Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: TUF Season 4 question

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    "The" art? Which art? Which school from which art?
    Pick one, there are 400 styles.

Generalizations don't help. Blankets are for going to bed, not for statements.

Every style will have its good and crappy players. Thats a given.

I was properly trained. I did everything. I fought like there was no tomorrow. My school didn't fail me. Maybe somebody else's school failed them, and thats unfortunate. But I'm not going to pay for it.

Actually, it was general because I replied to a general comment. Doesn't matter which of the 400 styles, pick one. if the style in question doesn't offer proper training for a venue it's students compete it, then that is one of the styles I'm referring to.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    Capoeira might as well be in the Wu Shu category or should I say break dancing. Kyokushin you can't punch in the face but are incourage to throw those useless kicks to the face that you guys mentioned. Tae kwon do can you say point fighting and you are implying that Kung Fu doens't get you in shape and that we don't compete

1. I'm not talking about what you do or don't like about the style. I'm talking about how these styles prepare their students for the venues they compete in.

2. you seem to know jack about capoeira.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    1. I'm not talking about what you do or don't like about the style. I'm talking about how these styles prepare their students for the venues they compete in.

2. you seem to know jack about capoeira.
    Actualy seven star I have a lot of experience in Capoeira my friend I grew up in the projects and I new a lot of off the boat brazilians so shut your young stupid over opinionated face up.

I'm your elder and you should have some respect when it comes to my experience kid.

What ever you just like the styles the you are doing, Youre what we call in the buisness a Jhony come lately.

You realy should have more respect little boy, unfortunatly your cup is full ( full of Sh!t) so please stop spuing you youthfull know it all garbage.

Welll, fellow CMAers, we can see clearly what certain people are here for....

...Just to make Kung fu in all its variations second tier to whatever krotty jockey BS they do.

We have Knife who is a perpetual mockery machine spouting out assumptions(in an almost Tourettesian sort of way) that make the more experienced here do a double take and say "nuh uhhh, thats not how it goes. " or " what orifice did you pull out that movie quote from?" or "has this guy bothered to actually spend more than 5 minutes looking at a class?"

We have sevenstar here who basically confirms that he thinks all kung fu in its many variations can't be used in competition so therefore none of it works. Both assumptions being wrong. You can make it work in competition.
    And he's a moderator of a CMA forum? That makes NO sense.
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 10-21-2006 at 09:58 PM.

I agree with you Sifu able, As I have said before I think Seven star is Knife Fighter or at least his side kick.

The only reason I spend time debating with these guys is because I know there are a lot of impressional kids that buy all this MMA UFC crap.

It's bad enough That Kung Fu represents a half percent of the MA that is out there,,,, Traditional MA is just about to reach extinction because of guys like them.

They can't understand that CMA is an art that offers empowerment, and culture. It teaches people to function on a higher plain. Instead these bozos tear CMA into peices.

None of there statements are ever backed up with any true factual info, and now Mr. seven has gone as far as to state that Brake dancing is a better physical activity.

Looks like we have another boxer rebellion brewing here guys. Get out the muskets and pig oil!

strike!

The only reason I spend time debating with these guys is because I know there are a lot of impressional kids that buy all this MMA UFC crap.

.............meaning?

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    .............meaning?
    I don't feel like rehashing the subject, I've already spoke about it at the begining of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    .............meaning?
    He elaborated right below the part of his post you quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud
    It's bad enough That Kung Fu represents a half percent of the MA that is out there,,,, Traditional MA is just about to reach extinction because of guys like them.

They can't understand that CMA is an art that offers empowerment, and culture. It teaches people to function on a higher plain. Instead these bozos tear CMA into peices.

None of there statements are ever backed up with any true factual info, and now Mr. seven has gone as far as to state that Brake dancing is a better physical activity.
    If you are asking what he meant by "MMA UFC crap", I believe he is talking about the kind of stuff you see Knifefighter posting. You know, the usual lines. "MMA is the ultimate. It is the highest evolution of combat." "Traditional martial arts are all about forms and looking pretty. None of of it works." "Only stuff that works in the ring will work in real life." I can go on and on.

So, I trust the opposite extreme is also rejected?

Quote Originally Posted by yenhoi View Post
    Looks like we have another boxer rebellion brewing here guys. Get out the muskets and pig oil!

Wrong turf war. You read too much bullsdhido.

I agree with you Sifu able, As I have said before I think Seven star is Knife Fighter or at least his side kick.
    LOL @ Seven & me being the same person. You probably couldn't have two more opposites.

It's bad enough That Kung Fu represents a half percent of the MA that is out there,,,, Traditional MA is just about to reach extinction because of guys like them..
    No it isn't... there will always be people who want shortcuts and magic without having to do the real work and pay the price for becomming good.

Instead these bozos tear CMA into peices..
    Of course we tear it to pieces... with the comments that most of the yahoos make about things like fat grabbing, finger breaking and the UFC specifically determining rules to exclude kung fu, how can we not?

It teaches people to function on a higher plain.

You realy should have more respect little boy, unfortunatly your cup is full ( full of Sh!t) so please stop spuing you youthfull know it all garbage.
    Yeah, you are quite the example of functioning on a higher plain.

Actually, break dancing is probably on par with many types of KF training.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 10-22-2006 at 10:28 AM.

Yeah, breakdancing is you secret weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post

Of course we tear it to pieces...
    Knifefighter, why are you here on a kung fu forum?

"Of course we tear it to pieces... with the comments that most of the yahoos make about things like fat grabbing, finger breaking and the UFC specifically determining rules to exclude kung fu, how can we not?"

Whats funny is that most of us "yahoos" aren't actually making comments outside of the context of the conversation. You , however, take bits and pieces of things to spin them in widley odd directions and make them out to mean something else. Usually with a taste of an absolute or some blanket statement.

Somebody mentions a different technique and you make it out to be the only thing we do. Clawing flesh as part of a lock turns to "pinching " or "fat grabbing". SJM is mostly Small circle ju jutsu. Basically anything outside your paradigm is heretical. Because anything outside you paradigm would violate your sense of superiority(complex). And no, beginner students at your local KF schools don't count as experience.

Hint: whatever you think KF is add a factor of 100 and know that your opinions are based on you dwelling at the bottom of the barrel.

From your pictures you look like you should be wearing a big pointy hood. Or better yet you look like one of those lame para military cop freaks. You probably carry an honorary police badge with you where ever you go.
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 10-22-2006 at 10:42 AM.