Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My friend got jumped pretty bad

My friend got jumped pretty bad

Me and my friend , were going to meet two aquaintances (we'll call them Jon and George) on the strip. When we get there, the two guys we know are drunk, and talking $h!t to like 9 guys. The two guys we know, are always getting into some sorta mess, and when they are drunk, they get mad quickly, and easily, and there is no calming them. George is talking trash and then throws a beer at one of the 9 guys, as he does this, Jon gets cold co(ked and falls on the floor. George starts swinging at guys, and hits a couple but doesn't stay on his feet very long. They drop George, and start stomping on his head like 3 or 4 times. They leave him and run off. George is unconcious, and bleeding from his face pretty bad, and gets sent to the hospital.(don't know if he's alright or not) Jon just got hit in the face, mouth is a little bloody, but he walked away.

The thing is, me and my friend get there right as it happens, and we don't know whats going on, it caught me off guard. I froze. I didn't do anything. I might have been able to help George, or who knows, but I didn't do anything. Granted they are always get into something, and sooner or later they had this coming.

And I had no idea who started what, or why they were getting into each other's face. Jon and George could have just walked away easily, but they weren't backing down, in fact they kept getting in the ppl's face.

I feel bad though. I froze. It was like a nightmare, everything was going on, and i was in slow mo. I could think, but my body wasn't moving.

I don't know why I'm saying this, maybe I want to hear some feedback from ppl. If they think it was fu(ked up, or understandable my reaction. I feel terrible, for the first time in a situation like this I froze.

I think it was good taht you froze.

2 vs 9 is bad odds, 4 vs 9 is not that much better.
    Plus, it also ws not your fight, your 2 aquaintances asked for it and got what they deserved.

I stopped a long time ago to fight other peoples fights or help them out when they are in a tough spot they got themselves into.

Sounds cold-hearted, for all the times I got involved I hardly got any thanks and my rep suffered too.

I have been jumped a few times and had friends stand there and watch.
    ****ed me off.
    However as I got older I learned some things(by the way your friend didnt get jumped, he saw that coming and was talkng smack).
    If you are going to fight, fight for your life, fight with everything you have, bite, kick, gouge eyes, pick up a weapon, annhilate your opponent as fast as you can, if you are not prepared to do that and nothing less, dont fight at all, AT ALL.
    You were not ready to commit yourself to violence, good, I reccomend you never raise your hand to anyone unless you have to, and have to means to protect life, your own or your friends.
    My sifu told me, when decide to fight, you decide to kill, because the other guy (you MUST assume) has already decided to kill you.
    If you arent ready to kill your enemy find another way around it, when all other ways are lost(the decision really takes place in less then a second) exhaust all your reserves in making sure you walk away, if that means someone else doesnt, well then that is what it means.
    Fighting is not a joke, it is not a sport, it proves nothing.
    Dont feel bad, maybe your friend learned something.
    Avoid people who put danger at your feet, take fighting as serious as it should be.
    Dont feel guilty for not hurting someone, or more then likly dont feel guilty for not getting stomped by 9 guys yourself.

This is the problem of group fights. It's a melee...best thang and only thang u could have done was drag your friends to YOUR SIDE of the area. If they come to your side then u can fight them and pressure them back away from you. If you jumped in...u're basically have no avenue to do shiet...u'll prob. get clip from behind! It's like being surrounded...but if u bait them to come forward...u have to option to fight or backpeddle. Jumping in a circle sucks.
    A

It really sucked, because, right as we get there, and everything happened, another 7-9 guys came up to me and my friend from behind. I thought these guys were with those guys, and I thought this was it. I've been in rumbles beofre, I've been had odds as bad at that before, I've had my @ss kicked a couple times, and I'm not afraid of getting it kicked, but for some strange reason, I froze. It was like watching everything on t.v., like it was all behind some screen that I couldn't get to.

I really was mad at myself. But they did bring it upon themselves. They coulda backed away and didn't. It really wasn't my fight, and I don't think it woulda been cool to get beat down for a reason I don't know and for some drunk @sses who are acting stupid. I guess I was caught off guard.

I don't know, the thing that bothered me the most, was that I couldn't react, I felt hopless. With my street fighting experience, with my MA training, I couldn't react. I hadn't been in a fight in a while, maybe I was rusty. Maybe becuase I got there late and was caught off gaurd.

But it just made we scared that I froze. What if it was me in a situation? Or someone I cared about? I've never frozen up in my life. I guess you can't always expect to react the same everytime something happens.

Avoiding violence is not "rusty" it is mature.
    The older you get the more you will realize that your life is what is important, and part of yur life is trying to keep your body intact.
    I have 4 children and can not afford for some dim wit to get lucky and ruin me for life, cause I had a point to prove.

George is talking trash and then throws a beer at one of the 9 guys,
    Are you talking about a bottle of beer, a full can, a near empty can, or just the contents of a cup?

If it was one of the first two, that is assault with a deadly weapon and George needed to get stomped in a boot party.

If it was one of the last two, that is being an arsehole and George deserved to be decked, but not stomped on the ground.
    Monkey vs. Robot

maybe those guys should drink inside their houses...
    Cuz if you cant control yourself like that when your drunk, one of these days you might go up against a guy with a knife or gun.
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

stranger- sorry for not being clear, it was the contents in the cup he had.(which was beer)

sansoostudent- I agree.

Lots of c*nt b!tches pull guns and knives around here.
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

Young Aprentice

I've always liked you on here and think you post respectfully and add, not subtract to the board's value.

With that said: here is what I would be considering:

1) How valuable where these friends? Would you have hestitated if it was a brother or your girl?

If they were of value to you and you just got there AND DID NOT KNOW WHAT CAUSED THIS, then I would be concerned over your freezing and you should meditate on this and talk to your teacher.

If they are so so friends who routinely cause trouble, and you didn't want to get dirty or ruin your night, then perhpas you did the right thing ... especially if it was already winding down when you got there.

If you didn't go to the hospitial with them, and you're not sure of their condition, then I suspect they're just acquaintances. I use the word friend very carefully.

They say every avoided fight is a victory. I know it sure as **** don't feel like it, but hey you never know what might have happend if you had. Would you be happy if you ended up in hospital?

It is now in the past, you can't change what you did, there's no second chances. All you can do now is be thankfull that you are not hurt and move on.
    hope your alrite..

piz
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

thanx Evolution Fist- I put friend in the title of the thread becuase it was shorter then aquaintance. I would say they are good aquaintance's, who cause problems when they are drunk. But I don't think I would call them friends. Well, maybe I would consider Jon a friend. A lot of my friends are starting to stray away from kicking it with them, becuase they tend to start problems. I talked to Jon and he admitted it was his fault.

I don't know if I would freeze up if it was family or a close friend. This is my concern. This is the underlying factor for me writing this thread. The first is that I felt guilty for not doing anything.

About two and a half months ago, I was in a similar situation. Exceptions being, I was there when it started so I knew what was going on, they were good friends of mine, and they didn't start it. The odds were similar 4-9. But I didn't freeze when it got close to fighting, and I was not afraid of getting beat down.

Since I have never froze before, it scared me a lot. I hope this isn't a reacurring thing. I just hope the reason's were for me freezing, was that I was caught off gaurd.

don't sweat it too much dude. if i walked into the same situation with a co worker or something who asks for trouble i wouldn't have done anything either. not against 9 guys he through a ****ing beer at. the only thing i think you could have done different is to maybe have yelled something along the lines of he's down ... ****in quit before you put yourself in prison. although i wasn't there and there may not have even been time to say that.

also don't worry too much about whether you'd freeze in a different situation ... especially if you haven't in others in the past. i mean you were standing there thinking man .... maybe i should do something but there's 9 guys over there and george was being a **** anyway. do you honestly think the same process would go through your head if it were your best friend? i seriously doubt it. maybe you'd end in the hospital, but you'd be in the hospital with your friend.
    where's my beer?

bottom line ....

dont feel like a pu ssy. the moron intentionaly picked a fight with 9 people. that's not your problem.
    where's my beer?