Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: broken forum and bad behavior

Post broken forum and bad behavior

not sure what happened yesterday, but apparently a day or so's worth of postings are missing. my guess is that gene and johnny were all guinessed up and one of them spilled a pint on the server before it had a chance to back itself up for the day.

regardless, most of yesterday's posts won't be missed, but we did have some gems:

1. mk linked us to a pikey fight.
    2. i got to make fun of bill phillips. twice.

i think that's about it. the majority of the rest was crap, for one specific reason -- insults. i've warned you hosers time and again:

you can argue all you want, you can discuss to your heart's content, but do NOT insult another forum member. if you feel the need to do so, think about who the bigger dolt is -- the one who antagonizes another person on the web, or the one who lets him or herself be antagonized by someone they don't know, much less respect.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    well, I hope someone beats them soundly for the waste of a good pint.

and the old smilies are back !

I didn't trust those new guys.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Does this mean whipping hand is un-banned?

Isent calling the forum hosers and dolts kinda like insulting forum members?

strike!

don't insult me with your hoser and dolt comments you dolt hoser!

Kung Fu is good for you.

Forum down

Yesterday, we were informed by vBulletin that all vBulletin forums were under attack from a malicious hacker. There is a known flaw in the older versions, so we were advised to upload a newer version or a patch to prevent losing our data. The process took www.KungFuMagazine.com offline for a period last night, and there's still some problems that we have yet to resolve. Our IT man Jake, worked late into the evening here, then took an admin computer home last night to resolve the problem. We believe it's resolved now, but there are still some things that we are ironing out, so we might experience a little bugginess. Sorry for the inconvience - such is the nature of the net.

And shame on you selfish members who thought a few hour blip on the forum was all about YOU.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

thanks for the update, gene, but i still think guiness had something to do with it.

Isent calling the forum hosers and dolts kinda like insulting forum members?
    well, i meant "hosers" in the brotherly way that bob and doug always used. and dolts ... hm ... what excuse do i have for dolts ... well, i'll just have to fall back on my title. just cause i moderate other people's behavior doesn't mean i myself am moderate.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

hey that's my line!

hoser!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Guinness for strength!

Oh man, I wish it was about the Guinness. I wish. It was really just a ****ty Monday here at the office.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

if that's the case, then tuesday BETTER be all about the guiness.

Our IT guy just got in...

...he worked until 3 AM fixing the forum et. al., last night. And he's still working on it. He says now that we came within moments of LOSING THE ENTIRE FORUM. **** malicious hacker.

If anyone deserves a Guinness, and our heartfelt thanks, it's our man Jake!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    Ok RTB...I'll cut out the insults....however....it better be enforced uniformly. It seems that you are getting on my case when there has been plenty of this kind of stuff going around the forum for a long time.

In other words. Any insults I see I'm gonna flag. But I'd better see some intervention on your part or I'm gonna assume you are picking and choosing your targets.
    Last edited by Fu-Pow; 06-29-2004 at 10:39 AM.

figured that this was bigger than it seemed.

malicious web attacks... (sigh).
    hope today is a better day.

Tuesday Guinness

Well, we're still picking up the pieces. We had 1500+ error messages in our email, plus several dozen complaints/comments about the lost threads and such. So no Guinness yet - but we're about to celebrate the B-day of a Tiger Claw office manager, so at least there will be a little cake.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

i've warned you hosers time and again:
    That's it!!!! You meet me at Taichi Legacy and I'll have you whipped in 7 minutes 32 seconds flat with hundreds of wtinesses. I'll even call in CNN to film it so we have a record of me, whippin yo' butt, without using grappling and while dancing!!!!

ch-klak! (counterattack mode active)

"Morpheus.
    "I need cyber defense capability.

"**uploading"

#
    ^
    \

/
    <
    %
    ~

@
    +
    :
    :
    "
    '

#
    \
    :
    /
    {
    \
    O
    |
    "

"**uploading.......done!:"

There. Now next time it happens, your server will rip a powerpole out of the ground & whoop @ss on whoever tries to hack.
    Master...Teach me kung fu.