Thread: new donnie yen flick-14 blades

Hybrid View

I feel ya, Lucas

Yen vs. Jaa would be the Godzilla vs. King Kong of kung fu cinema 2010.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

ya except we all know godzilla shoulda wtfpwnd kingkongs monkey ass

i hated that they were the same size....ya a stupid monkey beating freaking GODZILLA back into the sea. not likely

/endrant

haha

not many people have actually seen that old flick.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Yen vs. Jaa would be the Godzilla vs. King Kong of kung fu cinema 2010.
    I've been hoping for a Yen vs. Jaa movie for years. I'm not sure how the respective egos would allow it, but it would be the number one onscreen matchup. Or, in the least, have them fight to a draw, and eventually team up at the end (so neither one has to 'lose'). Problem is, then you'd have to bring in a villain, or a group of villains, that would be worthy of facing both Jaa and Yen. Maybe Kim Won-Jin? However it happens, they need to do it, and soon, before one or both are too old. A Jackie Chan/Jet Li showdown would have been so much better back in the '80s/early '90s than it was in Forbidden Kingdom.

Lucas:

I saw King Kong vs. Godzilla back in the early '70s. Even then, I thought the gorilla suit was probably the worst monster suit of all time. And they had to make King Kong bigger than the original; otherwise, Godzilla could've squashed him like a bug.