Thread: rare footage of bruce lee doing gung fu forms

Hybrid View

Greetings,

Rising Sun Productions had good quality footage of Bruce Lee from that time period at one time. I think the Bruce Lee Estate put a stop to that.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

Rising Sun Productions had good quality footage of Bruce Lee from that time period at one time. I think the Bruce Lee Estate put a stop to that.

mickey
    If Linda and Shannon do not own the footage can they block the film only on the basis of owning the image rights? I mean if any of this stuff filmed Bruce how could they have any grounds? It seems if that is the case actors could sue everyone that takes there picture for image usage.

Greetings Billy,

It is why I put, "I think".

It was on the market briefly and then it disappeared. From what I remember, the footage was in color.

mickey

From about 0:44 to 0:53 is BL's variation of a bit of 'crane form' that he's shown elsewhere, such as in his Green Hornet screen test, and in Way of the Dragon just prior to KOing the Wolfman Jack-looking dude (or was it really Wolfman Jack?).

The parts where he's playing with, and playfully kicking at Brandon I've seen before much more clearly, I think in a BL documentary.

I have a Bruce Lee video with a bunch of home video and screen tests and such. I bought it at Walmart of all places maybe 15 years ago. For like 5 bucks. I think most if not all the footage is on youtube.