Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: TUF Season 4 question

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    You will back down... I guarantee it.
    You will find some kind of lame-a$$ excuse.
    Your kind always does.
    No I garantee that dave will just try to ignore the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
    If you watch cage matches, 90% can't really punch and kick well. yes, they are big, strong and fast, but they can't stand-up fight. It is a lot of garbage street boxing and half-ass kick boxing.
    Watch guys who spend all their time doing forms. 100% of them have no clue how to fight. Everything from their forms goes right out the window as soon as the real contact begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    No I garantee that dave will just try to ignore the challenge.
    I'm betting he will be here offering you to come on down.
    Would you go to his school to fight him?

Competitions teach and give one the experience of continuing on even when you feel like quiting and when the other guy is beating the crap out of you... those are things that don't terminate with the end of the career.

ok, in some cases I suppose that would be true. fighting spirit.

There are myriad examples of guys gassing and getting pwned and letting it all fall out there ass though. i mean a visit to youtube will show us that lickity split. What about those guys then? anything in the footlocker to buff them for next time?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'm betting he will be here offering you to come on down.
    Would you go to his school to fight him?
    Absolutely my friend, Im dead serious about this. It's different when I argue with someone that I don't know, but when it's someone that I know well that just gets personal.

I'm also sure with your great tools of instigation it will happen, I'm actualy impresses with how you were able to turn brothers against each other.

you must of read the art of war.
    Last edited by Green Cloud; 10-23-2006 at 08:11 PM. Reason: xxx

Watch guys who spend all their time doing forms. 100% of them have no clue how to fight. Everything from their forms goes right out the window as soon as the real contact begins.

I honestly can't think of a single school that only does forms. Where are you finding these places? lol

are you talking about competitive wushu? because that is the artistic expression side of tcma. does mma have an artistic expression side to it? or is it just compete until you can't, then shuffle off to buffalo? I'm not seeing the life reward in that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'm actualy impresses with how you were able to turn brothers against each other.
    Hahahaha!!!!

Looks like this will be the strategy.

You are very fast at starting to set up the backpedaling- I must give you that. Even I didn't think you would be this fast.

Absolutely my friend, Im dead serious about this. It's different when I argue with someone that I don't know, but when it's someone that I know well that just gets personal.

I'm also sure with your great tools of instigation it will happen, I'm actualy impresses with how you were able to turn brothers against each other.

you must of read the art of war.
    It's his only reason for being here GC. I think maybe he's not getting enough sex?

There's nothing that pleases him more than seeing you guys go at each other because of his assinine positions and goading. See him for what he is in context to this place and it all falls together quite rapidly.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Hahahaha!!!!

Looks like this will be the strategy.

You are very fast at starting to set up the backpedaling- I must give you that. Even I didn't think you would be this fast.
    I'm not backpedaling, I'm just relying on your relentless trolling skills to make sure that Ross won't back down.

just do what you do best and it will happen, unless you are afraid of the out come it sounds to me that youre backpedling for ross.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    There's nothing that pleases him more than seeing you guys go at each other because of his assinine positions and goading. See him for what he is in context to this place and it all falls together quite rapidly.
    And now the backpedaling by proxie.

The advanced stuff is coming out already.

This is really fast backpedaling- must be speed backpedaling.

And Ross hasn't even responded yet.

At this rate, he will back down before the challenged person even has a chance to respond.

just do what you do best and it will happen, unless you are afraid of the out come it sounds to me that youre backpedling for ross.
    Are you kidding?

It would be great to see your awesome skills in a real-time venue.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    It's his only reason for being here GC. I think maybe he's not getting enough sex?

well youre on the money about the sex thing, but this is about Ross using my Sifu's coat tails to try to make him self look good, but has sold out.

Are you kidding?

It would be great to see your awesome skills in a real-time venue.
    you will be the first to get a copy of the tape. I bet you fifty bucks that Dave will turn me down.

I am not saying only practice forms. I feel that 99% of the teacher out there do not and/or cannot teach the usage of forms. I can see that you have no idea of what forms are. The punches and kicks used by both MMA and TMA are in forms. Forms are the encyclopedia of the techniques. When you see a MMAist shadow boxing a three piece combo. That is a form. It is a very short form. It is a collection of technique that that fighter uses. Jab jab hook is a form. It is an easier form to learn and memorize then the long forms done in TMA. However, they are basically the same. The low kick, enter, straight, hook form is easy to understand and is easy to do.

The problem comes when TMA teacher get too into the forms. The forms themselves become the focus. The teacher has an ideal look of a punch and a kick, and forgets (often intentionally) the usage. What happens is the student thinks he mastered all of the punches, kicks, blocks and holds of a form just because it looks the way the teacher wants it to.

The idea of it taking years to master one form is true. This is not in the sense of a teacher moving a fist a half of a centimeter to the left. That is bull****. Mastering one kick takes a lot of time and practice. However, most people just practice a punch or a kick until they do basically do it or do it fast. They must master the usage too, but in most schools they do not.
    Last edited by Flying-Monkey; 10-23-2006 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    A lot of people here could use a basic lesson in logic

Mary is a school teacher, Mary is a woman, Mary is from Michigan, All school teachers must have a degree, which of the following must be true?

1. All school teachers are women
    2. All school teachers are from Michigan
    3. Mary must have a degree

Now, here's a slightly harder one.... SIfu Abel can fight, he has trained forms, he has done sparring and focus mitts, which of the following must be true?

1. Forms are responsible for his fighting
    2. Sparring and focus mitts are responsible for his fighting, while forms have no relationship to his fighting

Discuss
    niether is definetely true. You can also say that sparring and Forms and Focus Mitts are responsible for his fighting.

How about this:

If you train forms, your balence will improve.
    If your balance improves, your fighting ablility will improve.

Which is true?

a. If you train forms then your fighting will not improve
    b. If you train forms then your fighting will improve

By the transitive property b. is true.

a-->b
    b-->c
    thereofre
    a-->c