Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP David Carradine

i can't wait to see what is written about my ultimate demise...

my kids actually like Kung Fu tv series.

wow, considering that they were born and raised in the states.

they picked up alot of Daoism and Buddhist things from me of course.

--

however, the flashback was sort of too long and sometimes distracting or too distant in the storylines.

--

the favorite episode was starred by Jodie Foster.

she told the truth--

--

Judo stuff played well with the stories.

--

DC. rest in peace.

my kids remember you.

i am sure that dave doesn't really give a sh!t what anyone says at this point.

Uki

Your comments regarding Carradine are some the most vile things I have ever read. Kharma will not let those things go unpunished.

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    Your comments regarding Carradine are some the most vile things I have ever read.
    wow. do you read much?
    Kharma will not let those things go unpunished.
    listen lassy... karma is my footstool. once you transcend it, you can do whatever you want with it.

from ohio... your third post... do you work for the FBI or something?

Uki and LK must be having their own demons to fight they talk a good game but wouldnt even be teaching were it not for DC. No one has heard of them and they are just jealous of DC because he is not or was not a real Kung fu guy but more know him for it than people know Lk or Uki for what they do. You guys are the ones that brought up about a Thai Boy must be your own guilt speaking here. One should not speak ill of the dead but it just kills you guyas that 2 seconds after you are dead no one will speak of or remember you at all. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Pop Icon indeed. Just a man, just a role. Typecast and bitter? Perhaps.

RIP Grasshopper.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    You A$$e$ that are disrespectful to the dead will end up the same way some day with no one to be there when you die.
    and who was there when david died? when we die, we won't really give a sh!t now will we? we'll... technically... if we die and our bowels were full, we should "defeciate" ourselves as our last breath expires - this could create a minor mess for those who will have to ultimately clean it up, but in the end, poop from dead bodies washes off with some soap and water.

Thumbs down

The people I deal with don't give a rat's rear end about Carradine, much of the world has moved on from Carradine and "Kung Fu"

Others still have screen names derived from a 30 year old series

Kwaichang is the one with personal demons, after all, who is hiding behind a fake screen name, pretending to be a shaolin monk and a hitman?

and dude, assuming Carradine was guy and like boys, why are you so upset? LIke I said, your own homophobia rearing its ugly head
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I'm pretty sure that if Kwaichang had been in the room, he woud have rolled in Carradine's last bit of feces and reveled in it!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Uki and LK must be having their own demons to fight they talk a good game but wouldnt even be teaching were it not for DC. No one has heard of them and they are just jealous of DC because he is not or was not a real Kung fu guy but more know him for it than people know Lk or Uki for what they do. You guys are the ones that brought up about a Thai Boy must be your own guilt speaking here. One should not speak ill of the dead but it just kills you guyas that 2 seconds after you are dead no one will speak of or remember you at all. KC
    oh sweet jesus you are fuking killing me here... boo-fuuking-hoo... two seconds after i am dead i won't give a rats a$$ what people are saying or not saying about me... people like you are missing your life because you are too concerned on how everyone else is living their lives as if you can measure it up to yours. transparency is called so for a reason... you might want to invest in some window tint.
    Last edited by uki; 06-04-2009 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    The people I deal with don't give a rat's rear end
    i swear i read this post after i posted my post.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Shame! The man had his faults
    as do we all; and those personal faults, whatever they were, are not the topic of this discussion; it is his public persona - you know, the fabrication - that is being commented on

but he was a talented actor
    are you joking? he was a horrible actor; you're kidding, right?

and promoted KF in the US.
    no, he promoted HIMSELF; the kung fu promotion was incidental - it's just the only thing that worked for him over time, because he was not a good enough ACTOR to get any other roles - it's called typecasting, maybe you've heard of it?; why can't you understand that? he was NOT a CMA practitioner, he was an ACTOR playing a CMA practitioner; if he really was serious about CMA, he would have practiced it irrespective of his ACTING;

about five years ago I met David and his son (I believe) at a convention. He was aloof and didn't really seem like he wanted to be there. That's okay.....some of us are just like that.
    so, basically, he shows up at a venue where he is supposed to be interacting amicably with fans; but instead he's aloof and acting like he didn't want to be there - and you justify it as ok, because he is "just like that"?!? wow...

as for "disrespecting" the dead - why is ok to reasonably critique someone while he was alive, but now that he's not, it's not ok? that would as logical as saying that someone who was a great CMA-ist while he was alive, but now that he's passed, you can say that he sucked ; truth is truth, alive or dead; if someone wants to be "respected" once they have passed, especially if they base their public persona on it, then they should act in a manner that warrants respect during their life; certainly, it is sad for his family / friends that he is gone, but none of us are his family / friends - we are talking about his public persona, which is what we all knew; and why, now that he is passed, suddenly an honest critique of his public persona is "off limits" is just absurd;

it's those of you who like to jump on the morally indignant bandwagon are the ones who should be ashamed; if you guys want to go lament the passing of a truly worthy CMA practitioner, try the thread for the late Sifu Martello, someone who's true contribution to CMA infinitely exceeded DC's

I tire if your attitudes and stupidity. I enjoyed Kung fu so much I started when the show started or was 1st aired. I have continued to this day. without halt. I dont care what you Morons think or say however I will say this I am not phobic of LK so I must not be what he claims I am. As he only knows what he has learned from others greater than him. So you can all GTH KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !