View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 672 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1725726226626706716726736746827227721172 ... LastLast
Results 10,066 to 10,080 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    and i know master that have less time in and 1st blacks that have more?????????
    Ain't that the truth.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

oh meecer you know who i am ,,, you should really just think alittle about it, maybe i shouldn't tell you and see if you can?? heres a hint, we have trained in the same (basicly) town? in the same art? both under a master? but not the same school? does that help? oh, and we always say we are going to get together,or email more or anything to keep in touch, but we never seem to do it?
    Ah ha!!! I know who you are. So have we broken our cycle by finially contacting each other through email?

I'll be at the tournament as well.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

meecer i guess we have , i'll be there, and i didn't mean that in a bad way about time , ALL THINGS IN THERE OWN TIME!!
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger View Post
    I am a white belt. I have learned a lot, but I have terrible test anxiety.
    i thought you would be at least a blue belt by now :-)
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

JP it does not matter at all, i was just curious, thats all.,,,,,,,,,just looking for something to keep this thing going , it had gotton kind of dead for a few days and like i said i was just curious?? rank is not important to me but i do give it respect just like i do years in the system or someone who has just done alot with their short time in, i try to give respect to all, i am 3rd black,but i have as of next tuesday 9/09/08, 23 years in SD
    Fair enough. The higher I get in rank, the less it matters to me. To keep it going, I'm 4th now. In January, I will have 20 years in the style.

One day I might catch up to GTs white belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

JP it seems the more i learn the more i learn that i don't know anything, but at the same time it seems that each and every person that i meet or chat with in SD, that we all seem to share a lot of knowledge, and we all seem to have our own spin on things, even guys that i have trained with for 15 years, we may not be around each other for a while, and when we talk we are working on the same areas in our spare time, and we are also working it totally different areas on each end of the scale. but the main ideas is to keep training on something?? use it or loss it??
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

The higher I get in rank, the less it matters to me.
    The only reason that I want to get a higher rank is so I can get up sooner when the class bows out. Its hard on the old knees having to wait to be the last one up!

it seems the more i learn the more i learn that i don't know anything

You've stopped looking at the forest and have started looking at the trees.....
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Hey GT

Hey how are your IT Bands are they loosened up yet ??? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

[QUOTEHey how are your IT Bands are they loosened up yet ??? KC[/QUOTE]

Since I am not sure what an IT Band is (unless its the garage band I formed years ago with some geeks in the computer dept), I think you might have me confused with one of the other posters.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

just a stab in the dark KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

JP it seems the more i learn the more i learn that i don't know anything, but at the same time it seems that each and every person that i meet or chat with in SD, that we all seem to share a lot of knowledge, and we all seem to have our own spin on things, even guys that i have trained with for 15 years, we may not be around each other for a while, and when we talk we are working on the same areas in our spare time, and we are also working it totally different areas on each end of the scale. but the main ideas is to keep training on something?? use it or loss it??
    I just hit 1st black this August, and after my first black belt class, I felt like a white belt all over again. It was nice though, realizing all the neat stuff I have coming up. Now I just need to get the 64 and Pa Kua back that I have neglected over the past six months.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Ok TTM I need to see some references for that statement you made about force production KC
    I made the corrections and stated the source in the original post. I hate it when you post something ( or think you did )and parts of it go missing.

[QUOTE=Golden Tiger;880313

Since I am not sure what an IT Band is (unless its the garage band I formed years ago with some geeks in the computer dept), I think you might have me confused with one of the other posters.[/QUOTE]

Illio-Tibial Band.

Gathering

To those coming to the the Golden Leopard Seminar or those thinking of it....you will get a special treat...GM Sin is going to teach a Black Tiger Broadsword set (much longer than the Green Dragon Broadsword).....no extra cost......if your not signed up for the Golden Leopard....for a small fee you can just come for the Broadsword set
    BQ
    Last edited by Baqualin; 09-04-2008 at 08:02 AM.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    I see there is a SD tournament on the 20th. Or at least thats what the web site says. I assume its for SD students only? Can people come watch?