Thread: The Pope resigns - who here should take over?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    It had nothing to do with Jesus, it had to do with the gentiles and whether or not that were to become Jewish if they were to follow "the Way".
    sry i typed badly, i was finished talking about antioch, i was talking about the controversy with the jewish priesthood and the general jewish population.
    Last edited by bawang; 02-26-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    sry i typed badly, i was finished talking about antioch, i was talking about the controversy with the jewish priesthood and the general jewish population.
    It was a valid controversy since, while He preached, Jesus made it clear that it was for the "lost sheep of Israel" that He had come for.
    Jesus never preached against the Torah, sure He made of made it clear that there was an over legalization of how the Torah was being interpreted by the priestly class at the time BUT on a whole He was an observant Jew and since He made on comment on how to integrate the Gentiles, that was left to the apostles and the early church to decide.
    With guidance from the Holy Spirit, Paul made His view clear, Peter ( though a bit on the fence even after his revelation from Christ) and James agreed and the matter SEEMED to be settled BUT Paul still had issues when trying to join the gentiles to the Jews in his congregations.
    Issues with the Sabbath and dietary restrictions more than anything else it seems.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

the whole controversy about jesus was a jewish one. the jews were waiting for a messiah to lead them to defeat rome. the teaching of jesus states that it was not the will of God for the jews to defeat rome and thats why he quickly lost his ten thousand followers.
    Jesus understood (knew?) what was in store for Israel if they continued in their rebellious ways and He whole message that the Kingdom of God was here, it was amongst them in Him, was to make them understand that.
    They wanted freedom from Rome without freedom from sin.
    As the old saying goes, " free your mind and your ass will follow" and that is what Jesus wanted, to free them spiritually first.
    His prophecy of the destruction of the temple in the lifetime/generation of those hearing was a statement what what would happen.
    His death made even his followers, who didn't FULLY understand His eschatological teachings, doubt his messiahship.
    That changed with his resurrection of course.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !