hey thanks for the reference.

SPOILERS:

Last night before heading to bed I watched the Brazil: Jiu Jitsu episode

Those lucky guys got to train at the gracie academy in brazil.

the mma (jimmy) guy was already a purple belt in bjj, so he got thrown into the mix more so than the other guy (doug).

to showcase the technique of jiujitsu they had doug roll with a female champion. she tied him up with ease.

Of course, in Brazil, both guys lost their final fights. Jimmy had a purple belt match, but his right arm was hyperextended pretty bad, because his opponent didnt notice his tap.

Doug did pretty good for having only 5 days of bjj training, going up against a green belt i think.

You could tell how stoked jimmy was, being a bjj purple belt, to be able to not only train at the gracie academy in Brazil, but to also get the good fortune to meet 3 of the gracie family, and to recieve personal pointers from them. I forget what gracies however.

pretty good episode.

so far its been probably my favorite MA tv show. as its not only educational, but its real. they actually fight in what ever format they are training in and try their best to adhere to the rules. some they win some they lose, but its a pretty good, realistic, insight to the mariad martial arts of the world.

i believe its a Discovery Channel show. beats FOX.....lol