Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kahp Choih Video

To support your comment;

My teacher never had said "Oh, we don't do that..." when looking at a technique. He didn't talk about what any style 'can't' do. He only talked about more and more ways to hit or kill someone. If he saw anyone else do a technique he either said "Good-la" or No Good-La". That was it. He liked every style out there including Karate.

He didn't look at himself (nor do I) as a CLF Man or a Lama Man or a Hung Kuyhn Man...

And neither did any of my classmates. We all just thought of him as a 'killing machine' of whom you didn't want to get on his bad side.

He learned lots of different styles, it's a long list. The ones I know of that he taught and practiced are mentioned here;

Choy Lay Fut
    Lama Pai
    Hung Kuyhn
    Mok Ga
    Nam Ying Jow
    Bok Mei
    Ngok Fei Pai
    Hung Mok
    Hung Fut
    Law Mei Pai (bet'cha never heard 'O that one)
    Seh Ying Kuyhn (A style consisting of 3 hand forms and 3 weapons)
    Bao Ying Kuyhn (his friend was the head of the style)
    Cha Kuyhn

And there might be more. I personally learned stuff from almost all these styles here, with obviously greater emphasis on CLF and Lama.

People need to get off their style's 'dick' so to speak and focus more on the development of themselves as Kung-Fu artists/practioners/fighters.

The minute you hear a Kung-Fu guy go; "well, we don't do that in our style" especially when it's a viable technique...you gotta laugh.

PS I'm just kidding about the secrets...lol. We don't have any. We may know some stuff that a lot of other people don't, but we don't have any secrets.
    Last edited by Lama Pai Sifu; 09-28-2008 at 04:37 PM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    might be a pronounciation of Ngor Mei Pai (omei, or Ermei in Manderin)which either is, or includes (depending on wh you're talking to at the moment) Bak Mei, Loong Ying, Hakka Kuen, etc.
    A former Sifu taught a version of Bak Mei, which he referred to as Ngor Mei P'ai.
    (he also knew CTS, so who knows?)
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Not Ngor mei pai...

Law Mei Pai. trust me.

thanks as usual, good work.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

just wondering....only because in Cantonese dialects, in many words, L and N are interchangable, such as nau ma/lau ma, cum na/cum la, "lei ho ma"/"nei ho ma",etc. depending on where you are from. I guess the only way to be sure is if you have the han-ji/chinese characters. Cool info, nonetheless.

Hey, ya sure he wasn't saying Law Mai Gai? (also pronounced Naw Mai Gai)
    maybe he was just ordering lunch!
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Yes, but it is not just an L or N.

NGOR MEI

LAW MEI

I do understand the difference.

Mike,

Hate to break it to you, but they ARE the same thing

Ngoh Mei
    Law Mei
    o-mei most commonly
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Mike,

Hate to break it to you, but they ARE the same thing

Ngoh Mei
    Law Mei
    o-mei most commonly
    then I'm retarded.

I've seen O-Mei Pai, and it's nothing like what he showed me was Law Mei Pai.

I understand the whole " Nam/Lam Pai " thing. I stand corrected then. I did not think it was the same though.

Sorry Ten Tigers, my mistake then.

To support your comment;

My teacher never had said "Oh, we don't do that..." when looking at a technique. He didn't talk about what any style 'can't' do. He only talked about more and more ways to hit or kill someone. If he saw anyone else do a technique he either said "Good-la" or No Good-La". That was it. He liked every style out there including Karate.

He didn't look at himself (nor do I) as a CLF Man or a Lama Man or a Hung Kuyhn Man...

And neither did any of my classmates. We all just thought of him as a 'killing machine' of whom you didn't want to get on his bad side.

He learned lots of different styles, it's a long list. The ones I know of that he taught and practiced are mentioned here;

Choy Lay Fut
    Lama Pai
    Hung Kuyhn
    Mok Ga
    Nam Ying Jow
    Bok Mei
    Ngok Fei Pai
    Hung Mok
    Hung Fut
    Seh Ying Kuyhn (A style consisting of 3 hand forms and 3 weapons)
    Bao Ying Kuyhn (his friend was the head of the style)
    Cha Kuyhn

And there might be more. I personally learned stuff from almost all these styles here, with obviously greater emphasis on CLF and Lama.

People need to get off their style's 'dick' so to speak and focus more on the development of themselves as Kung-Fu artists/practioners/fighters.

The minute you hear a Kung-Fu guy go; "well, we don't do that in our style" especially when it's a viable technique...you gotta laugh.

PS I'm just kidding about the secrets...lol. We don't have any. We may know some stuff that a lot of other people don't, but we don't have any secrets.
    Obviously nothing but a glorified cross-trainer that never stayed long enough to learn the true hidden meaning in a single MA.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

no problemo!
    Cantonese is a difficult language. Between the N and L thing, the way certain words are used because they sound better, such as tehk, geurk, and tuei, all used for describing kicks. Jik tek, waang geurk,sow tuei. and all the tones, it gets very confusing for us gwailos, or anyone who hasn't grown up with it.
    My ear constantly has trouble distinguishing the different tones.
    Take the word, "sik," for example. Depending on the tone,high,middle,low, rising,falling,etc., "Sik" can mean to know, to eat, color,dice
    I say I'd like to eat something, and they hand me crayons.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Sifu Parella:

Would it be possible to see a video focusing on the footwork aspect of CLF/Lama? How to use and attack with angles, how to enter your opponent's zone, how to evade if he's coming in at you, etc, etc.

Thanks

i wanna see a paau video

Quote Originally Posted by htowndragon View Post
    i wanna see a paau video
    Here is some T'Pau : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H10I3ukSre4
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Another one....

Many styles use Kahp..Lama's take on it is much different.

Remember this; Lama Pai was most likely the style that first developed Kahp. I say most likely because we don't have written proof, but it is one of the core tech of our style and it is coupled with other similiar strikes of the same type.

Plus we all know the "Ten Tigers" story, Wong Yan Lum was the #1 guy, Wong Fei Hung's Dad and other key people shared info with each other. As Wong was obviously Kick Ass, many of his tech were assimiliated (borg reference) into the other styles.

Anyway, here it is.

Kahp Choih

Enjoy.
    The footwork is the same but I was taught to use the index and middle knucles boxer style raking down the temple or spine. How you guys use the second knuckles lama style like the chop choi leopard fist is interesting to me cuz of the story how when Lau Bun came to the states he stopped using his chop choi for a sun fist when facing larger Americans...I wonder if Kaido uses the boxer style raking overhead with lama footwork cuz it works better on big dudes like how Lau Bun changed his stabbing punch into a square fist to better smash guys taller than him?.

I'd rather throw big knuckle punches than second knuckle punches against a bear We still keep the thumb on the top lama style we just bend the wrist and flex the forearm more to cut his temple with the big two knuckles.
    nice clips.
    Last edited by diego; 09-30-2008 at 03:41 PM.