Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tai Chi Fighters Represent

Tai Chi Fighters Represent

Just wanted to congratulate my training partners, Aaron and J for their excellent showing at a Judo tournament in Prince George, BC this past weekend.

Aaron has fought twice in MMA as well as sweeping his division last spring in a sub-wrestling tournament.
    This weekend, Aaron scored ippon against his first opponent in less than 20 seconds and took bronze when it was all said and done. He was eliminated by J in their match when he got countered while attacking. Anyone who's pushed with J knows there's no shame in that. hahaha Way to go Aaron!

Jeremiah hospitalized his first opponent with a huge throw and went on to win the gold by scoring 2 separate ippon and choking out another one of his opponents. J has fought a couple very tough MMA fighters and has done very well for himself, and also swept his division at the same sub-wrestling tournament that Aaron competed in.

Afterward, both of them were refused entry in the Open Class for some reason.

Nice going, guys!
    Tai Chi is

Re: Tai Chi Fighters Represent

Nice work.

Originally posted by Shooter
    Afterward, both of them were refused entry in the Open Class for some reason.
    Didn't you/they ask why?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

i would assume the same but you know what they say ....

assumptions are like as sholes ... everyone's got one and they're both round.
    where's my beer?

I dont think they looked very good mostly because they all sucked. and that one guy Jeremiah...he put someone in the hospital? He is going straight to hell i tell you.
    Last edited by Shuul Vis; 05-02-2003 at 11:11 PM.

Assumptions are round?
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

they sure are.
    where's my beer?

ha ... your sig rocks.
    where's my beer?

Mine?
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

yeah. im sorry to see riti go ... ill miss that agusta kid ... but the new girl seems to be doing a good job.
    where's my beer?

I like the story about the tard that lost a fight with a table.

that's actually my favorate ... i couldnt stop imagining that and laughin for about 20 minutes.

.................................................. .................................................. ....
    from http://tardblog.com

"#13: Tard loses fight:

Angelo was walking towards the coat room today, when he clipped one of the classroom tables with his hip. Feeling slighted, he cursed at the table and swung his leg to kick the corner he'd bumped into. He missed the table leg by inches and sent his foot smashing into the underside of the table. He screamed and bent down to grab his toes, banging his head against the topside of the table.

At this point Angelo started crying, fell on his butt, and started trying to take his shoe off. He leaned forward to untie his shoe and hit his forehead against the edge of the table. After this he just curled up into a ball. I have never seen a tard lose a fight with an inanimate object quite as badly as this."
    where's my beer?

HAHAHAHA!

That almost doesn't seem possible.

Congratulations, Shooter, Aaron, and Jeremiah. Good job! It's great to see someone putting their art to the test, and even better to see them doing well.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

i agree ... its good to finally hear of some traditionals doing well, but why werent they alowed to continue?
    where's my beer?

Oh come on, some guys got to say that they were not "really" doing tai chi in thease fights.

Its like a tradition or somthing.

But way to go.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?