Thread: The economy is really getting bad

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    Bro, I hate to keep harping on you, but you keep saying things that blatantly untrue. I don't care where your affiliations lie, but please don't misrepresent the truth to do so. Here's an article from Time breaking out what part Obama plays in the stimulus plan, and what part Congress plays. If you just don't know this stuff, educate yourself before you post. If you already know this then shame on you for using lies to support your argument.
    If you're talking to me, then you need to educate yourself. Here is Obama calling it "his economic plan":

"President Barack Obama said Thursday that "the scale and the scope" of his economic plan is right, turning up the heat on critics he said were hawking "phony arguments" and "false theories of the past" to chip away at the bill's programs."

And here he is rejecting cutting the spending/pork on it and rejecting putting more tax cuts in it (notice the income tax cut he promised 95% of us is still missing):

"Obama rejected calls for more tax cuts and significant slashing of the bill's more than $800 billion price tag, and said complaints the package was a spending bill rather than a stimulus bill were off base."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/...lus/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    This is where Obama's next big test lies: the President may not be able to claim authorship of the bill, but an aggressive editor can change a lot. The question is whether the White House will accept the Hill's arguments for what is needed to pass the bill, effectively letting the Democratic committee leaders price the value of Obama's political capital, or whether the Administration will see for itself what the market will bear.
    I think my link just answered those questions of yours.
    Last edited by 1bad65; 02-06-2009 at 08:12 AM.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams