Thread: Gatka - Martial art of Sikhs

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Agreed.
    Sikh's are a very militant bunch, that's for sure.
    Yeah, well, when we look at how they are treated in India and the history of how they have been under constant attack since their religions inception, then it is easy to see what's up with all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Not too mention the bloody stupid things said in the punjabi newspapers about martyrs, guru's favourites, etc etc. Big stink about one of the writers that was or is employed by one of the big 2 punjabi papers in your town.

The more integration we get in this country, the more we get to see how each cultures thought processes carry burdens of error that are magnificent in some cases! Even our own culture does this, but, you can't touch your nose to your elbow is how it goes.

Anyway, here nor there. I thought this was all too similar a method of practice as what one would find in tma of all sorts but in particular of the chinese varieties which is indicative of the cross cultural back and forth over centuries and millenia.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

Anyway, here nor there. I thought this was all too similar a method of practice as what one would find in tma of all sorts but in particular of the chinese varieties which is indicative of the cross cultural back and forth over centuries and millenia.
    I think that every MA has far more in common than dissimilar.
    People just tend to point out the differences, typically because they want to believe they are doing something/are part of something unique.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I think that every MA has far more in common than dissimilar.
    People just tend to point out the differences, typically because they want to believe they are doing something/are part of something unique.
    I agree.

Martial Arts is presented in ludicrous degrees of complexity.
    And then when you ask anyone who actually has put their time in and given/taken with them...they will invariably state it's the basics that work and that will be the bread and butter of your efforts when your martial art has to be used for realz.

edumication is where it at.
    Kung Fu is good for you.