, imo

did you try watching crouching tiger w/dubbing? it's hilarious...chow yun fat & michelle yeoh etc, with these strong english(=british) accents.....man....yes, in ancient china, the british accent was very prevelant...

just give me the original language as it was intended & i'll read the english translation at the bottom of the screen.
    In mildness is the strength of steel

Engrish

There are subtitles, but maybe you missed my comment earlier - Jackie is not planning to release this in America - so no dub version. Here's an interview with Jackie where he says he's not going to sell it. Of course, that might change... In addition, there's no subtitles at all on the special "Making of" documentary in the DVD we are offering but it shows how they did the stunts, so you get the idea.

I should comment that this is the first Jackie Chan I've seen in years that is NOT suitable for children. Some of the violence is a bit too intense. That's quite a change for Jackie, especially when you consider the success of his cartoon, Jackie Chan adventures.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

That's quite a change for Jackie, especially when you consider the success of his cartoon, Jackie Chan adventures.
    yeah but it's no where near as severe as what Bob Crane did!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Re: Engrish

There are subtitles, but maybe you missed my comment earlier - Jackie is not planning to release this in America - so no dub version. Here's an interview with Jackie where he says he's not going to sell it. Of course, that might change... In addition, there's no subtitles at all on the special "Making of" documentary in the DVD we are offering but it shows how they did the stunts, so you get the idea.

I should comment that this is the first Jackie Chan I've seen in years that is NOT suitable for children. Some of the violence is a bit too intense. That's quite a change for Jackie, especially when you consider the success of his cartoon, Jackie Chan adventures.
    sounds like old school jackie is back. well a couple of his productions like gen x cops and stuff were a bit violent too.

Re: Jackie Chan's NEW POLICE STORY

We just got Jackie Chan's NEW POLICE STORY on DVD in stock, just in time for the holidays. The film was released in Asia in September 2004 and there are no plans to distribute it in America at this time. In fact, Jackie has said in interview that he's trying to block it because the American distibutors have done so poorly in the past. The best part? This movie rocks. It's the good old Jackie Chan we know and love - big stunts, big fights, big fun. In my humble opinion, it's the best movie he's put out in years. One of our freelancers, August West, will have an e-zine review up for us by next week, but our first shipment is in now, with a second shipment to come in next Tuesday. This has got to be the best martial arts stocking stuffer ever! Tell your friends, ask Santa, shop MartialArtsMart!
    Good ish Gene

Gen X Cops

It's sort of like Gen X cops meets Police Story.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips