Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with sport fighting?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    you will have 10 chances (5 fingers x 2 eyes) that one of your fingers will hit on one of your opponent's eye..
    oops, didn't see that.
    We are of one mind!
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    my luck, I'd forget about it, and rub my eye while I'm driving...
    One day I'll tell you my Endorphin Rush hot sauce story....
    nope, it wasn't my eyes..
    The most powerful hot sauce on this planet is called "insanity". Onetime I had to lay down on the side of the street because I had too much.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-06-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    i did some county jail time and i was locked up with this filipino dude who had one long thumb nail...hard hard as a real nail. I saw him uppercut this one guy knocking him out but his thumb nail went right through the bottom of his chin and left this big gnarly gash ....a serious one man.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

The most powerful hot sauce on this planet is called "insanity". Onetime I had to lay down on the side of the street because I had too much.
    Dave's Insanity Sauce! I have that at home. I use a drop in my guacamole' and nobody wants it. It's too hot.
    More for me.
    There is something hotter, though. It's called "Pure Cap," and it's pure oleo capsiacin-500,000 scoviles. It comes in an eyedropper and has a waiver you sign. (probably just hype, but cool nonetheless) It's only good for smearing on yuor enemy's car door handle....
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

To use 2 fingers to poke on your opponent's eyes will need a lot of accuracy and courage. I don't know you will have the stomach to have 2 eye balls on your finger tips. However, when you move your hand across your opponent's eyes, you will have 10 chances (5 fingers x 2 eyes) that one of your fingers will hit on one of your opponent's eye. A finger across the eye ball may not cause too much damage but it will take your opponent's vision away temporary. That little advantage will be all you need to do what you need to do in street fight.
    i never mentioned poking the eyes i said eye strikes which can include anything from flicking past the eyes to poking them, to grabbing the head thrusting the thumb into the eye sockets and ramming your opponents head back into a wall (see us MMA guys do play around with the deadly stuff in the clinch from time to time)

I have a question how do you practise these moves so you know you can pull them off, i mean we have in built automatic defences when something comes towards the eye so what training do you do to make sure you can hit your opponents eyes in this way?

Blog Entries
    IMHO....eye strikes are only meant to create a moment to either run or launch a barrage of strikes. if you are facing off and try eye strikes then GOOD LUCK. but an eye strike if done fast enough can be the saving grace for a female in danger or a more non confrontational male. The eyes are pretty sensitive and if struck it will impair your ability to see allowing an opening for you to do SOMETHING...run or fight back.

People have been hit in the face and had an eyeball popped out. a thumb in the eye during a strike isn't always a lucky punch. if your hands can touch someones face, you can start jamming fingers in their eyes. you may not dig out an eyeball but the pressure of having it violently pushed in is pretty effective in creating an opening.

but eye strikes unless you stab him in it won't be an effective finishing strike.

On the other hand, not all fights outside the ring are against TRAINED FIGHTERS.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    i never mentioned poking the eyes i said eye strikes which can include anything from flicking past the eyes to poking them, to grabbing the head thrusting the thumb into the eye sockets and ramming your opponents head back into a wall (see us MMA guys do play around with the deadly stuff in the clinch from time to time)

I have a question how do you practise these moves so you know you can pull them off, i mean we have in built automatic defences when something comes towards the eye so what training do you do to make sure you can hit your opponents eyes in this way?
    luckily, the Godz in their infinite wisdom have designed the human body to be disabled.
    Eyes are only protected by a paper thin membrane, and are recessed in sockets, which act like a funnel, directing your finger into hem. In case you are slightly off-target, the nose guides you right back.
    The throat is 3/4 exposed, the trachea being cartilige, and the vagus nerves, and carotid exposed. The back of the neck has the stem of the brain, base of skull, all good.
    Turn your back on a fighter, and you are playing into his hands.
    You are not a turtle.
    The base of the skull, as mentioned before is prime target area.
    The spine is completely exposed.(ever see someone bend over at the beach? (calm down..)you can count the vertebrea. Kidney, spleen, coccyx etc.
    The testicles hang down between the legs-God forbid we get to have a skull there, right? And again, the legs guide your foot there if you happen to be slightly off target.
    Last edited by TenTigers; 11-08-2010 at 01:01 PM.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    if your hands can touch someones face, you can start jamming fingers in their eyes. you may not dig out an eyeball but the pressure of having it violently pushed in is pretty effective in creating an opening.
    grabbing the head and ripping at anything and everything is dibilitating.
    I don't know if any of you recall "The shredder" dvd that was out awhile back. Pretty interesting. You could swear he studied Hung Kuen.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Blog Entries
    I don't know if any of you recall "The shredder" dvd that was out awhile back. Pretty interesting. You could swear he studied Hung Kuen.
    why it got to be hung kuen? why can't it be Hung Sing Kuen? we're known for our dibilitating fu jows hehehehe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    what training do you do to make sure you can hit your opponents eyes in this way?
    It doesn't matter that you can hit your opponent's eyes or not. It's "entering strategy". The moment that your opponent worries about his eyes, you have put him in defense mode and forget to attack you. This way you can close distance safely and do whatever that you want to do. That's your main goal - safe entering.

The easiest way is train this is just to attach a phone book on the wall. You can across your fingers on it. In the beginning, your fingers may only be able to rip 1 or 2 pages. The longer you train, the more pages that your fingers can rip.

In the western world, it's called "bread and butter" move. TCMA call this "door guarding" move. That means if this move doesn't work, it's time to run like hell.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-07-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks for the reply Frost, I get what you are saying, and take it on board, but some of it is simply alternative training, with the same opportunities for success or failure, depending on the effort applied.

I disagree that bare knuckle fighting care is a timidity thing. You can't hide behind your gear, you can hurt your hands, bunch of things.

Padded elbows makes sense, but still, its a big gun for a small party.

And you agree the knee stomp is pretty tricky to train.

We both know that even in MMA circles, there's the easy, middle and Hard Core crews that don't go that extent, that don't go hardcore in training. TCMA is no different.

When you talk about 'theoretically' what a top sport fighter might train, you can easilly speak 'theoretically' about how a TCMA should train, but the fact is, the reality is different.

Any good fighting style or MA will have 'the deadly' of their own design, which can't be trained, even in hardcore sparring, without special accommodations.

MMA rules changed from the initial NHB days, for example.

So, how much different is TCMA really, in training concept. It may not be as efficient or accelerated, but at the same time, its less conventional.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Thanks for the reply Frost, I get what you are saying, and take it on board, but some of it is simply alternative training, with the same opportunities for success or failure, depending on the effort applied.

I disagree that bare knuckle fighting care is a timidity thing. You can't hide behind your gear, you can hurt your hands, bunch of things.

Padded elbows makes sense, but still, its a big gun for a small party.

And you agree the knee stomp is pretty tricky to train.

We both know that even in MMA circles, there's the easy, middle and Hard Core crews that don't go that extent, that don't go hardcore in training. TCMA is no different.

When you talk about 'theoretically' what a top sport fighter might train, you can easilly speak 'theoretically' about how a TCMA should train, but the fact is, the reality is different.

Any good fighting style or MA will have 'the deadly' of their own design, which can't be trained, even in hardcore sparring, without special accommodations.

MMA rules changed from the initial NHB days, for example.

So, how much different is TCMA really, in training concept. It may not be as efficient or accelerated, but at the same time, its less conventional.
    for me the gear thing is important i have sparred both ways and I know what allows me to train most realistically and with real power and pressure, and I know from watching clips of both which i feel works the best, and for self defence i would agree both are needed but I know which i'd place most emphesis on, but its
    personal preference

In the end we train because we like it and want to, no amount of discussion will change that fact

The "shredder" was pure nonsense.

So, maybe you're right about him studying Hung Kuen.

luckily, the Godz in their infinite wisdom have designed the human body to be disabled.
    Eyes are only protected by a paper thin membrane, and are recessed in sockets, which act like a funnel, directing your finger into hem. In case you are slightly off-target, the nose guides you right back.
    The throat is 3/4 exposed, the trachea being cartilige, and the vagus nerves, and carotid exposed. The back of the neck has the stem of the brain, base of skull, all good.
    Turn your back on a fighter, and you are playing into his hands.
    You are not a turtle.
    The base of the skull, as mentioned before is prime target area.
    The spine is completely exposed.(ever see someone bend over at the beach? (calm down..)you can count the vertebrea. Kidney, spleen, coccyx etc.
    The testicles hang down between the legs-God forbid we get to have a skull there, right? And again, the legs guide your foot there if yuo happen to be lightly off target.
    I am hoping that this was pure sarcasm.

Because, the Godz in their infinite wisdom sure made people gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    I am hoping that this was pure sarcasm.

Because, the Godz in their infinite wisdom sure made people gullible.
    the expert has spoken...LOL
    (this is sarcasm...)
    Last edited by TenTigers; 11-08-2010 at 01:02 PM.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.