Thread: Sept/Oct 2009 Issue

Hybrid View

my copy came today with gene's media kit... i really have to work on a camera pose... LOL... i remind myself of an opossum caught in some headlights.

picture

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    my copy came today with gene's media kit... i really have to work on a camera pose... LOL... i remind myself of an opossum caught in some headlights.
    Ahhhh, uki...

You notice I refrained from saying that here???? And, there were photos of a few others as well.....

You won't find my photo anywhere....
    .... Skip

Quote Originally Posted by Skip J. View Post
    Ahhhh, uki... You notice I refrained from saying that here????
    you don't have to do me any favors, i'm a tough guy that take the criticism all in stride... but on the note of being humble, you have been noticed.
    You won't find my photo anywhere....
    is this because no one takes your picture? LOL

my picture

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    you don't have to do me any favors, i'm a tough guy that take the criticism all in stride... but on the note of being humble, you have been noticed.
    is this because no one takes your picture? LOL
    Yesssss, how astute of you to notice... congrats!

In group photos I find a spot in the rear .... and avoid individual photos altogether. My Mom took a photo of me after the last Legacy a few years back, but she never scanned it in and posted it anywhere on the 'net. Of course, my camera is always in my hands and pointed away from me.

Besides, at my age, who else would want a photo but Mom?????
    .... Skip

i hope i get my copy today

there are a couple pictures of me as an adult in existance, but only a couple. like you skip, i am camera wary.

**** things trying to steal my soul, i swear it!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    there are a couple pictures of me as an adult in existance, but only a couple. like you skip, i am camera wary.
    i know where there is a picture of you!!
    only immature souls can be stolen.

other photos

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i hope i get my copy today

Hey Lucas;

Actually, there are pics of quite a few of the guys here, Gene really got carried away..

Yes.... I hate photography, but I like things done right in general, and that is so easy to goof up. Besides, if I volunteer to take pics, everybody just fades to the rear; nobody wants to take pics - except real photographers....

Very few folks who know me think I really have a soul anyway... if they only knew...

By the way, the mountain running article is really cool! But it's flat as a pancake a hundred miles in any direction from my house. My wife and I go up to Huntsville during cooler weather to walk the trails and we both enjoy the up'n down - walking pavement is sooo boring...
    .... Skip

Quote Originally Posted by Skip J. View Post
    By the way, the mountain running article is really cool! But it's flat as a pancake a hundred miles in any direction from my house. My wife and I go up to Huntsville during cooler weather to walk the trails and we both enjoy the up'n down - walking pavement is sooo boring...
    45 minutes from my house is a state park called "hickory run" - it is a really large flat and level boulder field(two of them actually) where one can enjoy the wonderous provisions of nature in complimenting your practice... it's an awesome spot to practice running - the route is plotted out one step at a time, several steps ahead of time... it's great fun and a killer adjective to any practice.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...ickoryrun.aspx