Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WC fight clips

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    nope and i am not disagreeing with Dales videos and saying they are crap, if i was i would expect to have to put up something better otherwise i would be nothing but a mouth boxer and a scared troll wouldn't you agree
    That is a complete cop out. All you post is nonsense. Because you are a half-a$$ed WCer and a wanna be mma fighter. As I have said. I am not very interested in giving free martial arts lessons to inferior fighters like yourself.

EDIT:
    Also, you may have noticed that there are a number of people who think that Dale's video is junk. Furthermore, video or not the 2-1 smoker mma record still stands.
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 02-05-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Here's an interview with Shawn Obasi - the WC guy in Dale's clips. Thought it might be interesting:

http://www.londonwingchun.com/articl...awn_obasi.html

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    That is a complete cop out. All you post is nonsense. Because you are a half-a$$ed WCer and a wanna be mma fighter. As I have said. I am not very interested in giving free martial arts lessons to inferior fighters like yourself.

EDIT:
    Also, you may have noticed that there are a number of people who think that Dale's video is junk. Furthermore, video or not the 2-1 smoker mma record still stands.
    if i want martial arts advice i can get it from guys that actually compete in the UFC and other events thanks i don't need it from someone who won't even tell us his school or where he has competed

now stop dodging the point, if you think you can do better than dale show us....i don't think i can so why do i need to post anything? its YOU who who said its rubbish so YOU show us something better please.......

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Here's an interview with Shawn Obasi - the WC guy in Dale's clips. Thought it might be interesting:

http://www.londonwingchun.com/articl...awn_obasi.html
    yeah thats a good one i have some class videos i took of him light sparring with another classmate i will ask him if i can post it up for you guys to see. i really don't share my videos but if shawn is ok with it then ill put them up. stay tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    if i want martial arts advice i can get it from guys that actually compete in the UFC and other events thanks i don't need it from someone who won't even tell us his school or where he has competed

now stop dodging the point, if you think you can do better than dale show us....i don't think i can so why do i need to post anything? its YOU who who said its rubbish so YOU show us something better please.......
    I suggest strongly that you get some advice because you are dire need of some. Although, the best coaches aren't necessarily the best competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by weakstudent View Post
    alliance jiu jitsu, in new york under Lucas Lepri

Shaun is a white belt , he has been learning for a year and a half
    Cool. Hey thanks for jumping in the conversation. It's good to see people applying WCK to MMA like Shawn. Tell him we said to give him props.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    I suggest strongly that you get some advice because you are dire need of some. Although, the best coaches aren't necessarily the best competitors.
    do you know how silly you sound, if i train at the same place as these guys than that also means i also have access to the guys that coach them

so if i wanted to get advice on MMA/grappling i could either get advice from a guy who won't list his accomplishments or tell us who he trains and if his students have ever had even 1 fight, of i could ask a coach that has trained me for about 7 years and who has cornered half a dozen UFC fights in the past 2 years and who took a team of amature MMA guys to one of he bigger comps here in the UK and took home 12 medals. If i wanted straight kickboxing/thai advice i could ask another coach who i also train with and who had 4 guys fight in an event just last december, one of whom won a title, or again i take the advice of someone he won't post a clip of him or his sudents competing.

we can all throw around insults, for instance I could say that before questioning someones grappling, dog bothers fights and MMA fights you should actually train in those arts and gasp maybe even compete and post your own videos for comparision, otherwise you sound very lame and pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Cool. Hey thanks for jumping in the conversation. It's good to see people applying WCK to MMA like Shawn. Tell him we said to give him props.
    i will and no matter what people say this is a great forum, even with the arguments, i learn something form each one of you guys everytime im on.

Watched the first 30 seconds of the first vid and then turned in off...a ridiculous lunging vertical fist wing chun punch thrown from too far away leads to a shoot by the other guy....the "wing chun" guy has to sprawl and the whole thing goes to the floor inside of 3-4 seconds.

Okay...so his ground skills allowed him to get back up quickly....and then he continues with vertical punches from too far away once again...and the grappling comes into play again.

Kudos for trying, and he's certainly in shape.

But I think I'll pass.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 02-13-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Had a conversation with Shawn Obasi today. He's a real gentleman, and very dedicated to wing chun. And we also discussed what I said earlier on this thread about using some boxing to get to wing chun range....and he's been adding things like that in recent years, he told me...seems the clip I commented upon was from a fight about 3 years ago. Didn't mean to insult him personally when I said the range he threw the wing chun punch from was "ridiculous"...

I wish him well.