Page 67 of 243 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3641

Thread: OT: does obama bring change?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I've seen the video.
    hmmm... well so far not even the most sophisticated of the worlds armies can even get close enough to him to take a pock shot, so does it really matter how well you claim he can shoot a gun... obviously he doesn't have much to worry about.

and who took the footage of that video? if an intelligence agent, why did they not take him out then? who delivered this video? oh wait... let me guess... it's top secret classified information that would be a vital threat to our national security if revealed...

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    hmmm... well so far not even the most sophisticated of the worlds armies can even get close enough to him to take a pock shot, so does it really matter how well you claim he can shoot a gun... obviously he doesn't have much to worry about.

and who took the footage of that video? if an intelligence agent, why did they not take him out then? who delivered this video? oh wait... let me guess... it's top secret classified information that would be a vital threat to our national security if revealed...
    No... it was on the news a while back. Sorry you missed it.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I always look at state-controlled media for my information!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    This friend of mind sent me an Email about a group he belongs too on his Facebook page. It's called "Soldiers are not heros". I went there and it's F'ing GREAT!!!!!!
    Calling you a piece of garbage is an insult to garbage everywhere.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Calling you a piece of garbage is an insult to garbage everywhere.
    I think BD is a contrarian. He goes against this stuff for the attention and the rise. People will pay attention to him if he does something stupid like insult soldiers. It's a way of getting attention.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

People will pay attention to him if he does something stupid like insult soldiers. It's a way of getting attention.
    And you know he doesn't have the balls to say it to their faces.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I always look at state-controlled media for my information!
    yes, because you can always trust the state...

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    And you know he doesn't have the balls to say it to their faces.
    I would love for Mr. neolib to say it to my sons face.
    BQ

At least Simon, David and others show a lot of intelligence and bring up good points in their post.

No... it was on the news a while back. Sorry you missed it.
    whoa then... so it must be true, it was on the news...

i have chosen to remain without cable, satellite, or commercial television for nearly 15 years... the obvious reasons being that i like to think for my self and make up my own mind.

i have chosen to remain without cable, satellite, or commercial television for nearly 15 years... the obvious reasons being that i like to think for my self and make up my own mind.
    err...that is the same with any media source. Books, Internet, Newspapers...all have a biased twist.

How do you gather your information Uki? Clearly it is not from first hand experience...so you too must gather it from a "news" source.

Not reading the news does not help you make up your own mind...but rather ignore what is going on around you.

I find it better to inform yourself with mutiple sources...better than living in a cave with no sources at all.

last edit!: The idea to "think for yourself" is not to start out in a cave...with no previous knowledge passed down to you. The idea is to take in sources...and make a judgment based on all the facts you find. Even biased information can prove helpful:
    Last edited by Exadon; 03-09-2009 at 09:27 AM.

What I don't think people realize is that people like Rush Limbaugh supports Ward Churchill. Because if Ward is denied his right to freedom of speech then can Limpy's radio show be far behind?
    Even if the motivation for pursuing him for his misdeeds was political, even if it was because of the incendiary things Churchill says specifically, trying to avoid dismissal for plagiarism on a freedom of speech basis is about as valid as applying for tenure while lying by claiming to be a member of a minority ethnicity.

3 charges of ghostwriting and attribution of authorship, under “standards” the
    Committee never could identify. The author whose work was supposedly
    plagiarized never accused Ward Churchill of doing so.
    These standards are so standard that the entire academic community (apparently excluding Churchill) knows them in and out before the end of the first semester of their BA.

They are this:

NEVER CLAIM ANOTHER PERSON'S WORDS AS YOUR OWN. ALWAYS REFERENCE THE NAME OF THE SOURCE OF THE QUOTATION AND THE LOCATION THAT THE QUOTATION WAS DRAWN FROM.

You never answered my question: What business is this for yours? You're not a resident of Colorado (Thank God). You have no ties to the university.
    You made it everybody's business by posting about the d@mn plagiarist on a public thread.

He also published articles under false names so that he could then cite them as independent sources for work he published under his own name.
    That's a particularly noxious form of academic fraud.
    Last edited by SimonM; 03-09-2009 at 09:59 AM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Exadon View Post
    err...that is the same with any media source. Books, Internet, Newspapers...all have a biased twist.

How do you gather your information Uki? Clearly it is not from first hand experience...so you too must gather it from a "news" source.

Not reading the news does not help you make up your own mind...but rather ignore what is going on around you.

I find it better to inform yourself with mutiple sources...better than living in a cave with no sources at all.

last edit!: The idea to "think for yourself" is not to start out in a cave...with no previous knowledge passed down to you. The idea is to take in sources...and make a judgment based on all the facts you find. Even biased information can prove helpful:
    the difference between the commercial television and the internet is that i have the ability to read what i want from a variety of sources, without the distraction of subtle brainwashing techniques and commercials promoting ridiculous products... the television in itself is not the problem, the problem is the fact that all the major channels are owned by the same entities... there is never a different view point on the news... none... CNN, FOX, BBC, etc, all have the same exact stories with the same exact agenda behind them... i agree with having multiple sources of information, it makes better for making ones own mind up on the subjects... not to mention all the ridiculous television shows that are also used to promote a certain ideology that co-relates with the media news... television is merely a hypnotic distraction, without having it on in my house all these years has allowed myself and my family to fill our heads with much more than the average sludge lamblasted across the big blue screen, has allowed us more time to do other things together as a family, and has allowed us to live our lives more fully and with a more open mind without nit being filled with the constant trash that flickers on screen. i read news from ALL sources, not just the ones here in america... i have a planetary mind, not a nationalistic mind.

mind up on the subjects... not to mention all the ridiculous television shows
    Too bad...missing out on family guy

Quote Originally Posted by Siu Lum Fighter View Post
    Did anyone mention that Iraq has the second largest oil reserve in the world? How conveeeenient.
    Third actually... but Canada's is much more expensive to exploit.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.