Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The yik kam transform

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    So, the above physical layer basic is extremely critical.
    One needs to identify it, develop it before get to the next step. In another word, one needs to aware of ones basic physical state.

The next is the second item of the physical layer. The six bows.

The six bows can be activated only after one aware of ones natural physical state and then investigate each bow individually then after that all bows together.

These are a sample of basic of the physical layer handling and it's sequence on how things procced.

It is only after handling these stuffs, the slt can be practiced effectively.
    Thnx Hendrik...
    Hope we are going through complete YKT...

Jox,

Let's talk about the basic of the basic in the physical layer.

One needs only to handle three areas to have a nature equal shoulder stance or yjkym.

1. The degree of knee bending handle the "weight" .

A slight bend of knees makes one feel like effortless levitate. Chest , shoulder , hip joints balance and loose up naturally.

In contrary, A straight knees cause tense and effort in chest, and feel top heavy and bottom of the body light. An over bend knees cause tense in hip joints and feel heavily root. Both of these are imbalance .

So, when I says levitate. I mean levitate feeling. One can get there via knees adjustment.

2. A loose lower back ming men area or behind the navel cause the upper and lower body to integrate into one piece, natural lower abs breathing, and open the whole body qi flow. Ming men means the gate of life. One needs to open this area up for a full body development.

Spine, Tail bone...ect comes nature only after this part is handle. Lower abs loose and relax naturally with ease. Lower abs breathing naturally surface. Qi development can be activate.

3. A nature flat back of the neck align the head, upper body, and the flow of ren du medirians. Place your hand on the back of the neck. Look about 60 degree downward with ease. You hand will feel The back of the neck is naturally flat instead of concave or convex.

4. Keep doing adjustment with The above three points to attain the best loose, nature, and ease or effortless as one can. And leave the body effortlessly stay that way.

One will get better and better the more one practice while one progress.

5. when the body is loose and feel levitate naturally, the mind will quite down. The lower abs breathing will naturally form, qi flow must surface.

That is the sequence of how a beginner is lead into experience the first four layers of the yik km transform in a static mode.

6. The development of Jin or power and qi cannot exist if the above three areas are not handle natural properly .

7. Those are the basic of the basic of yjkym. It is natural instead of trying to force anything of the body with mind and having a stress mind. It is about get the best natural to prepar for next step. The mobility and dynamic structure and power generation or flow.

8. In the kuen kuit of yik kam says accumulate qi in Dan Tien.
    That accumulate qi in Dan Tien or shink qi in Dan Tien , is an outcome based on the result of let the physical body , mind, lower abs breathing settle as above. And not any type of tensing manipulation. One let go and let it be to naturally get there. One doesn't rely on control to get there.

9. If one learn WCK from yik kam on red boat 1850 that is very very very very likely how he will instruct.

These are just revealing the three basic keys of wing Chun 1850. Not any kind of research and infact no reserch is needed. Why make simple things complex?

10. So from the above you identify your physical body natural state and be able to get back to that state if needed. And keep within the boundary of this natural state in the practice to not go extreme and cause stuck or damage or long term tear and wear. Or in efficiency.

Ok. That's all. Simple right? One doesnt have to take a life time of guessing and wishing . It takes only one hour. If one know what is the keys and goes direct to it. Knows what to do, what to develop, what to expect, what result to get. It is a feedback learning system.

If one doesn't know these three areas one will not know how to develop yjkym of WCK. Further, it will be hopeless to develop siu Lin tau internal.

Try it yourself and see the result. Let the result speak for the technology. That is Wing Chun 1850.
    This is much clearer and can be followed easily, thanks for taking the time.

Can you do the same with the next stage?

Hendrik is quite clear on what he calls Stage 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Hendrik is quite clear on what he calls Stage 1.
    I'm hoping he will be as clear on stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    I'm hoping he will be as clear on stage 2

This is just a beginning part of the Physical Layer.

Please do not called in stage 1 or stage 2 so that others do not confuse it with layer.

Notice I do not used the term stage.

What it's called isn't really important to me but I'm happy to call it layer if you like. Are you happy to continue with the clear descriptions?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Interesting read, thanks Hendrik- your steps one through three are no different than the major parts of the physical fang fa I received from my first lesson by Master Wu (Wu Nan Fang Shifu) for basic standing skill (excluding a couple minor additions/variations including weight on bubbling spring, mouth closed firm (tongue slightly touch), eyes relax, etc.)

I would only criticize the way in which you said the part ' dropping sight to 60 degrees'. I believe you mean the straightening of the neck as if pulling the top of the neck (where spine meets cranium) up and back to straighten the spine- just to clarify the terminology.

Matt

Matt,

Good comments , Thanks!

The following are my response.

1, it is all about a natural position, so it is common for all internal art.

2, the key here is to expose the beginner with the minimum number of the dominate keys. so that the beginner can get into the ball park properly with ease. that is the reasons only three areas are focus at this point.

3, the dropping sight to about 60 degrees

or

look at the ground in front with the distance of one's height.
    ( IE a six foot person will look at the ground six to seven feet away. a five foot person will look at the ground five to six feet away.)

is to make sure the beginner does it right with ease to start with. ( that 60 degree is not fix , each individual align themself as needed to achieve a loose and with ease comfortable setting. loose, comfortable, with ease are the goal. )

most people, specially the beginner does not aware and will not be able to handle the neck , head, upper spine part of the body.

not to mention the mis handle of that part of the body will cause stress and all kind of issue even dizziness, or get the Qi stuck in the head, and mess up other parts of the body.

So, the instruction is just drop the sight to about that "60degree" reference, and find a loose, comfort, and natural position. That is a much easy, safe, and achive a good result without getting into too much details and forceful handling. and things always progress and get more and more natural. and finally, one just have to rest into nature and the physical align itself. that is the goal, let it be and it align itself without need to think.

how to get to the natural physical body state safe and with minimum consideration with ease naturally is the main consideration here. especially when no personal coaching around.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-13-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    What it's called isn't really important to me but I'm happy to call it layer if you like. Are you happy to continue with the clear descriptions?

it is very important for proper naming in the begining because each naming has a meaning behind it.
    otherwise at some points no one knows what others is talking about.

I am happy to share as soon as I have time.

at some point one needs some one who has experience to watch over to learn these stuffs. reading can be misleading. ask Navin who read my post for years, he will tell you his experience.

when one proceed into Physical Layer dynamic that is no easy to understand with words, not impossible, but that is not the way.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-13-2012 at 05:20 PM.

anyone who has tried these please share what is your experience and result.

can you feel what is expected? what is the different before and after you practice these..... ect.

i expect wcners to discuss their experience and the concept of levitation instead of rooting as most uses.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-13-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Hendrik,

Ok, lets talk physical level.

Why is the YJKYM has toes pointed in? Why does the Wudang Tai He clan adopt the same stance (pre WC)?

Do you know the relationship between YJKYM and the Yin Qiao Mai (channel) and the underlying function, the function of the Qicong Point, the biomechanical relationship between Qihai, Jianjing, Quci, Laogong, Zhongcong?

Your descrioption does NOT address the underlying principles. Since you are an engineer, even tho you may not want to overcomplicate your descriptions, I do not see your description paying attention to these fundamentals.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Hendrik,

Although I do not agree with, I respect your POV and methodology, and I appreciate your sharing.

But as an engineer, you must agree that a scientific model has to be tested before it can be fact.

Are you willing to put your methods to the test?
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    Hendrik,

Ok, lets talk physical level.

Why is the YJKYM has toes pointed in? Why does the Wudang Tai He clan adopt the same stance (pre WC)?

Do you know the relationship between YJKYM and the Yin Qiao Mai (channel) and the underlying function, the function of the Qicong Point, the biomechanical relationship between Qihai, Jianjing, Quci, Laogong, Zhongcong?

Your descrioption does NOT address the underlying principles. Since you are an engineer, even tho you may not want to overcomplicate your descriptions, I do not see your description paying attention to these fundamentals.

Great questions!

Why is YJKYM has toes pointed in " slightly"?

I cannot speak for Wudang Tai He clan because I am not a Wudang person but a decendent of Yik Kam and practice Yik Kam WCK.

So, Let's talk Yik Kam Wing Chun because Yik Kam transform is a modern presentation of Yik Kam Wing Chun 1850.

Solidly by evidence from the Yik Kam SLT Kuen Kuit of 1850 era, we know and we can trace one source of this Kuit kuit to Emei 12 Zhuang.

The attachment here is the full explaination of why is the toes pointed in " slightly", what medirians involve, and how weight distribute according to the Emei 12 Zhuang Classical writting of Song Dynasty which is more then 800 years ago. Now a part of the Lotus Cannon in Beijing Museum.

I welcome anyone who could translate this attachment so once and for all, tell the world why is it the toes pointed in "slightly" and what medirians are involved.

The person who does this explanation of Emei Classic in the attachement is GM Zhou Qian Chuan, one of the very famous Chinese Qigong master and scholar of early to mid 1900. GM Zhou was the Gate Keeper of the Emei 12 Zhuang system. the 12th Lineage Holder of Emei 12 Zhuang system.

http://www.emeiqigong.us/lineage/lin...ian-chuan.html

Again, YIK Kam Transform is not my invention.

it is a presentation of the Yik Kam WCK 1850 as it is according to Emei 12 Zhuang Classic with modern language.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-13-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    Hendrik,

Although I do not agree with, I respect your POV and methodology, and I appreciate your sharing.

But as an engineer, you must agree that a scientific model has to be tested before it can be fact.

Are you willing to put your methods to the test?

The emei 12 zhuang has been practiced and tested for at least past 800 years and today they are even in the USA.

http://www.emeiqigong.us/qigong-video.html

http://www.emeiqigong.us/lineage/lin...wei-zhong.html

The SLT Yik Kam has been there since early 1800 and atleast 200 years old now.

I am just doing a catagorization what is exist to make it easy for the 2010 people to understand.

I welcome any university take it and doing as much study as they like.

As in my post previously, my stand is, it doesnt matter if Yim Wing Chun is here, Yik Kam is here, the Top Best today's Chinese Internal martial art grand master is here, the Top Best today's chinese Qigong master is here, or the researchers in the western Unversity such as UCLA, Boston U, Penstate U. I will not change my words and open everything as it is for them to investigate.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-13-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Great questions!

Why is YJKYM has toes pointed in " slightly"?

I cannot speak for Wudang Tai He clan because I am not a Wudang person but a decendent of Yik Kam and practice Yik Kam WCK.

So, Let's talk Yik Kam Wing Chun because Yik Kam transform is a modern presentation of Yik Kam Wing Chun 1850.

Solidly by evidence from the Yik Kam SLT Kuen Kuit of 1850 era, we know and we can trace one source of this Kuit kuit to Emei 12 Zhuang.

The attachment here is the full explaination of why is the toes pointed in " slightly", what medirians involve, and how weight distribute according to the Emei 12 Zhuang Classical writting of Song Dynasty which is more then 800 years ago. Now a part of the Lotus Cannon in Beijing Museum.

I welcome anyone who could translate this attachment so once and for all, tell the world why is it the toes pointed in "slightly" and what medirians are involved.

The person who does this explanation of Emei Classic in the attachement is GM Zhou Qian Chuan, one of the very famous Chinese Qigong master and scholar of early to mid 1900. GM Zhou was the Gate Keeper of the Emei 12 Zhuang system. the 12th Lineage Holder of Emei 12 Zhuang system.

http://www.emeiqigong.us/lineage/lin...ian-chuan.html

Again, YIK Kam Transform is not my invention.

it is a presentation of the Yik Kam WCK 1850 as it is according to Emei 12 Zhuang Classic with modern language.
    Nope, this is NOT YJKYM. The explanation there implies the "toe in" so slight it is NOT the signature YJKYM. It talks about the difference between toes slightly in vs. toes opening outwards like a Chinese number "8".
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Any one who read the above attachment of Emei 12 Zhuang classic will notice one thing.

it involve Qi medirian and Weight destribution, physical body handling.

For a layman to just figure out what is what is already difficult. not to mention to really be able to handle each of them and the inter reaction of all these stuffs.

So, after 30+ years of looking at this. I catagorized them into the 5 layers. that way one can seperate and conquer. even if one doesnt get to deep level, one will still know the big picture and not lost.

Compare with reading all kind of chinese term and theory , but can never even experience the minimum, not knowing what the heck it is about but words. That type of chinese term learning is just a waste of life. I went throught that so I know.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-13-2012 at 07:40 PM.