Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Big news in Hongkong

Leung Ting found guilty

Kung fu master found guilty of beating girlfriend
    Patsy Moy
    Friday, November 20, 2009

Renowned kung fu master Leung Ting was sentenced yesterday to two months in jail for attacking his girlfriend.

Kowloon City deputy magistrate Ko Wai-hung released Leung, 62, on HK$50,000 bail pending appeal. Following the sentencing, Leung's former girlfriend and victim Rita Lip Sik-ying, who described the assault as "disgraceful," said she would not have called police if she had not been beaten so severely.

Speaking to Sing Tao Daily, sister paper of The Standard, Lip, 45, described Leung as a womanizer who had many girlfriends.

Nevertheless, she saw him as an attractive man ever since meeting him through a friend about five years ago.

"He is a kung fu master but is also knowledgeable about everything," said Lip, adding she has not been in touch with Leung since the March assault. "I have mixed feelings about the sentence, considering we had been together for a few years."

After hearing Ko's guilty verdict, Leung stood up twice in the dock and shouted that the court did not have the facts and a full picture of the incident.

Leung, the WingTsun founder, had denied one count of assault causing actual bodily harm.

In his ruling, Ko admitted the case involved a "one-against-one situation, with no independent witness."

But he said Lip was honest and did not exaggerate her case against Leung.

Neither did Ko believe Leung beat Lip out of self-defense. He said being found guilty would seriously hurt Leung's career.

Lip testified that Leung banged her head against the floor, kicked her in the stomach and boxed her ears during a dispute concerning one of his former wives.

But Leung, in refuting the claims, said Lip became upset when he did not give her the HK$50,000 she wanted for an abortion to be performed in Singapore.

Leung said Lip became hysterical and tried to jump from a window, and that he tried to save her by grabbing her arm and neck.

He also claimed Lip began hitting her head on the floor and banged on his neighbors' doors, shouting: "Leung Ting is hitting a woman."

A medical report on Lip indicated tenderness to her neck, redness to her face, bleeding to the eyes, and bruises.
    http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_d...181&con_type=1

2 months is not enough.

Yea you're right. Two Months plus some Disneyland tickets should be about right.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU RON View Post
    There is no excuse to hit a woman, ( an exception might be , if a woman has a gun or knife and is trying to kill ya) .
    good post i would never hit a woman

even if gina carano took me down mounted me and tried to submit me i would not fight her

I WOULD TAKE THAT TRIANGLE CHOKE LIKE A MAN!

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    even if gina carano took me down mounted me and tried to submit me i would not fight her

I WOULD TAKE THAT TRIANGLE CHOKE LIKE A MAN!
    or Kyra Gracie.

Quote Originally Posted by htowndragon View Post
    i remember meeting jeff webb and leung ting at paul hwangs event in austin. i saw leung ting walk behind me and i said "hey, you're leung ting" and jeff webb got really annoyed, looked at me and said "it's great grandmaster leung ting"
    What an asshat. Can you imagine if everyone wanted to be called by their work titles in social situations? Hilarity.

What an asshat. Can you imagine if everyone wanted to be called by their work titles in social situations? Hilarity.
    I don't have to imagine I'm in the military.

--------------------------------------------
    You go to a bar to pick up chicks...

Hi, I'm senior account analyst Richard Asshat.
    Nice to meat you Richard.
    That’s senior account analyst Asshat to you. Kowtow to your master!
    Last edited by SanHeChuan; 11-20-2009 at 07:26 AM.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    I don't have to imagine I'm in the military.
    Good one .
    Semper Fi
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianK View Post
    Martial artists that do this are the height of pompous ass-hattery.

Always good for a laugh and definitely an indicator of where the door is.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

blurted bull**** at the judge

Sun, Nov 22, 2009
    The Daily Chilli

Kung Fu master jailed for beating mistress

HONG KONG - Kung Fu master Leung Ting, the last student of martial arts sifu Ip Man, has been sentenced to two months' jail for assaulting his girlfriend.

Leung, the 62-year-old junior apprentice of international kungfu star Bruce Lee, is the founder of the International WingTsun Association.

He was charged with attacking his girlfriend, who was then three months' pregnant, by dragging her on the ground, pulling her hair and kicking her stomach at his home in Hong Kong on March 30.

The couple had entered a heated argument after the girlfriend, 45, was believed to have offended Leung's ex-wife.

Hong Kong's Sing Tao Daily reported that the court had found Leung guilty and sentenced him to two months' jail on Thursday.

After the judgement was read out, Leung raised his hands and shouted ?objection?. He even blurted out the word "bull****" at the judge.

He was released on HK$5,000 (S$903) bail with HK$50,000 (S$9,030) sureties pending his appeal against the judgement.

He has a criminal record for fighting in public areas and was fined HK$500 (S$93) some 18 years ago.

Leung had started practising WingTsun at the age of 13 but was trained by Ip Man when he turned 18.

He started teaching martial arts in foreign countries in the 1980s.

Today, Leung has established his martial arts centres in more than 60 countries with thousands of students worldwide.
    http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%...22-181461.html

Wildwoo is offline 苦練在最熱的天,夏季和冬季最寒冷的日子 !
    Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Yep that's Engrish alright.

Try this:

Leung Ting girlfriend strenuously testifies that she was severely beaten.
    "Right eye is so injured that it cannot be opened"
    Will persist in taking this to court
    May 8, 2009

After accusations of Wing Chun master Leung Ting injuring his girlfriend came to light, the reluctant “leading actress” in this drama Miss Nie (Miss Lip) yesterday gave an interview to reporters by telephone. Refuting talk that Leung Ting "did not hit anyone", she recalled being pressed to the ground, hair pulled and head hitting the ground more than 10 times, resulting in serious injuries to the head and face. Nie said: "I have evidence to prove that I was severely beaten and injured by someone"

Reporter: Liao Yun Si
    45-year-old Miss Nie acknowledges she is Leung Ting’s soulmate, the pair have dated for over four years, often seen together. Leung Ting’s disciples even called her "Simo". He (LT) had never been rough to her: "He really has never raised a hand or foot to me before".

Evidence taken for court submission
    Enlarge image

Wing Chun Master Leung Ting (left) yesterday returned to the Mainland on business, taking a temporary leave of absence from troubled lands.

That night, the two argued over emotional problems. Miss Nie claiming to have been pressed to the ground, hair pulled and head smashed against the ground over 10 times. "Both my eyes have burst blood vessels, my right eye injured to such an extent that it cannot be opened, bruising on the forehead, legs and abdominal pain." She pointed out that how can such injuries be caused by what Leung Ting calls "a fall". She excitedly said: "I used a camera to record the injuries, I’ll use this as evidence when I go to court".

Nie said that she is still worried that her the brain trauma will lead to latter complications, "Sometimes my eyesight will go fuzzy, and my temper [excerpt ends here]
    Sometimes Wayne Brady Gotta smack a hoe and apparently so does Leung Ting

if he did beat up or assault the girl or anyone else, he deserved the jail term.

as for girl friend having the baby at late age

chance of miscarriage is high. risky for both fetus and mom, seek medical help

--

do they think of a name, if it is a boy or a girl

he or she may carry on his name one day

--

domestic disputes should remain domestic

the public or a clean judge do not have a say in them

unless of course, some abuses occur.

--

"(note to self) Don't sleep with any WC chicks"

And don't sleep with Leung Ting

Oh--I forgot--Great Grandmaster Leung Ting--and I forgot again..isn't he "master of all holiness--10th level" or some other moniker too?

LT will now see how well his WT works in Prison.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post
    "(note to self) Don't sleep with any WC chicks"

And don't sleep with Leung Ting

Oh--I forgot--Great Grandmaster Leung Ting--and I forgot again..isn't he "master of all holiness--10th level" or some other moniker too?
    hes gold level too!

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down