Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The yik kam transform

WCK is a fighting art. That's the purpose, that's what it was desighed for. Health is an added bonus.-----------------

That is not the 1850 view.

The 1850 view is WCK is a fighting art support by specific body mind development.

The ancient Chinese called fighting as yoong or applications of the art. The body mind development as tee or body of the art.

The applications of the art and the body mind development is in separable.

As Leung jan of gulau said. Power is from neigong. A big part of YKT is neigong.

If YKT as you approach it is correct (I am neutral on this, I am not in a position to say it is or it is not), then whoever practice this method SHOULD also be good fighters. -------------

Have a solid training and good fighter are different issue.

Good student from prestige engineering school is not default to be a good design engineer.

Then Hendrik, you should at least be a good enough fighter to cross hands with friendly challengers with different backgounds. -------

That is my personal private life , similar to anyone , which doesn't need to expose to the public.

In fact my late sifu Cho Hong Choi who was well known in kong sau in Penang Malaysia taught me.
    Kong sau is a personal private thing, it is non of others business. You win you lost, keep you mouth shut and keep training. Your ability is not a public shows business.

I do agree that people should meet Hendrik and decide for themselves, before making their minds up. ------

I shared openly but it is up to others to take it or leave it. That is thier freedom.

But I do advice that WCK is a practical fighting art; so one should strip away all the distractions and assess the YKT method from a practical point of view, instead of focusing on waving hands over each other for health and well-being. -------

That view is not applicable to YKT.

YKT is based on Wing Chun 1850, And chinese internal martil art tradition, it balancely present the body of the art and the applications of the art in a five layers catagorization to clearly present the big picture and details.

A racing car is designed for racing; while it can take little old ladies to the local corner store, it is not what it is made for.------------

YKT is the ancient Chinese wing Chun 1850 present in modern language on build and maintain the race car engine and race with that specific type of engine. It is the Chinese Confusian tradition to practice humbleness and humanity on top of capability.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-13-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    John,

What is practical?

is teaching people how to stand in the toes in stance and screw up their knees practical?

is citing all kind of TCM Qi and medirians and pressure points theory but can not even accumulate the Qi in dan dien as basic practical?
    What I write about I can physically demonstrate. That's practical.

I openly invite people to cross hands with me (as friendly exchange). That's practical.

My YJKYM does not screw up my knees. That's practical.

I can show anyone how to use those Qi meridians and pressure points in fighting and in generating power. That's practical.

True, ocassionally I write about things beyond what I can do; I label them as "theoretical".

I wouldn't claim what I cannot do as golden truth beacuse that not practical.

If you say you know how to build a car, then you should build the car and demonstrate how powerful it is, even if it is a prototype. You can't just expect people to invest time and effort to build something with your method and see for yourself. As an engineer, you should know. But this is exactly what you are doing.

Call me practical; but I wouldn't spend money (effort) buying a car until I test drive a demo model.

All the teachers I have respect for, are the ones who had cross hands with me and demonstrated real skills. Leung Wun Zi, Wei Shu Ren, Wan Kam Leung, late WSL, TST, Tian Ke Yan, to name a few. I had also met numerous supposedly top masters whose claims are bigger than their ability.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Hendrik, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against your methods; as I mentioned before, it is great that you are sharing your knowledge, and that you are passionate about it. The only problem is that you are implying how good they are yet I haven't seen anyone developing great fighting skills with the YKT. After all, WCK IS a fighting art, isn't it?
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

....The 1850 view is WCK is a fighting art support by specific body mind development.

..... "Then Hendrik, you should at least be a good enough fighter to cross hands with friendly challengers with different backgounds. -------"

That is my personal private life , similar to anyone , which doesn't need to expose to the public.
    Bingo. WCK IS a fighting art.

While I respect your privacy, your inaction is not helping.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    What I write about I can physically demonstrate. That's practical.

I openly invite people to cross hands with me (as friendly exchange). That's practical.

My YJKYM does not screw up my knees. That's practical.

I can show anyone how to use those Qi meridians and pressure points in fighting and in generating power. That's practical.

True, ocassionally I write about things beyond what I can do; I label them as "theoretical".

I wouldn't claim what I cannot do as golden truth beacuse that not practical.

If you say you know how to build a car, then you should build the car and demonstrate how powerful it is, even if it is a prototype. You can't just expect people to invest time and effort to build something with your method and see for yourself. As an engineer, you should know. But this is exactly what you are doing.

Call me practical; but I wouldn't spend money (effort) buying a car until I test drive a demo model.

All the teachers I have respect for, are the ones who had cross hands with me and demonstrated real skills. Leung Wun Zi, Wei Shu Ren, Wan Kam Leung, late WSL, TST, Tian Ke Yan, to name a few. I had also met numerous supposedly top masters whose claims are bigger than their ability.

That is great and respectable.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-14-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Bingo. WCK IS a fighting art.

While I respect your privacy, your inaction is not helping.

I am not the indicator of YKT and don't have to.

Yik kam of red boat and the four generations of traceable Cho Family fighters in 120 years period of time have already tell thier story.

They have done thier job
    and my interest is to contribute to sharing, peace , humanity , and education which is as important as if not more important then fighting in this era of peace and high tech.

There is not only one path or one way to make positive contribution to WCK in this modern high civilized era. And my path is not fighting.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-14-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Hendrik, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against your methods; as I mentioned before, it is great that you are sharing your knowledge, and that you are passionate about it. The only problem is that you are implying how good they are yet I haven't seen anyone developing great fighting skills with the YKT. After all, WCK IS a fighting art, isn't it?

John,

My suggestion is , you might want to read the thread from the begining so that you can get a better view on what I am presenting.

And also you might want to ask those who has practice it what improvement happen in thier skill.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-14-2012 at 01:15 AM.

And also you might want to ask those who has practice it what improvement In thier Skill they get .
    Ok, you agree WCK is a fighting art in previous posts.

And I gather that you practice YKT.

Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Ok, you agree WCK is a fighting art in previous posts.

And I gather that you practice YKT.

You seem to missed this part from the first post.

5. The force vector, momentum types, and basic core martial application tactic characteristic layer.

This layer describes power generation, force balancing, momentum , and basic core martial application tactic characteristic for Wing Chun Kuen and the keys for handling them. Each details are defined and experienced.

For example :

the different between body type of power generation and force line type of power generation which always involve returning part of the force vector circuit. The consideration of recycle of momentum. The different between Pulse power and thrust power.

Layer 5 is the layer which makes the art a martial art while all other layer are a support to the 5th layer.

These five layers catagorization is an attemp to describe what existed in 1850 era Wing Chun Kuen in a modern day language, to aid a better understanding of the ancient art which was presented in a classical Chinese culture view. And to bring out the details involved in that era.

If you say you know how to build a car, then you should build the car and demonstrate how powerful it is, even if it is a prototype.

You can't just expect people to invest time and effort to build something with your method and see for yourself.

As an engineer, you should know. But this is exactly what you are doing. -----------

I wish i am Mr. Rock, of the fantasy island , to every visitors of the island, not only I grant them thier wish also I give them more for the peace of them and the world.

Will that happen in reality?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-14-2012 at 01:35 AM.

You seem to missed this part from the first post.

5. The force vector, momentum types, and basic core martial application tactic characteristic layer.
    Nope. I didn't.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Nope. I didn't.
    Layer 5 is the layer which makes the art a martial art while all other layer are a support to the 5th layer.

These five layers catagorization is an attemp to describe what existed in 1850 era Wing Chun Kuen in a modern day language, to aid a better understanding of the ancient art which was presented in a classical Chinese culture view. And to bring out the details involved in that era.

If you say you know how to build a car, then you should build the car and demonstrate how powerful it is, even if it is a prototype.

You can't just expect people to invest time and effort to build something with your method and see for yourself.

As an engineer, you should know. But this is exactly what you are doing. -----------

I wish i am Mr. Rock, of the fantasy island , to every visitors of the island, not only I grant them thier wish also I give them more for the peace of them and the world.

Will that happen in reality?
    I have said what I have to say. The debate is going in a circle. Let's say, we agree to disagree. But I respect your POV.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    It's better

- to say what you can prove.
    - not to say what you can't prove.

People do want to see some prove if you make any serious statement.
    YouKnowWho, you are being too practical here

Wouldn't the world be a better place if we can all "claim" without needing to "prove"? hahahahaha
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

I have said what I have to say. The debate is going in a circle. Let's say, we agree to disagree. But I respect your POV.
    Youre nicer than me John