Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: did bruce lee smoke maryjane?

diz84 Guest

did bruce lee smoke maryjane?

this might be a stupid question, but my 2 friends said that bruce lee smoked pot, they said they saw this from watching one of bruce's documentries.
    well they said bruce died of pot coz he was allegic to it or sumthin, can someone fill me in?"
    and who here does get high?

d

Sil Lum Palm Guest

hashish

Actually Bruce didn't really smoke pot, he ate hashish, and lots from what I understand. Many people have admited it, even Joe Lewis was quoted as saying so in Davis Millers "Tao of Bruce Lee". They said Bruce would come to a party and pass out joints, be he himself normally ate Hashish or brownies. He really liked al the attention and he liked to see people have a good time. I understand that that was all he did but some think it may have been what killed him. Joe Lewis said that while Bruce was visiting his house that bruce had 1 small drink and became very ill because his body was so sensitive do to his rigourous training. Any time Bruce was subjected to alcohol, even a small bit, this happend. His family physician was interviewed by Davis Miller as well( whom I have personally talked to via the Bruce forum), and he said that on a previous occasion Bruce collapsed while eating hashish and they had to pump large amounts from stomach, it allmost killed him then. His Doctor told him he had an elergic reaction to the alkaline or something in the hashish and that if he did it again he could die. I'm not saying thats the complete truth but thats how many think he died, however I would never want to damage a good mans name. You can check out Davis Miller's "Tao of Bruce Lee" to see more on the subject, however the entire book isnt about Bruce Lee.

voodoocat Guest
    There is not a single shred of evidence that anyone has ever died from marijuana. It cannot kill you directly. Things like lung cancer (which you cannot get from eating pot), or an increased heart rate causing heart attack are the only ways to tie maryjane with death.

Sil Lum Palm Guest
    ALLERGIES is the key word here. It can kill you if you were to have an allergic reaction, however you wouldn't be dieing from the pot you'd be dead from allergies. I am not saying it's so, and in a way I support medical marijuana and all and I agree it doesn't cause much harm, but to sit back and say it CAN'T happen is ignorant. I don't believe Mr. Miller would have made up any quotes he got from Bruce's doctor, but who knows??
    I was just giving a theory.. either way we can say that , yes, I believe Bruce may have used cannabis for recreational purposes.

BAI HE Guest

SUPPOSEDLY...

the reaction to the hash caused his brain to swell.

voodoocat Guest
    I've yet to hear about an allergic reaction to pot that caused death, but that would not surprise me. People can die from allergic reactions peanuts, that's crazy!

I seriously doubt that Bruce died from an allergic reaction. It doesn't sound like he had any prior issues with ganja, which is what I base my opinion on.

I would have loved to passed the brownie dish to Bruce ;-)

Raimondo Guest
    I heard that he took skunk (a much stronger form of weed) before he died. Some old people have died from smoking skunk, because it is much stronger (sometimes laced with crack or LSD), and their frail bodies cannot handle it. As a result, skunk is classed as 'A' drug (by authorities) in the UK, while normal weed is class B.
    There are some rare forms of cannabis resin that are pure THC (the chemical that produces the effects). He may have wanted something stronger, as the body develops a resistance after prolonged use. As a result, he may have inadvertantly killed himself.

Kong Jianshen Guest
    When I found out that Bruce used to do the hashish I remember thinkin.. Wow! Thats funny. But not shocking, im sure he didnt drink or smoke ciggerettes or anything of the sort. Almost everyone has to have SOME way to catch a buzz on occasion and keep the sanity I belive. Whether u want to use the many ciggerette smoking Kung Fu masters a example, or the Saki loving Karate masters, or Sakuraba himself and his drinking, you have it everywhere. Anything in life that is done without moderation will hurt you. Thats the bottom line. Hell, Kung Fu students used to compare styles and technqiues at night at Opium Houses in days of old.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Nietzsche

Kong Jianshen Guest
    And I might get flamed for this, but I dont give a ****.

"I would have loved to passed the brownie dish to Bruce ;-)"

HAHAHHA VOODOO, you my friend, ARE NOT ALONE ;)

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Nietzsche

Sil Lum Palm Guest
    Skunk is not laced with anything. Its a strain of cannibas thats all. Its not a different frug, it is just usually like the stuff found in Amsterdam. I just had to get that across. I still don't condon any drug use

Sil Lum Palm Guest
    my god shoot me for the spelling

fiercest tiger Guest

the truth!!

BRUCE was a known heroin, speed user and took acid at parties!

come & visit us!
    http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
    yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Raimondo Guest
    Posted by Sil Lum Palm

Skunk is not laced with anything. Its a strain of cannibas thats all. Its not a different drug, it is just usually like the stuff found in Amsterdam. I just had to get that across. I still don't condon any drug use

Different forms of skunk you come across CAN be laced with other substaces. Skunk laced with LSD is known as 'ginger beard', and skunk laced with crack is generally known as 'white widow'

shaolinboxer Guest

Official cause of death

Allergic reaction to Equagesic, a migraine medication.

Poor ******* had killer migraines. No wonder he ate pot.

wujidude Guest
    Raimondo:

>Different forms of skunk you come across CAN be laced with other substaces. Skunk laced with LSD is known as 'ginger beard', and skunk laced with crack is generally known as 'white widow' <

I wonder what they lace "White Eyebrow" skunk with . . . ;- )