Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Martial Artists

Kids today....

Not quite an illegal fight club. Sort of. The youtube generation is so stupid, they film themselves breaking the law. I blame rap music
    9/29/2009 11:29:00 PM
    Dangerous disobedience
    Police chief says backyard fights could have serious consequences
    Marney Simon
    Staff writer

The arrest of two Reed-Custer High School students and a parent has some local parents up in arms, accusing police of turning backyard horseplay into a criminal activity. But police say that so-called horseplay is really an illegal activity that's potentially deadly.

The incident started with a call to a Braidwood home on Wednesday, Sept. 16. Braidwood police officers were responding to a report that there was a fight happening at the residence, but upon arrival, the participants of the fight had scattered.

The following day, video of the alleged fight was obtained by the Braidwood police. The investigation that followed eventually led to the arrests. It was those arrests that prompted some parents to speak out.

"To my knowledge, our police department responded to a call at a home on Sept. 16 where a group of people were supposedly doing Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), also known as mixed martial arts," resident Linda Santerelli told the Braidwood City Council on Sept. 20. "My biggest concern over this incident is why the two boys were arrested, and when and where the arrest took place."

Santerelli and another parent, Tonya Boyer, were upset that the teens were arrested at school. The pair added that they believed the fight to just be backyard horseplay, and questioned police involvement.

Acting Police Chief Brandon Myers, however, says the characterization of the fight as "horseplay" is wrong.

"It is unfortunate that some adults are viewing this as simple horseplay, the children can be seriously injured or could be potentially be killed by performing these stunts," Myers said.

Myers and Santerelli were both referring to UFC-style mixed martial arts. Mixed martial arts is a full contact combat sport that allows a wide variety of fighting techniques, including grappling, punching and kicking, both standing up and on the ground. Myers, who is a 5th degree black belt in the Korean martial art of Tang Soo Do, a 4th degree black belt in the Okinawan art of Ken-KyushoJutsu Ryu karate, and a certified Self Defense instructor in Brazilian JiuJitsu, said the sport is nothing to mess around with, as it can cause serious injury and even death. Myers added that the investigation suggested that the fight was not an isolated incident, and several high schoolers have been participating in these UFC-style backyard matches since early summer.

"Very few [of the teenage participants] have any training whatsoever and do not know the limitations of their actions," Myers explained. "Even professional fighters are seriously injured through full contact fighting after training for years. These kids are performing chokes using the carotid artery, and chokes using the trachea which both can be vitally injured with just a small amount of pressure. They are using joint manipulations that can cause breaks with the wrong type of manipulation or a small amount of resistance. The kids are kicking and punching each other with full force and this too can cause serious injury or death even accidentally. I am sure that no one would appreciate this type of life changing experience. It is not simple horseplay."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Another in my 'hood

I'm in Menlo all the time. I go to Keplers a lot, which is right next to the Menlo train station.

Judo champ jailed in train station beating
    Jaxon Van Derbeken, Chronicle Staff Writer
    Friday, October 2, 2009
    (10-02) 13:55 PDT MENLO PARK --

Horseplay between a martial arts master and a Menlo Park amateur at a Peninsula Caltrain station turned into a full-blown assault and put a national judo competitor behind bars, authorities said today.

Matthew Walker, 25, of Tacoma, Wash., won his category in the 2009 President's Cup tournament held by USA Judo, the sport's governing body in this country. On Friday, however, he was in San Mateo County Jail on $100,000 bail stemming from the late-night incident at the Menlo Park station.

Walker, who is 6-foot-3 and 275 pounds, is to be arraigned Monday in San Mateo County Superior Court in Redwood City.

According to prosecutors, the shorter, lighter victim, a 25-year-old man, and his 23-year-old friend from New York met Walker and a second man, Robert Davis, 22, of Redwood City, after they all got off the Caltrain headed home from a Giants game Tuesday night.

The Menlo Park man approached Walker - who was wearing a judo jacket - and they struck up a conversation about their shared passion, prosecutors said. The man had some training in Aikido, prosecutors said.

"They start playing around - it gets out of hand from the victim's perspective and the victim asks Walker to stop," said Deputy District Attorney Morris Maya. "The play, or whatever it is, escalates and the victim says, 'Cut it out, this isn't funny anymore.' "

The New York man pulled out his cell phone either to photograph or film the confrontation. Davis, according to Maya, grabbed the phone and passed it to Walker.

Walker then allegedly demanded $20 to give it back.

Maya said the Menlo Park man then pulled out his own cell phone to call 911. Walker grabbed that phone, dropped it to the platform and Davis picked it up, Maya said.

"Both Walker and Davis then attacked the victims and beat them severely," Maya said.

The Menlo Park man ended up with a broken leg and face wounds, Maya said. The New York victim was knocked out.

Menlo Park police saw the second victim wandering in the street and began an investigation. Both men were taken to hospitals for treatment.

Davis and Walker were found walking through a parking lot nearby. Police saw Walker tossing items into a garbage can that turned to be one of the victim's cell phones, prosecutors said.

Both men were charged with assault and robbery. Davis is free on $50,000 bail, and Walker is trying to hire a lawyer.

"Obviously, somebody who was a pretty substantial background certainly got carried away," Maya said. "It turned into a scenario when the defendant was more interested in demonstrating his dominance."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

a star?

I hope he wasn't thinking of entering our KungFuMagazine.com’s NINJA STAR contest.

Practice safe ninjitsu. Use a rubber.

Cape student brings 'ninja star' to school
    By Submission
    Delaware State Police
    Wed Oct 14, 2009, 03:32 PM EDT

A 16-year-old Cape Henlopen student has been referred to Sussex County Family Court after bringing a martial arts "ninja star" to school, where state police say the student tossed the weapon past two female students, sticking it into a classroom cabinet.

The incident occurred around 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday at the Lewes high school. A family member took the student into custody pending his appearance at Family Court.

He was charged with possession of a weapon in a school zone and several other misdemeanors.
    Cape student arrested for possession of martial arts star
    Staff Report • October 14, 2009

LEWES — A 16-year-old Cape Henlopen High School student was arrested Tuesday after he was found to be in possession of a martial arts star, police said.

According to Delaware State Police, the student, who has not been identified, was arrested after he threw the star past two 16-year-old female students while in a classroom. The star struck a wooden cabinet and neither of the students were injured, police said.

The student was taken into custody and charged with possession of a weapon in a safe school zone, carrying a concealed deadly weapon and two counts of second degree reckless endangerment.

A family member responded to the school and took custody of the child pending his appearance for arraignment in Sussex County Family Court, police said.

The student was suspended from the school pending a review with disciplinary consequences along with restitution.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    wow. I made one in metal shop in High School, and used to throw it into the school bullitin boards. Of course, this was in the early 70's, and had I been caught, I only would've gotten detention.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    wow. I made one in metal shop in High School, and used to throw it into the school bullitin boards. Of course, this was in the early 70's, and had I been caught, I only would've gotten detention.
    or hired to teach metal shop...

In 8th grade,my friends and I also brought a whole bunch of toy guns into school, cuz we thought it'd be cool to play "Army" in the hallways.
    We got caught-of course. No detention, not even a phone call to our parents. The principal confiscated our "weapons," and told us if we wanted them back, we could come in with our parents to claim them. So..his kids got a whole bunch of cool toys, including my Mattel M16 Marauder.

yep...I was a weird kid...

http://users.rcn.com/ed.ma.ultranet/toyguns.html
    Last edited by TenTigers; 10-15-2009 at 02:07 PM.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

but I got smart...I started bringing in my Agent Zero-M stuff instead.
    But my parents wouldn't let me use my 007 Attache' case as a school bag....dang!
    Last edited by TenTigers; 10-15-2009 at 02:11 PM.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    In 8th grade,my friends and I also brought a whole bunch of toy guns into school, cuz we thought it'd be cool to play "Army" in the hallways.
    We got caught-of course. No detention, not even a phone call to our parents. The principal confiscated our "weapons," and told us if we wanted them back, we could come in with our parents to claim them. So..his kids got a whole bunch of cool toys, including my Mattel M16 Marauder.

yep...I was a weird kid...

http://users.rcn.com/ed.ma.ultranet/toyguns.html
    are you into modern airsoft at all? lots of fun toys there now days.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    are you into modern airsoft at all? lots of fun toys there now days.
    no, not yet. You would think I'd have gotten into paintball too. It's on my list.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

This is really messed up

Liverpool Kung Fu teacher accused of sexual abuse of two girls
    Nov 3 2009 by Laura Sharpe, Liverpool Echo

A KUNG Fu instructor allegedly sexually assaulted two girls during an “anti-rape” class.

Peter Channell, 60, is accused of touching both girls in a sexual manner and forcing them to touch him.

He allegedly touched the 11-year-old inappropriately, kissing her on the neck and asking her to undress in front of him.

He is also accused of partly undressing a nine-year-old and kissing her neck.

Channell, who teaches at the Lee Shan Kung Fu Club, in South Road, Waterloo, denies the accusations.

David Owen, prosecuting, told Liverpool crown court Channell taught Kung Fu moves under the “pretence” of helping the girls in an anti-rape class.

Mr Owen said: “On one occasion, he asked her to lie down on the crash mat, put his hand under her top and rubbed her in the pretence it was a sexual assault.”

He added: “He kissed their necks and got them to rub him, saying ‘this is what will happen for real’.”

Mr Owen said the nine-year-old claimed Channell persuaded her to touch him as part of a Kung Fu move as he lay back with his eyes closed.

Channell, of Handfield Road, Waterloo, was arrested by police last year and denied all allegations.

He provided officers with a handwritten document outlining the programme of moves he had planned to teach the two girls.

Mr Owen said: “The pages show the detail and degree of deceit in his perverted sexual desires.

“Looking at it more closely, it gives a disturbing insight into his approach.”

Mr Owen read out to the court more than 20 different moves which involved “kicks to the groin”.

“Move eight” said “kiss person so he relaxes more, then cup to groin”, while “move 13” said “girl on top... relax man... punch groin”.

Mr Owen asked the jury whether it was appropriate for Channell to teach such moves to two young girls.

He said the moves were never going to be legitimate but were “merely a guise for Mr Channell to assault these two girls”.

Mr Owen said Channell had praised the girls lavishly and made them feel special before “luring them in”.

He said the 11-year-old felt uncomfortable with some of the things Channell asked her do and kept going to the toilet to get away from him.

The case originally came to court on July 6 but was adjourned after the two girls made more allegations.

Channell is on bail with the condition he does not teach or train without another instructor.
    The kicker is this last sentence. It implies that he can teach again as long as there's another instructor present.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

wow thats totally messed up. its cases like these that make vigilantism something desirable.

im sure the 'other instructor' will be just as big of a dirt bag.

translation: two adult males will be sexually abusing small girls instead of just 1....

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

a word comes to mind

castration
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

word.

we need to bring the eunuch back in style...

The other side of the story

More to come, perhaps.
    Waterloo Kung Fu instructor denies sexually assaulting young girls
    Nov 11 2009 by Ben Rossington, Liverpool Echo

A KUNG Fu instructor denied sexually assaulting two young girls as he taught them “anti-rape” techniques.

Peter Channell, 60, is accused of touching both girls in a sexual manner and forcing them to touch him.

But at Liverpool crown court yesterday, the instructor denied doing anything inappropriate.

Channell explained the techniques he had taught the girls – aged nine and 11 – during lessons last year.

He said he was teaching them to target weak points on any would-be attacker, including the groin, throat, eyes and nose.

It is alleged he touched the 11-year-old inappropriately, kissing her on the neck and asking her to undress in front of him.

He is also accused of partly undressing the younger girl and kissing her neck.

Teresa Loftus, defending, asked her client: “Did you ever take [the girl’s] hand and move it on to your groin? Or ask her to rub around the groin area?”

Channell, who teaches at the Lee Shan Kung Fu Club, in South Road, Waterloo, replied: “No, you never take a child’s hand and put it anywhere.”

He also denied asking the girls if they wanted to be naked while learning a technique that involved them being blindfolded.

When asked how he thought the day with the younger girl had gone, Channell, of Handfield Road, Waterloo, said: “She was a star. She had fun.”

The training began at just after 10am and finished at around 6.30pm, the court heard.

David Owen, prosecuting, said: “If you didn’t sexually assault them, what have you done to them?” Channell replied: “Not a clue. It has got me. I taught them Kung Fu techniques to help them with their lives in the future.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

And from the MMA world

Don't know this fighter. Anyone follow this league?
    Ex-martial arts fighter sentenced in drug case
    November 11, 2009, 6:59 AM / 0 comments

A former professional mixed martial arts fighter who admitted to drug crimes was sentenced to seven years and six months in federal prison Tuesday afternoon.

Deron Adams, 31, who was arrested at his Blasdell home in March 2008, was sentenced by U. S. District Judge William M. Skretny.

Adams admitted to two felony counts of cocaine distribution and a charge of possessing a gun in furtherence of a drug crime, Assistant U. S. Attorney Mary Clare Kane said.

Adams also agreed to forfeit a car, $18,000 cash and a firearm. He was arrested after an investigation by the U. S. Drug Enforcement Administration, Lackawanna police, Blasdell police and Hamburg police, Kane said.

A former star athlete at Lackawanna High School, Adams used to compete in mixed martial arts events sponsored by the World Fighting League, police said.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips