Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buy Gold NOW!!!

Not to sound like a party pooper here, but isn't common knowledge that gold will always increase in value?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

No, Gold prices go up and down all the time. They go UP in a bad economy, and DOWN in a good economy. Plus Gold (like any commodity) has it's own supply demand aspect to it as well.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 03-17-2008 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Not to sound like a party pooper here, but isn't common knowledge that gold will always increase in value?

wrongism,forda10characters
    Bless you

Anyone have a graph of the gold devalue process handy? All chronological like?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

I like these guys because they agree with me...

http://www.blanchardonline.com/beru/why_own_gold.php
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

I can post a weekly or maybe monthly chart, but I don't think I can post one going far enough back to show data prior top this current market economy.

I can't post the chart, but I can link to a good one.

http://futures.tradingcharts.com/jav...D/48?returl=x2

On the top of the chart you see some links. Under the "Period" link, choose the "Monthly" option. That will allow you to scroll back as far as 1975. This will allow you to see the price of Gold for each month over several decades.

You can then find a source of economic data from those yers and see that when we have bad economies or good and see how Gold prices rise when the economy is bad, and how Gold prices drop when the economy is good.

You can also check Oil and see how oil prices effect the economy and also how Oil effect gold prices for the same periods.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 03-17-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Surprised to see a topic like this here. I trade for a living. Oil is going to go down big as demand lightens. Gold will continue to rise as the dollar continues to drop.
    Buy gold and silver now. ETFs, mining companies. Leave futures contracts to the pros. We are in a technical breakout here as far as the charts go. I see 1500 easy enough over the year, if it pulls back buy more. If you're not an investor type, buy gold coins and sell in a few months. As your savings are worth less in buying power every day, this is economic self defense.

The Summer driving season is coming though, so we may very well see higher oil prices. It really depends on how high Gass prices have to go before people stop recreational driving.

As for Gold going to 1500, that seems to be about what all the experts are saying. My system does not call such things, it's a swing trading system. I'd have to brush up on my Elliot wave theory to hazzard a guess at how far it's going to go.

Right now I am watching for the next buy signal.

Leave futures contracts to the pros.

Reply]
    For most people you are right. However martial artists posses the unique mind sets needed for successful futures trading (especially systems with a lot of posture holding), so my advise is that if someone from the forum wants to trade futures, go to the classes at the Board of trade and Merc in Chicago first, then paper trade for 18 months to get the skills down.

Only play with money you can loose. Start with at the Money Options.