Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's all be honest...

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Am I a great fighter? ...No.
    Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel
    Am I a better fighter than before? ...Yes.
    And that is what it is all about meaning individual improvement, that is, we strive to be better than we were!

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel
    Can I destroy most people in this forum? ...Yep!
    Well that ain´t saying much is it?
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 01-22-2009 at 08:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    What kind of preparation do we need depends on what kind of threaten that we are facing today. Today we are facing the following problems:

- Punch to the head.
    - Front or side kick.
    - low or high round house kick.
    - Leg shooting.

If we can concentrate our training on solving those problems daily, then we should have no problem to face any street violation.

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Am I a great fighter? ...No.

Am I a better fighter than before? ...Yes.

Can I destroy most people in this forum? ...Yep!
    thanks for the inaugaration text...people at work thought it was funny!

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    What kind of preparation do we need depends on what kind of threaten that we are facing today. Today we are facing the following problems:

- Punch to the head.
    - Front or side kick.
    - low or high round house kick.
    - Leg shooting.

If we can concentrate our training on solving those problems daily, then we should have no problem to face any street violation.

.................................................. ................................

I think that our hard work in training can develop us as better humans, stronger humans. The hard work we do in one area of our life ripples into other areas, as does laziness. Our training builds our spirit, our will, our mind, our overall strength. I am not the same person I was before I found kung fu. I have done things I never thought I would do. (In a good way)

I think fighting is necessary, in my opinion, why else have we been sharpening our tools through practice, aren’t we all curious if any of the stuff we practice works? If not than tiger shullmans would be packed with students, oh wait.

Boulderdawg said
    However I'm under no illusion that I'm going to be some sort of great fighting master or even a very good one.....I'm okay with that

If that is what you want fine, but I think there is a difference between being under an illusion, and being confident about what you want. If someone wants to be a great master, go for it, you can do it, but you must believe you can first, we are much more powerfull than we believe, in my opinion

Unyama, said
    I'll never be great at it
    Really? Why not? Do you not want to be great at it? I do, and I will. You wont as long as you keep thinking you won’t

On a side note, ten tigers I never knew how well versed you were in the lineage of analingus. Ha
    Last edited by eomonroe00; 01-23-2009 at 10:09 PM.
    Set your mind.
    Refuse to be weak,
    Refuse to be sick,
    Refuse to die.
    Think that you are strong and you are

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    wiki, son. wiki.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    Is our martial art really preparing us for that emotional fantastical violent street confrontation? Or are most of us(including the ones who think they don't belong to this group) doing it as a hobby?
    Hobby for me.

More for the physical fitness aspect and having a byproduct of being able to defend myself.

But really for self defense, its all about having a firearm. I have a Concealed Carry license and carry everywhere it is legal.

So best time to get me hand to hand is at schools zones, federal building, churches and INSIDE a bar.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

sheesh

I leave for ten seconds and all the stupid jokes start coming. Since mine are equally dumb I guess I can't complain.

Where do I start?

Attributes:

1. Keeping cool under pressure: Anyone who has ever gotten hit knows how this feels. It sucks. I like to think I'm a fukin rock star in the martial arts...until that day comes when a newb hits me or if it's that really bad day everyone be hitting me. As soon as it starts happening I notice my breath get all funky. So I have to concentrate and bring it back down to the kidneys and not tense up. Keeping this patient mindset I tend to make my partner tired and frustrated cause he is tensing up. It's too bad there isn't a grand ultimate state of enlightenment that we can live in 24/7 cause then I could just mind over matter my opponents like Darth Vader and feel great. Getting hit makes us give up the luxury of superiority, having complacency in our acquired awesome skill levels, and makes us want to move forward. I think this could be definitely transferred to the workplace, maybe not all the time, but hopefully some of the time. They say the best thing to do is walk away safely from a fight with the least amount of damage. I've taken that and applied it to my relationship. My girl gets biatchy and moody...I walk away to safety and out the door(not always but sometimes she is just so darn irrational).

2. Terrain sensitivity: I am a much better walker now than before. My feet feel and grip the ground better. My balance is pretty good which I give credit to stance training and just footwork in general. I still get the occasional tripping over the uprooted sidewalk accompanied by the sweating and hoping no one saw it. But I don't fall ever! Here's a funny story. I was walking around Manhattan once and was checking out this really hot chick while crossing the street. I made sure to check the traffic...but looked the wrong way since I was distracted and almost got hit. Now I know why they never used to let women be on the ship with sailors.

Keep in mind that I am not saying that people training to fight/self defense are better than martial hobbyists. Not at all. I'm saying that most of us fall into the hobbyists group and there's nothing wrong with that. Martial arts as a hobby is much more useful than...drinking or gambling for instance. The side benefit is the attributes that we've been listing which could benefit us in all aspects of our life including self defense.
    Last edited by SavvySavage; 01-24-2009 at 12:46 PM.

a very smart man told me the better your cardio conditioning is the better you can recover from a solid hit, or shock to the body like a car crash, your stamina could literally save your life.
    Set your mind.
    Refuse to be weak,
    Refuse to be sick,
    Refuse to die.

theres something some hobby experts cant understand is i am the predator and you are the prey
    some people ave a predator mentality some people have a prey mentality
    Last edited by bawang; 01-24-2009 at 11:57 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    1. Keeping cool under pressure: Anyone who has ever gotten hit knows how this feels. It sucks. I like to think I'm a fukin rock star in the martial arts...until that day comes when a newb hits me or if it's that really bad day everyone be hitting me.

I see getting hit as a learning experience. There are other things that cause me to lose my cool sparring. For example we have this one guy in our school who's not that great to begin with...In the middle of sparring this guy will step back, wave his arm in the air and start giggling like a little girl...They are guys at my school who are absolutely ready to go off on this idiot!

Hola

Eomonroe,

The amount of butt you kiss is amazing. A wiseman this, a smart man that, etc. Have some self respect man.

mysterious power

Don't be a *****! Eomonroe could be talking about long dead masters. That's just paying homage to the ancestors. Now light some incense and get back to the discussion at hand.

You've been moderated

mysterious power,
    i guarantee you have no idea who's but i am kissing,
    self respect being linked to referencing people who have had an impact on your life, hmmm, i dont see the link?
    Last edited by eomonroe00; 01-25-2009 at 07:34 PM.
    Set your mind.
    Refuse to be weak,
    Refuse to be sick,
    Refuse to die.

the martial arts that i train in prepare me for confrontation, correct.

next topic!
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.