Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The yik kam transform

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    I’m done and will move on unless you don’t want me to, ‘Hendrik’.

Don’t let him drag you into his mess,

I have nothing to hide.

everything I present is open under the sun.

Even if Yim Wing Chun, or Wong wah Po or Yik Kam himself is here I will still say the same thing.

And YOU help us all understand what Hendrik's teaching is all about
    OK, I posted clarification questions to Hendrik..

Hendrik,

I wouldn’t answer that post if I were you. He picks the fight with me and wants you to help HIM out, I know your POV.

I was asking in that post to help us all out at your request and not solely to "help [MYSELF] out". Further, I'm not interested in these shifting intention you are showing as much as what you constructively have to offer.

To clarify again my POV, Hendrik was not trying to brainwash any of us and he did not even tell us we must practice his five layers. You are so free, you can get on a plane and go to Antarctica and it has nothing to do with it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    I have nothing to hide.

everything I present is open under the sun.

Even if Yim Wing Chun, or Wong wah Po or Yik Kam himself is here I will still say the same thing.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeh, and if Napoleon Boneparte was here id tell him how to wage battles...... oh thats not going to happen is it

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    People like me can

- bring others from the fantasy world back into the real word.
    - balance the discussion between "spiritual" and "combat".

As long as Hendrik can include "opponent (or dummy)" in his discussion, I would love to discuss "theory" with him. Only discussing "solo" training" without any reference to "opponent(or dummy)" is not TCMA.

TCMA cannot be trained "solo".
    Hi YouKnowWho,

from my experience, it is difficult to define the "real world" and less useful to imply someone is ridiculous or outside of that real world. Not saying you remind me of Chinese media, but they say things like "This person is lying, wolf in sheeps clothes, etc" about religious groups, intelligent individuals, activist dalai lama, etc and it doesn't do constructive justice when compared to specifically discussing or discrediting the topic at hand.

Every single condition in "combat" "fighting" "real fighting", etc are always different- and more difficult to define and discuss only on a forum- do you agree?

I mean, we are in a thread about a teaching methodology developed by Hendrik. I see your point about things being practical in the 'real world'- but in fairness, we're in a typeset discussion with no feeling, body language, etc

so isn't it best to leave that for in-person anyway and save the forum space and your own training time if posts don't relate?

I think I missed the spiritual part here?

I still standby my last post strongly that "spiritual" practices like meditation are finding their home in modern MMA school curriculum with good reason. IMHO because people were neglecting their mind. IF you are using a western newage definition of spiritual- that can go a whole other direction too...

Could you show me where you think this Yik Kam 5 layers or anything said here is too spiritual, and what you define as spiritual as it relates?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    People like me can

- bring others from the fantasy world back into the real word.
    - balance the discussion between "spiritual" and "combat".

As long as Hendrik can include "opponent (or dummy)" in his discussion, I would love to discuss "theory" with him. Only discussing "solo" training" without any reference to "opponent(or dummy)" is not TCMA.

TCMA cannot be trained "solo".

Also I think it is counter to the definition of training to think TCMA cannot be practiced Solo. Even boxers hit a punching bag, shadow box, etc. Also- like I mentioned about MMA schools adding the "solo" practice of meditation to improve their results. Solo training has been one of the most important parts of my experience- and I think you'll find it is not always possible to find people to work with.

I get home from working and maybe have another meeting for work in a couple hours. Zhan Zhuang/Zhuang Gong/Xu Zhuang standing exercises are usually the best solo-practice I Can do to reset any tensions/disconnects with my body the day has brought. Obviously being relaxed, and having a connection to the body is the utmost importance in being an effective "real world fighter"- it is just there are levels of this, it is not like an engine you simply turn on "RELAXED and CONNECTED" it builds through solo practice..

Same engine but different body

physical body is physical body, the particular way of handling it is the technology.
    Tech + Mind+ Body = Metaphysical: need the mind to move the body no way around it (Chi Kung).

to have a technology transfer, one needs to have those type of systematic well define details. also, it comes with calibration to make sure it is within range.
    Metaphysical/Psychophysical/Energetically/Embryological

The branch of psychology that deals with the relationships between physical stimuli and resulting sensations and mental states and with the possessing or exhibiting energy, especially in abundance; vigorous: an energetic leader. While using the science dealing with: formation, development, structure, and functional activities.

“Heaven and Earth”

I think John's real world means sport fighting tournaments that are clearly not real street, but a rule set environment that dictates skill sets by rule sets.

The rule sets usually favor a strength and power, but I can see much improvement in skills being used as time goes on, probably from as someone said before, they are using meditation in MMA training.

Cheers

Just for those who is interested. not for everyone because it might not be that readable.

For those who know some engineering.

why am I coin the five layers as five layers?
    because I am a system design engineer and working on artificial intelligent system.

So, the five layers can be view as the layers in the artificial neural network ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neural_network) of the artificial intelligent system or Robot as the following:

each layer has its rule to govern the layer.
    IE, the physical has its natural law, momentum has its natural law....etc

after one get all these layer clear and present.

Everytime one practice a set, for example Chum Kiu. the neuron network is actually learning it via programing each of the layer. and the outcome is the system soon will have the Chum Kiu intelligent which be able to identify and execute as needed.

and, when something doesnt run smooth. the system will check for the discontinouity of the programing process and fix it, if that doesnt not solve the issue, it will goes into each layer to check out issue and fix it.

in a layman term, when one practice Chum kil, each layer is getting use to or being program by the Chum kil "program". when something doesnt run smooth, the continuity of the program is checked and fixed. if that doesnt solve the issue one goes down or zoom into each layer to see if the rule gorven that layer is violated and then fixed it.

Compare with a system which has no clear identify layer with rules, do not have a well calibrate layer, which goes with a slogan of " keep doing it you will know." this type of learning will be much faster , effective, and accurate.

Thus, is it a Jedi's training via the transform or a Darth Vaders' cloning. either way. IMHO, that is the secret of why WCK can be learn very fast in 1850 to against advance fighter of other type. remember the legend?

thus, I suggest to put a limit on the layer five or the force vector, momentum, and WCK core tactic layer to those who love to fight to not promote destruction and missed used.

and IMHO, there is evidence that the ancestor has done that. they obsolete the weapon they use in 1850 and change it to the less destructive sun punch.

finally, some have ask me about how real is the legend of WCK in 1850. my answer to them is : as soon as it can be implemented with the 5 layers. it is real. one can bring that to this world.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-12-2012 at 04:54 PM.

enough of these stuffs. hahaha

entertainment time.

my favorite song. make it a Wing Chun 1850 song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibuYz...eature=related
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-13-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Compare with a system which has no clear identify layer with rules, do not have a well calibrate layer, which goes with a slogan of " keep doing it you will know." this type of learning will be much faster , effective, and accurate.

Thus, is it a Jedi's training via the transform or a Darth Vaders' cloning. either way. IMHO, that is the secret of why WCK can be learn very fast in 1850 to against advance fighter of other type. remember the legend?

thus, I suggest put a limit on the layer five or the force vector, momentum, and WCK core tactic layer to those who love to fight to not promote destruction and missed used.

finally, some have ask me about how real is the legend of WCK in 1850. my answer to them is : as soon as it can be implemented with the 5 layers. it is real. one can bring that to this world.
    This just doesn't make a comprehensible passage in English. Is there any way you can use less convoluted and more physical language?

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    This just doesn't make a comprehensible passage in English. Is there any way you can use less convoluted and more physical language?

forget about that post.

just focus on the first post.
    http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/show...12&postcount=1
    this post
    http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/show...8&postcount=61
    this post
    http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/show...9&postcount=97
    this post
    http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/show...&postcount=135

It is not easy to understand because it is a subject not common to most.

so ask questions, that way, Jim or Mike or Navin or anyone who knows the subject might explain better. since I am a visual person and english is my 234 language.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-12-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Let me makes it extremely simple for those I have lost you.

A, the five layers.

Say you are open a company named Wing Chun.
    within the company you have five division.

each division has its own way of operation, rules, and standard to meet.
    each division is related to other division.

when the company is running. all the five division is operating as individual and also synchronize and inter related to other division.

2, now replace the 5 division with the 5 layer.

3, now replace the way of operation, rules, and standard of each division to the details of each layer which I have posted.

4, now you see this "company called Wing Chun" and the details within it that you need to manage.

B. the Yik Kam transform

1, yik kam transform is the franchise package template to help you to build your "wing Chun company"

2, within the package template there are clear description and instruction of showing you how to build the five division.

3, within the package template it also come with a few working examples for you to test and calibrate each division and syncronize all division to make sure the company core operation is running properly and smoothly.

4, now replace that " a few working examples" to "a few exercises or drills" for you to test and calibrate each of the layers and syncronize all layers.

That is all. as simple as this.

C, learning the Yik Kam transform

When one is going through the Yik Kam Transform within 3 days or 24 hours with 8 hours each. one goes through all the layers in theory and then using the drills to experience and identify the details of the theory.

fourth days and as long as one live, one uses what was learn in the 3 days to fine tune and improve one's WCK.

the schedule sample is as:

on the first day the physical body, mind, and breathing layer is introduced.

the momentum and force vector layer is introduced the seconday day.

the Qi layer is introduced in the third day because by that time one has already has a basic handling of the physical, mind , and breathing layer. one can usually identify it.

yes, you can identify it with your Sam bai fut in your siu lin tao set.

It doesnt need a life time of practice or standing there like fool for hours and hours doing siu lin tao and hope the miracle happen somedays but never happen.

one needs to know it to develop it. it is not a wish but a development needs to by identify.

Can it be done in three days or a week end on something some one might never know for a life time?

yes. anyone who is serious to learn can do it.

it doesnt have to take years to figure out things but start with all bottom lines needs to be known and real life experience on the core elements. different people might have a different variation in the learning result due to different people has different background.

however, the direction and the boundary of the subject is clear to everyone. that is the most important thing because to have a proper direction even if one is a little slower, one always can reach the destination. however, if the direction is unknown then that is trouble.

D. So how much is the Yik Kam Transform package cost?

Nothing.

it is a WCK public properties belongs to the 1850 Wing Chun Red boat ancestors. not individual own.

There is no secret. You practice you have kung fu, I practice I have kung fu, everyone practice everyone has kung fu. not practice no kung fu. that simple.

E. Trash it.

after you know what you are doing. trash the Yik Kam Transform away. because you no longer needs boat after you cross the river.

it is fool to carry boat around like an antics.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-12-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Let's talk about the basic of the basic in the physical layer.

One needs only to handle three areas to have a nature equal shoulder stance or yjkym.

1. The degree of knee bending handle the "weight" .

A slight bend of knees makes one feel like effortless levitate. Chest , shoulder , hip joints balance and loose up naturally.

In contrary, A straight knees cause tense and effort in chest, and feel top heavy and bottom of the body light. An over bend knees cause tense in hip joints and feel heavily root. Both of these are imbalance .

So, when I says levitate. I mean levitate feeling. One can get there via knees adjustment.

2. A loose lower back ming men area or behind the navel cause the upper and lower body to integrate into one piece, natural lower abs breathing, and open the whole body qi flow. Ming men means the gate of life. One needs to open this area up for a full body development.

Spine, Tail bone...ect comes nature only after this part is handle. Lower abs loose and relax naturally with ease. Lower abs breathing naturally surface. Qi development can be activate.

3. A nature flat back of the neck align the head, upper body, and the flow of ren du medirians. Place your hand on the back of the neck. Look about 60 degree downward with ease. You hand will feel The back of the neck is naturally flat instead of concave or convex.

4. Keep doing adjustment with The above three points to attain the best loose, nature, and ease or effortless as one can. And leave the body effortlessly stay that way.

One will get better and better the more one practice while one progress.

5. when the body is loose and feel levitate naturally, the mind will quite down. The lower abs breathing will naturally form, qi flow must surface.

That is the sequence of how a beginner is lead into experience the first four layers of the yik km transform in a static mode.

6. The development of Jin or power and qi cannot exist if the above three areas are not handle natural properly .

7. Those are the basic of the basic of yjkym. It is natural instead of trying to force anything of the body with mind and having a stress mind. It is about get the best natural to prepar for next step. The mobility and dynamic structure and power generation or flow.

8. In the kuen kuit of yik kam says accumulate qi in Dan Tien.
    That accumulate qi in Dan Tien or shink qi in Dan Tien , is an outcome based on the result of let the physical body , mind, lower abs breathing settle as above. And not any type of tensing manipulation. One let go and let it be to naturally get there. One doesn't rely on control to get there.

9. If one learn WCK from yik kam on red boat 1850 that is very very very very likely how he will instruct.

These are just revealing the three basic keys of wing Chun 1850. Not any kind of research and infact no reserch is needed. Why make simple things complex?

10. So from the above you identify your physical body natural state and be able to get back to that state if needed. And keep within the boundary of this natural state in the practice to not go extreme and cause stuck or damage or long term tear and wear. Or in efficiency.

Ok. That's all. Simple right? One doesnt have to take a life time of guessing and wishing . It takes only one hour. If one know what is the keys and goes direct to it. Knows what to do, what to develop, what to expect, what result to get. It is a feedback learning system.

If one doesn't know these three areas one will not know how to develop yjkym of WCK. Further, it will be hopeless to develop siu Lin tau internal.

Try it yourself and see the result. Let the result speak for the technology. That is Wing Chun 1850.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-13-2012 at 08:54 AM.

So, the above physical layer basic is extremely critical.
    One needs to identify it, develop it before get to the next step. In another word, one needs to aware of ones basic physical state.

The next is the second item of the physical layer. The six bows.

The six bows can be activated only after one aware of ones natural physical state and then investigate each bow individually then after that all bows together.

These are a sample of basic of the physical layer handling and it's sequence on how things procced.

It is only after handling these stuffs, the slt can be practiced effectively.

So, the above physical layer basic is extremely critical.
    One needs to identify it, develop it before get to the next step. In another word, one needs to aware of ones basic physical state.

The next is the second item of the physical layer. The six bows.

The six bows can be activated only after one aware of ones natural physical state and then investigate each bow individually then after that all bows together.

These are a sample of basic of the physical layer handling and it's sequence on how things procced.

It is only after handling these stuffs, the slt can be practiced effectively.
    Interesting read, thanks Hendrik- your steps one through three are no different than the major parts of the physical fang fa I received from my first lesson by Master Wu (Wu Nan Fang Shifu) for basic standing skill (excluding a couple minor additions/variations including weight on bubbling spring, mouth closed firm (tongue slightly touch), eyes relax, etc.)

I would only criticize the way in which you said the part ' dropping sight to 60 degrees'. I believe you mean the straightening of the neck as if pulling the top of the neck (where spine meets cranium) up and back to straighten the spine- just to clarify the terminology.

Matt