Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Putman

Stacey Guest

Jason Putman

Is anyone swallowing that article? found on www.kungfumagazine.com "Kung Fu Secret Agent"

Sounds like Frank Dux. I was dissapointed not to hear of any kumite.

If its real then I appologise to Jason and to Bannon, but this sounds like fantasy.

Its roughly plausible until this line.

"On a joint assignment, Bannon fell in love with French counter-terrorist agent Sidelle Rimbaud.8 They planned on marriage; she was killed in a firefight with North Korean child smugglers and terrorists in Marseilles. "I was filled with a raw lust for vengeance," he says. "Jacques told me about Archangel. He didn't have to ask twice."

If this is real, then your life is imidating dime store novel art.

I am, however, a fan of the ka bar and have one myself. Although just from camping mine is far more worn. He must have just gotten a new one.

Funny thing about secret agents is that they are usually homely forgetable looking folks and are picked based on a psycological profile for someone who doesn't want to tell others of their exploits. Again to David Bannon, if it is true, I apologise, your life is truly unbelievable.

In the cross reference section I see that he learned hapkido, he taught a free women's self defense course and impressed people who knew zip. That his supposed mentor exists and that child prostitution is a priority for interpol. It doesn't place him in the equation though.

Yeah, we were discussing this on the "Kung Fu Secret Agent" thread I had started.

The whole thing really does sound like cheap cliches from every secret agent novel & film ever made. I've known real intelligence agents, and men who had really killed people (in Vietnam) and you couldn't get them to talk about ANY of it. I always had to get details from their wives or family members.

This guy's trying to sell his book, I think that says alot about it.

doesn't sound realistic to me. Why would they be assassinating child slavers? typically instead of just kiling guys with free-wiled abandon you want to question them, get deeper into the organization, that sort of thing.

Putnam and Bannon

I've invited both of them to respond on our secret agent thread. Putnam sent me a statement that he wanted me to post, but frankly, I'm not going to do that. If he feels the need to defend his work here on the forum, as with any of the freelance authors that submit to us, they can do that themselves. Putnam has yet to even sign up for membership. Bannon made the offer to discuss it when the original article came out on our print magazine down on our TC Media forum so he has a membership here that is still active and has also been notified about these threads.

Herein lies the power of the KFM forum, unlike any other martial arts magazine. We can discuss this directly with the authors, if they have the inclination. Both author Putnam and subject Bannon know about these threads, so now we watch and see...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

....the sounds of crickets and tree frogs....
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Jason Putman's our newest member.

Here we go...

I like the bit in the story where he dons the red cape and flys so fast around the earth that it spins the other way and travels back in time!!

Seriously that's the worst load of sh.ite I have read in a long time.

I'm stil interested to hear from those who wrote or "lived" this article. It just sounds to make believe to be real but you never know.

im a secret agent. hey call me secret agent man
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Here we go indeed

I've just approved Mr. Putnam's membership and I commend any author that comes out here on the forum to discuss their work, especially if it has aroused controversy like this one has.

I should also note that Dr. Bannon corrected me on the post I made on the Secret Agent thread posted above. Dr. Bannon's last contribution to us was the Deadly Hands article. Mr. Putnam is an independant reporter. Although Dr. Bannon was aware of Mr. Putnam's work about him, he said he had not seen the article in question until it's publication.

Ladies and Gentleman, I'm assuming that we will hear from Mr. Putnam very soon, if not next.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

If all that was true this guy must be very good to still be alive .... and to think he went to a martial art magazine instead of Time, New York Times, ect to break it.

Gene, are you guys up for any media awards?

Thank you for your comments

As much as I'd love to accept any award for being the first to "break" this story, readers will find in the detailed reference notes that the first major media venue to investigate and confirm Bannon's account was National Public Radio (NPR) last July in an exhaustive 30-min report on The Todd Mundt Show. Since then, the story has been investigated and confirmed by two newspapers (Charlotte Observer [31st largest metro in the U.S.] and a story I wrote for a much smaller paper, The Lake Norman Times) and most recently by Fox News Channel in a report that aired on March 24.

I have been researching this article, and other similar works, for over a year in preparation for my new book on the world's intelligence special forces, coming from Random House in 2005. My father is a retired DEA special agent in charge, so I've been around some pretty astounding things, although not from personal experience. My dad vouched for Bannon and Defferre; and then he vouched for me when I pursued all the interviews.

The heart of the article, "Kungfu Secret Agent," is the volume of interviews. I spoke in person and via phone with law officers, intelligence officers and Interpol agents, all of whom worked with Bannon. I interviewed Bannon's Interpol supervisor, Jacques Defferre, in person before the gentleman's death. Some of the interviewees didn't care for Bannon, others spoke of him with long years between them, but all confirmed the existence of Team Archangel and that they had worked with Bannon and Defferre. Bannon's book, "Race Against Evil," has been confirmed as accurate and credible by intelligence and law officers with whom he worked. The interviews are detailed in the article and speak for themselves.

Bannon himself wrote his first account for Kungfu Magazine in 2001, as Gene has noted, and then told the full story in his book from New Horizon, which was fully vetted by the attorneys of the book's distributor, Penguin-Putnam (no relation, darnit). My own publisher is repeating the vetting process, checking all of my tapes, transcripts, contact information and support documentation -- as would be required by any major media venue. As with all journalism, the interview tapes and transcripts, as well as full contact information, are held by my book publisher.

Bannon currently serves as an expert witness on global human trafficking for federal appellate courts in Florida, Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C. I confirmed this with two law firms that have hired him as an expert consultant - both of whom have independently verified his credentials and background with Interpol before putting him on the stand to testify. This corroboration is hard to refute or deny.

If my writing style isn't up to Kungfu standards, or if I have dramatized in a way that readers find distracting, I accept full blame. It should not reflect poorly on the hundreds of Interpol officers who shed blood and sweat and years defending children. The sacrifices of Team Archangel were too dear to be dismissed because of my flaws as a writer.

When I interviewed Bannon and Defferre together, I was struck by their normalcy - so remarkably normal that it was almost abnormal - it was easy to miss them, to let your eyes slide over them and onto someone else in the coffee shop. Only after talking with them in detail did I begin to sense the remarkable depths of quiet violence in both men. After Defferre was killed, and with much investigation, I have concluded that Bannon revealed his story as a safety measure that has little to do with book sales. Going public, but retaining support docs, he has been able to leave what Defferre (with characteristic panache) called "the secret world."

Bannon himself has a much deeper motivation and when he discusses it, his demeanor is one of unwavering resolve and dignity. Bannon is a child advocate and his book is secondary to spreading the world about what he calls "this most horrific atrocity," child sex trafficking. After talking with these men in person, all of the subsequent support docs and confirming interviews served to increase my own horror at the sheer volume of children abused in sex trafficking -- and to begin to understand in part the immense frustration of men like Defferre that ultimately led to a Team Archangel.

Much of my research was assisted by Professor Chiu Hse Yu of Singapore University, with whom I co-wrote "Interpol's Secret Army" for The Western Libertartian Alliance political journal. Bannon also has an article in the same issue, "The Hidden Slavery: Global Sex Trafficking," which - true to his character - mentions nothing about his own book. The issue in question can be downloaded in entirety (1.9 M) as a PDF file at
    http://www.westernlibertarian.org/pa...0low%20res.pdf
    or got to http://www.westernlibertarian.org/paper and choose "WLA Complete".
    Professor Chiu's web site (and contact address) is: http://www.geocities.com/chiuhse_yu

I am pleased to correspond with anyone who has read Bannon's book and done the hard research needed to qualify their findings--including, of course, the year I've spent gathering interviews, photos, and support documentation that confirm undeniably the facts of this article.

Thank you for reading the article and offering your comments. I hope I have addressed your concerns.

Jason Putman
    http://www.geocities.com/JasonPutmanwrites
    JasonPutmanwrites@yahoo.com
    Jason Putman
    JasonPutmanwrites@yahoo.com
    http://www.geocities.com/JasonPutmanwrites

sounds good to me Jason, thanks for getting on and posting to set us straight. Not that KF Magazine isn't a reliable source but you never know.

Stacey Guest
    Putman...Do you know kung fu?

I'm guessing so...I pushed and poked and you sunk in humility and turned. Well I'm satiated. It was an entertaining article, so much so that I didn't think it could be real. Anyways, nice work, writing isn't easy.

Well, that seems to solve that.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips