Thread: Shaolin Boxing before 1780

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post

completely false information
    this is what he calls all the stuff that proves him wrong
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Facts were under discussion. What he had been posting pages of was completely false information he tried to pass as true, but which had been refuted and corrected point for point. Each time he hit a dead end he ignored it and changed the subject- most recently to gossiping about some irrelevant guy he doesn't like by saying "I'll have some fun..."

How do you figure that is lazily "resorting" and not calling it like it is after matching each of his points?
    There is a distinct tendency around here to call anyone who doesn't agree with you a troll.

Where did he post his personal opinion besides when insulting someone?
    Do you guys even read the posts or can you just detect when someone disagrees with the shaolin mythology timeline?

@ Kellen Bassette

In your signature; Mighty B didn't say that.

http://chinesemartialstudies.com/201...kung-fu-craze/

The author would probably appreciate proper attribution.

just saying

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    There is a distinct tendency around here to call anyone who doesn't agree with you a troll.

Do you guys even read the posts or can you just detect when someone disagrees with the shaolin mythology timeline?
    I don't mind if he disagrees. I just met his points and corrected them with facts supported by evidence. It's when he ignores that and either slings insults in response or changes the subject that he is displaying troll behavior. An obvious troll agenda he has with his false information. I haven't called people out for trolling. I usually ignore it, but this guy is obviously one.

changes the subject that he is displaying troll behavior.

oh look it's the thread purity forum police

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Changing the subject isn't the issue itself, it's the circumstance under which you do it (to bury your bs in pages).

At this point is there anyone who'd like to tie the thread together and say whether there was Shaolin open-hand training before 1780? (I'm assuming we take for granted that there was weapons training before that date.)

It'd be great to hear more about that topic.

LFJ - Thats just Dave. You'd expect something different from his track record. LOL., right now he's going through some sort of a midlife crisis, look he's posting on a Kung Fu Forum thread on Shaolin Kung Fu at 2am in the morning

Rett - I think its been proven that there was some sort of combat method in existence at that time period. So weapon usage can be assumed as well.
    Last edited by ngokfei; 06-20-2013 at 03:20 AM.

Where did he post his personal opinion besides when insulting someone?
    the truth insults you.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    In your signature; Mighty B didn't say that.
    Duly noted....
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Duly noted....
    Although I've said many variations of that same sentiment long before I ever read anything from martialstudies.com. Most recently here: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...6&postcount=10
    Most TCMA is fairly akin to Civil War Reenacting. I think TCMA at some point tried to address that level of violence depicted in that video, but there's no way in heck that contemplating your navel whilst doing forms that moderately represent impressions of violence...

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Although I've said many variations of that same sentiment long before I ever read anything from martialstudies.com. Most recently here: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...6&postcount=10
    Don't worry, I won't call you a plagiarist....you said it was one of your favorite quotes, just didn't name the source. I couldn't know if that meant your own quote or someone else's, without going to the trouble of asking.

At any rate, I have observed your numerous statements expressing the same idea. But Wenshu is right. I must not be party to spreading misinformation.
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Well here's a plan.

Keep practicing your kung fu. Refine it.
    There's always gonna be someone sniffing around and being negative.
    That's humans for you.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    At this point is there anyone who'd like to tie the thread together and say whether there was Shaolin open-hand training before 1780? (I'm assuming we take for granted that there was weapons training before that date.)

It'd be great to hear more about that topic.
    I am pretty sure no one ever argued there was not and that the issue was put to bed by the first page... and thus the multiple topics in here

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I am pretty sure no one ever argued there was not and that the issue was put to bed by the first page... and thus the multiple topics in here
    Thanks. I skipped the first page.