Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How can you tell . . . ?

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    If they go ANYWHERE and attack someone, they will in all liklihood get the crap kicked out of them.

Do you think there are no fights in "the projects" between only two persons? That every single time a fist fight breaks out in "the projects", that they turn into multiple opponent affairs? Fantasy.
    Of course there are...but if you think that a bunch of guys will stand around watching their buddy fight (especially in areas where that lifestyle is the norm) and not jump in than THAT'S fantasy.

I've personally seen it happen on a number of occasions and even had to break up a group fight that spilled over into the non-fighting public.
    Last edited by SAAMAG; 02-20-2010 at 10:43 AM.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post
    Of course there are...but if you think that a bunch of guys will stand around watching their buddy fight (especially in areas where that lifestyle is the norm) and not jump in than THAT'S fantasy.
    So you believe that in "the projects" people are just standing around waiting to jump into fights? Or that their "lifestyle" is watching their buddy fight?

Fantasy.

Fighting is fighting and people are people.

I've personally seen it happen on a number of occasions and even had to break up a group fight that spilled over into the non-fighting public.
    Oh, Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    So you believe that in "the projects" people are just standing around waiting to jump into fights? Or that their "lifestyle" is watching their buddy fight?

Fantasy.

Fighting is fighting and people are people.

Oh, Lord.
    If you're praying that you will be able to figure out some way of coming out on top of this argument that's about the only option you have at this point. But you can't end the day without feeling like you have to be right about everything? Especially in this case where it can easily be proven otherwise by personal experiences, social norms, and even the almighty youtube. Also your tactic of "misinterpreting" what someone else has said then trying to capitalize on it is also getting old. You know what is meant by lifestyle...that being they live in a part of town where fighting and gangbanging and other low-life type activities are the norm. Places where proving manhood is typically done physically or with guns. That's what is meant by lifestyle.

Look, whether you feel its fantasy or not (because I'm about to place you in the same "delusions of granduer" catagory as HW108) people will and do get into multiple opponent fights. They don't stand around and wait as you put it, though there is probably an exception to that as well with some of the social delinquents out and about; but it does happen.

While there are not many "streetfighters" that walk around like Ryu and Ken just looking for fights...yet according to others here and even with a guy I know personally, there are the occasional exceptions to that rule as well. Is it stupid? You bet. But to these individuals...going around looking for fights in bars and such is just a social defect they have.

Because the general idea of something being fantasy means that it doesn't exist in reality... if there is JUST ONE exception to your definite conclusion that either notion is fantasy...than you're wrong. Plain and simple. Now go and have beer and get the fugg over it already.
    Last edited by SAAMAG; 02-20-2010 at 02:27 PM.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post
    If you're praying that you will be able to figure out some way of coming out on top of this argument that's about the only option you have at this point. But you can't end the day without feeling like you have to be right about everything? Especially in this case where it can easily be proven otherwise by personal experiences, social norms, and even the almighty youtube. Also your tactic of "misinterpreting" what someone else has said then trying to capitalize on it is also getting old. You know what is meant by lifestyle...that being they live in a part of town where fighting and gangbanging and other low-life type activities are the norm. Places where proving manhood is typically done physically or with guns. That's what is meant by lifestyle.

Look, whether you feel its fantasy or not (because I'm about to place you in the same "delusions of granduer" catagory as HW108) people will and do get into multiple opponent fights. They don't stand around and wait as you put it, though there is probably an exception to that as well with some of the social delinquents out and about; but it does happen.

While there are not many "streetfighters" that walk around like Ryu and Ken just looking for fights...yet according to others here and even with a guy I know personally, there are the occasional exceptions to that rule as well. Is it stupid? You bet. But to these individuals...going around looking for fights in bars and such is just a social defect they have.

Because the general idea of something being fantasy means that it doesn't exist in reality... if there is JUST ONE exception to your definite conclusion that either notion is fantasy...than you're wrong. Plain and simple. Now go and have beer and get the fugg over it already.
    Niehoff has basically no street fighting experience while others on this forum grew up in rough neighborhoods, worked law enforcement, gone to war, fought in the streets, and bounced. Niehoff has watched youtube and talked to others people with no street experience.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    Niehoff has basically no street fighting experience while others on this forum grew up in rough neighborhoods, worked law enforcement, gone to war, fought in the streets, and bounced. Niehoff has watched youtube and talked to others people with no street experience.
    I'm thinking that maybe he's saying that when people fight in public or in the streets as it were, that it is just because they're normal people who've found themselves in a fight. There's a catalyst for it and there's nothing more to it.

This is in contrast to the idea that there are individuals who are skilled in fighting because they have learned soley through experience by fighting people outside the confines of a formal organization.

I can concede to it being relatively a low probability, but that's far being pure fantasy.

One thing,
    If a person is training with realisim as their goal then they MUST take into account the possibility of multiple attackers.
    Yes, many times people just like to watch, even if it's their own friend that is losing (people are ****ed up), but there is also the chance of people stepping in and it must be accounted for.
    There is a reason that even trained grapplers DON'T want to take it to the ground if it can be avoided, because of the dangers there.
    Of course IF it goes to the ground, a person that has trained there and knows how to fight from there is certainly better off.

When a fellow bouncer ended up on the ground during a group altercation years ago, he did the smart thing and used the guy that he was fighting as a "shield" between the people that were kicking at THEM and when we got there ( very quickly sense we were right there) he was able to get back up and had only a few marks to show for it.
    His comfort on the ground and smarts about being on the bottom ( something that seems to be the wrong thing to do) was what kept him from getting to hurt.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !