Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tales of Gong Sau and Karate Masters

Went to the school tonight as invited, during his adult class. For the 1 on 1 match.

When we get there I call him, no answer. 3x, no answer. Rather, we see his students chest thumping and jumping around like idiots in the school.

Shouting to come inside, where they could brawl. No thank you, I left John Benedict (the "Sensei") a messgae saying that we did not agree to have a group brawl, but a 1 on 1 match.

He instead hid behind his students in a circle jerk.

With that said I will note that his son is doing his first MMA fight in NJ in Sept. That along with the fact they claim to be an MMA school means I will try to get on a card against one of them.

They can facilitate this by answering the open challenge I have posted in quite a few places.

Plenty of local shows will hold an open weight, limited rules match for us in a legitimate show. SEIGI DAI DOJO can answer the challenge easily as they are aware of it.

Don't forget to join one of the many groups! The power of social networking:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5705441&ref=nf

if everythings the way it would seem, thats pretty disgraceful. i thought he was a karate master.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    right....Traditional, what like this? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CgpLsgWbKT...ith%2BTits.jpg

lol man, that is pretty disturbing.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    lol man, that is pretty disturbing.
    cackles like Flavor Flav in the PE days

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    if everythings the way it would seem, thats pretty disgraceful. i thought he was a karate master.
    What's disgraceful is airing the whole thing here.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Over and above anything else, the karate sensei, who incidentally has set himself up as an upholder of an honour system and a teacher of children, physically and criminally assaulted someone. He should be the one apologising, or he should lose all his business.

I'll humour you. Why? Why should it not have been aired here?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

it's times like these that I find myself very conflicted about living on Long Island, LOL

(and I believe that the dojo in question is about a 15 min. drive from my house)

well, karate guy does have the option of shutting the guy up I guess.

+ karate guy hasn't had his chance to tell his side, we've only heard from Li Guy so far. One sided stories are always only half the story.

Hey it's about martial arts right?
    Fair game if you promote yourself as a master, then you should be able to step up.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Master is not what you call yourself, it's what people whom respect you call you.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Hey, what's awesome is that even though I do only have half the story, I am willing to get into a competition bout with any of his guys.
    Plenty of shows would have it, we could even get it as an open weight class limited rules bout.

He advertises as being better then MMA at MMA fighting, just read his website.

His son is having an MMA fight soon in NJ.

So regardless of my being right or wrong, it could all be settled by a ring match in the style they claim to teach and are now competing in.

It's easy to do, it's also easy to avoid.

You missed something.

You walked into a man's business

making a business proposal (Inviting his paying students to your paying tournament.)

When the man made a counter proposal "what's in it for me."

you became offended.

He ****ed you off, you ****ed him off, he hit you.

He is an ******* and you could have been a bit more respectful and receptive of his needs?

After all you came to him asking him for something, he did not come to you?

You both could have dealt with it better?
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    You missed something.

You walked into a man's business

making a business proposal (Inviting his paying students to your paying tournament.)

When the man made a counter proposal "what's in it for me."

you became offended.

He ****ed you off, you ****ed him off, he hit you.

He is an ******* and you could have been a bit more respectful and receptive of his needs?

After all you came to him asking him for something, he did not come to you?

You both could have dealt with it better?
    you make some valid points LHK and reading through this, I see Li Guy as instigating and baiting somewhat based on those exact observations. But I still haven't heard karate guy's side.

Li Guy, why don't you enter that tournament his son is in and try to see if you can get carded with him?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

His son is not in a tournament but an MMA show. I will try and get on that card against him but he already has an opponent.
    Furthermore, I have done some underground shows so may not be able to fight ammy in NJ anymore.
    We could still have a match in PA, CT, MA, or more conveniently for everyone in any of the LI/NYC based shows.

Also, of course it is offensive to think he should be paid to enter a tournament. Especially a $25 tourny that garuntees at least 2 matches.
    Would NAGA or GQ pay for entrants? No, and they cost $80!

His reasoning for paying him wasn't even just "well why should my guys do the tourney?"...it was "you need a man of my prescence for a successfull event, you have no idea who I am do you?" I swear the guy told me to ask everyone about him, they would tell me how great of a master/living legend he is lol. Just too ****y and egotistical.
    Went on about how I must not be aware of his reputation, how I need him, etc. What a joke.

And yes, LHK, I could have left and had it be over with perhaps, but why not call him out on his delusions? Problem with people today is they do not call people on their crazy behavior or bluffs.

Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1 View Post
    And yes, LHK, I could have left and had it be over with perhaps, but why not call him out on his delusions? Problem with people today is they do not call people on their crazy behavior or bluffs.
    I agree with you there.

But.

Most little strip mall/ storefront Karate/Kung Fu places are not temples of martial virtue.

They're just businesses.

That guy and his attitude are a lot of what's wrong with martial art today...

Oh yea, about delusions? Some people especially some Martial Arts people.
    That's all they got
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 07-24-2009 at 08:45 AM.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi