Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hellboy II

Hellboy II

Check out our latest e-zine update:
    HELLBOY II vs. Jet Li?
    by Dr. Craig Reid

Can you pass the Kung Fu Films 101 examinations? Craig throws down a challenge at the end of this article. Any of you got the answer? Post your guesses here.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Maybe Militant Eagle? Can I ask if it is a newer or a older movie?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

i've been a big fan of del toro's going back to when he did dr.dre and eminem video's. pan's took it to the next level in terms of visuals and story. so i hope this one is great. the stunt choreographer is the short white guy who fought jackie in gorgeous. which was arguably jackie's last great on screen fight.

Title/One Armed Bandit

It sounds like the Incredible Flying Guillotine!

Hmmm

I liked the article. Haven't seen this one yet but glad to hear Brad Allen is doing choreography.

I wasn't feeling the first movie but the only cool thing was Karl Ruprecht Kroenen and his skills with the Tonfa. Good stuff.

That is a difficult question Dr. Reed has posed...I have something in mind but then again it is probably not correct.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Hell Boy II

Highly recommend Hell Boy II; Luke Goss' (Prince Nuada) doubles did a great job.

Mulong

We appreciate the good reviews and I am looking forward to this movie.

Just one thing. There is already a thread in the Media section. We can continue ur discussion there.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by 冠木侍 View Post
    We appreciate the good reviews and I am looking forward to this movie.

Just one thing. There is already a thread in the Media section. We can continue ur discussion there.
    uh oh...I see the next KFM moderator now...when I retire I'll nominate you
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

The first one stank and this one looks worse.

I'm waiting for Batman.
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    The first one stank and this one looks worse.

I'm waiting for Batman.
    I see you are not a Ron Perlman fan. No way you could say that about Hellboy if you were..... Some peole just have no taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

We can also merge the threads...

...that way, there's a link on the main forum to this one.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I like that the dude from Pan's Labyrinth is throwing his hat into the ring with this. the Hellboy stories I like. they remind me a little of Spawn, but with more humour.

Despite the decidedly catholic mythology they are bloated with, they are visually appealing and the stories themselves are well paced and written.

Batman will also be good!

Looks like this summers crop of offerings from hollyweird is good so far.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

well del toro directed the first hellboy film as well as blade 2. blade 2 was great hellboy one was eh.

See my opinion is opposite, I thought that Hellboy 1 was great and thought Blade 2 was a bit meh.

As for Hellboy 2, having seen it last night, I have to say that the plot was entertaining, the characters were interesting, the coreography was good and the costuming and design was pure, undiluted genious.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I've got a tendancy to enjoy the plots that are based, or even heavily bloated, with mythology from an actual source, as mythology is another of my hobbies. Nothing thrills me more than watching a vampire flick and trying to sort out which bit comes from what culture and how the director and playwrite wove them together. Hell boy digs pretty deep into obscure catholic mythology and the leading roll is played by my favorite off-beat actor so you know I'm going to love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it