Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've been promoted to monkhood!

Wink I've been promoted to monkhood!

Check it out - my disciple brother kungfu**** sent me this link. I'm honored and repulsed at the same time.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

hah! Now, you have a reason for practicing abstinence!

Wrong religion, I'm sure. But still, it's always funny to make light of a man's not-gettin-any-situation.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Hah!
    Maybe you have a cult following, Gene. They may consider you Damo. Get them to rally up the virgins!
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

The cult of Gene

Actually, I do have a weird following (and many of them are probably virgins, but for the wrong reasons ). You should see some of the weird mail I get. Everything from dried flowers to blurry polariods to processed cheese. Someone once sent me a paint container of industrial chocolate pudding. I am completely serious about this. My fans are wacky.

As for abstinence, well, I'm married with a kid, so it's not like I can take advantage of that following and still keep my vows. Not that I'd want to - come on? Industrial grade pudding? At least spring for the good stuff.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gene married, who would have thought! . so whats you Monk Name? I figure if i ever get a monk name it will be Shi Gwai Lo and dude, dont knock the paint size containers of industrial chocolate pudding man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

'fess up shaolinlueb...

...you sent me the pudding, didn't ya?

Actually, I know who did it and it was a good prank. I still have it, just in case. You never know.

It would adopt the name gwailo since I'm not one. That would really confuse people.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Thumbs up

Dear Mr. GeneChing:

Congratulations! A suggestion for your marketing campaign if I may. Add the following to your website:

"All Shaolin students that attain Monk status will be given a free tote bag from MartialArtsMart.com"

Marketedly yours,

dimmakseminar

lol....can't get th link to open but if you're now a monk...interested a dedicated disciple??...just kidding ....but if you shack up ata temple...book me in for a visit in the future

i think you should have a serious look through that pudding Gene, afterall, the proof is in it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Gene,
    I'm not sure whats wrong here. I went to the site you posted the link to, and I found the pics of you in the monk robes and all, but when I click on them, I don't get the Kung Fu Magazine store

Whats up with THAT??
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

proof in the pudding

You don't get martialartsmart because it's not martialartsmart. That's the whole point. I have nothing to do with the creation of that site. I understand that this company is a distributor for our parent company Tiger Claw, so I'm assuming that they are using our image to help them sell Tiger Claw gear (otherwise, that's not really kosher). kunguf**** just thought it was funny because it's not in a store context, it's in an information-about-shaolin context. You'd think they'd be able to get a real monk pic.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

'twas just a matter of time...

we all knew you'd go far, brother Gene!

I'll add it to my wall collage of your published appearances

'Sides, puddin's better than stinky cheese... 'specially if it comes in an aerosol can.

herb ox

More PROOF to why Gene is a racist! Not sure what I'm talking about? Go here: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...threadid=30091
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by
    fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

wow

A guy with a confederate flag as his avatar is calling me a racist. That's hilarious YYD! FWIW, I did sell a sword for a white supremacist once. I didn't know it at the time. He was a client of the sword shop I used to work at. Bought a lot of stuff. Then one day this big expose came out in the newspapare and we were all shocked.

HO: Pudding from an aerisol can....hmmm, you may be on to something. I don't know about the wall collage - I'd be more honored by that if you were a hot chick. Knowing that you're not, it makes me kinda nervous.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

LOL, surely Californians have a sense of humor. I'm beginning to wonder.....geez....
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by
    fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!