Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes Vs. Smallville

LOL! I chose blunderbusses from hot-air balloons suspended above a lake of molten lava!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

At this stage, no one has gotten my "eye" on either show.
    Sure Eric Durance has that "I'll ride you till you're drained" style and Ali Larter can probably suck start a lawn mower, nevertheless, I am still "waiting".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Challenge Accepted...

That's fine, but I feel you must be warned:

The Vietnamese in me gives me +5 attack, defense, and agility in temperatures above 80 F.

Let's get it on.

ROTFL! I should warn you that all Canadians are trained in the use of the blunderbuss from the cradle in case our noisy neighbours from the south decide to invade again.

Sanjuro Ronin will back me up on this.

And you can keep Ali Larter but I'll agree on Erica Durance.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

i just watched the 2 most recent episodes of heroes. i thought they were alright.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I have not yet but I heart that <spoiler> everybody loses their powers because of some freaky eclipse.
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I have not yet but I heart that <spoiler> everybody loses their powers because of some freaky eclipse.
    ya dude SPOILER:

2 of them die during the eclipse and everything changes. i wont say more than that though.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

If <spoiler> one of them is Peter's awful father, especially if it leads to Peter getting his powers back I'll be happy. I didn't particularly like that plot twist.
    Simon McNeil

ROTFL! I should warn you that all Canadians are trained in the use of the blunderbuss from the cradle in case our noisy neighbours from the south decide to invade again.

Sanjuro Ronin will back me up on this.

And you can keep Ali Larter but I'll agree on Erica Durance.
    Its how we roll biotches !!!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

See

Simon McNeil

Wah...

....and here I thought the only thing I had to fear from you wascly Canadians were empty beer bottles and hockey sticks.

And the occasional moose encounter.

(I'm not even going to go near the whole bacon and ham confusion.....eh)

LOL Canada has more firearms per capita than the USA. The big difference is that we didn't enshrine firearm ownership as a right in our constitution and see it as a privilege that can be taken away if you misbehave with your gun.

But, yeah, what do you think we use to SHOOT those giant rocky mountain deer with? Hockey sticks?

Speaking of moose encounters...

My wife and I were camping in Algonquin provincial park and were having a swim. A bull moose, probably a two year old, was strolling along the bank of the lake when a little boy on a bicycle biked head first into the lake in front of the moose (who he didn't see) and making a terrible racket. The bull moose panicked. And moose are BIG. That was actually slightly nerve wracking.
    Last edited by SimonM; 12-05-2008 at 07:45 AM.
    Simon McNeil

But, yeah, what do you think we use to SHOOT those giant rocky mountain deer with? Hockey sticks?
    Truthfully, I kind of imagined the whole pack attack strategy that they used to use on Wolly Mammoths. Lure it against a mountain face or into a giant pit, and then make it rain slapshots.

Whoever lands the killing blow gets to eat the brains. Right?

On a serious note, I do love Canadians. In a bit of relevance Kristen Kreuk is Canadian. And so is Grace Park.

Any nation that spawns delicacies like that, is alright by me. I would be more than happy to pump their petrol for them*.

*I originally left that as "pump their petrol.", but though that sounded a little dirty. I also thought it was hilarious enough to explain.
    Last edited by nolte13; 12-05-2008 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Something sounded dirty, which I didn't mean

ROTFL!

Oil is a dirty business.
    Simon McNeil

You went exactly in the direction I was trying to avoid...

And I can only commend you for it sir.

Beautiful.....