Thread: The Thread that Gus (Green Clowd) started and deleted about me

Hybrid View

In his defense, a good children's program can really help keep the doors open and pay for a nicer facility, training equipment, etc. for the more serious students. And maybe a couple of the kids will stick around for the long haul becoming pretty darn skilled themselves. Kids and parents love things like "little ninjas", "little dragons", etc.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
    In his defense, a good children's program can really help keep the doors open and pay for a nicer facility, training equipment, etc. for the more serious students. And maybe a couple of the kids will stick around for the long haul becoming pretty darn skilled themselves. Kids and parents love things like "little ninjas", "little dragons", etc.
    Exactly. Good marketing and choosing the right names for programs is imporant for kids. I've gotten a few teenagers (13-15) that started in those very programs with me when they were 5, 6, 8 and are awesome. Now they are in adult classes and they are tough! ridiculous kicks, punches and endurance. They will be awesome practioners in their late teens and twenties.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    Exactly. Good marketing and choosing the right names for programs is imporant for kids. I've gotten a few teenagers (13-15) that started in those very programs with me when they were 5, 6, 8 and are awesome. Now they are in adult classes and they are tough! ridiculous kicks, punches and endurance. They will be awesome practioners in their late teens and twenties.
    eh....I guess if it works... who am I to judge?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

From what I've seen of the kid programs is that they become very successful and many school owners focus more and more on them at the expense of the adult programs.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quite correct, no one is a fighter at that age ( outside of thailand ), but when they get to the right age, the skills are so engrained that usually they end up being great fighters if they choose that path.
    Though in all honesty, those that do are far and few between, as was always the case.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !