Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with WCKFC?

Problems with WCKFC?

Wondering if anyone has heard about problems with the Wing Chun Kung Fu Council. I left the organization about 2 years ago for ethical reasons I had with the runnings of the organization? I have recently tried to locate some of my old kung fu brother, only to find that several others have left for reasons unknown to me.

All the best to all the wing chunners out there.....

On a side not Dr. L.J.'s question wow...really got stuff going out there....

My friend , and instructor, Sean left the council 2-3 years ago because of personal issues. Even though we have both moved cross continent (in different directions) I still talk with him.

Oh, and as a side note I could only imagine what your reason for leaving the council was. I was privileged to my instructor's and other people rants about the council LOL.

Well my reasons are many and several are for unethical practices mainly. Being that im am trying to get a gathering going, I will refrain from posting openly about my issues with the WCKFC. Although, I have heard that another school has left and an additional 5-10 student left the old school that I belonged to....

Train hard.....

Look forward to seeing you at the gathering? What lineage are you associated with,,

Right now I make yearly trips to train under Master Eric Li in Vancouver. I was living in Las Vegas for the past 14 years where I started training under Sean Meyer. When he left the council (I'm starting to think it was 4 years ago) we started going up to Vancouver. Eric is a great guy. I've recently located back out to Boston and next weekend I'll be meeting up with Russel Cichon out of Albany who is Eric's KF brother. So I guess I'm Ip Ching lineage LOL.

Wow, I met Sean Sifu when he came to our Texas school in 2002, and he is a great guy, and a very colorful one at that. Since you now Sean you know what I mean. I'm glad that you are still training though my Sifu has said alot of good things about Master Eric Li, I have not had the fortune of meeting him though. Another friend of mine is with Master Li, Danny Halligan, Do you know him? He is a great guy also.....

I am currently in Virginia so once you are in the area give me a ring and we will see if we can meet. My Sigung, Master Samuel Kwok, will be here in March as well.

Well send me a private message and I will exchange some of the experiences that I had with the wckfc.....

all that best and say hello to everyone

Received a phone call yesterday and another wckfc school has seperated from the council...The Las Vegas School....has left and I believe they are with Eric Li now.

****.. I gotta pay better attention to this thread! LOL. I talked with Sean yesterday and told me about Scott and Freda living the council. GOOD FOR THEM! He told me they went and saw Eric in Vancouver and had the same eye opening experience Sean, Danny and myself had.

So, were you with the brothers out of Texas? I met the youngest one in Las Vegas back in 02, he was a smug little ass IMO. Sean told me that some students moved to Virginia to study with Tony. Unfortunately I haven't met Tony yet, or Danny for that matter.

Anyways, check your PM's!

Michael

haha...I'm one of those texas students who left

Since you are talking about the Council-

just passing this along-

Hello, I just wanted to let everyone know that Master Ron Heimburger
    (WCKF)has past away last night. Ron Heimburger was a direct student of
    Ip Ching and train many notable sifu's in the art of wing chun, he
    will be truly missed.

God Bless,
    -Lee Osborne

Wow. I've heard the recent rumors of cancer, but wow.

My thoughts are with his family.

Always a shame to hear of the early passing of anyone, never had the good fortune to meet him but as part of my extended Wing Chun family my thoughts also go to his family and friends.
    Take care out there and keep

me
    www.tjwingchun.co.uk
    sifu
    www.kwokwingchun.com
    sigung
    www.ipchun.org
    my family
    www.ipfamilywingchun.com

questions are how we grow, answers how we develop

Thinks theres any more problems?

In answer to your question it is a YES. Sadly, after the passing of Master Ron Heimberger, it did not take long for the infighting to begin, mormons vs. non-mormons.....I have recieved call from several of my friend who are still within the coucil. These are friend that are outside of my ex-training location. They are non-mormon and are already feeling like they don't belong.

This is sad, because even in 2008 we are still seeing a form of discrimination.

I have heard, seen, and possess, an email addressed to all those who have left ( or defected as the email reads) the wckfc are being put on notice with a threat of physical violence for disrespecting Master Ron Heimberger.

I want to personally say, that I am sorry for the loss of Master Ron Heimberger and I can assure you that if he was still with us this type of actions would not be tolerated as he attempted to unite the Wing Chun families. So, I don't hold the wckfc accountable for the emails of one crazy idiot...I am sure that if we all look into any organization that has several hunderd members you will find some rotten apples its just the law of numbers.....

I post this as information for those who have left the council. So you can have a heads up about these threats as you may live closer to the origins of these threats.

As a former police officer I have learnt to take all forms of a threat seriously and as a police officer, I have had to defend myself against society finest, on a regular basis so I am not to concerned with today's arm chair masters, who have the misconception of what a real fight is and hide behind the saftey of these forums and emails. So, like my Wing Chun brother Phillip Redmond say's, "I dont hide behind a false screen name and I am easy to find." I have used this screen name for years and my name is Tim Santos and I am currently living in Newport News, Virginia. So, for you Allen Higby, you issued a threat on an email and like the true keyboard master you are.....Now the burden is on you to "seek the bridge". You want me, come get it!

In closing, and as much as you wish your life to follow that of an old chinese movie, the way to honor someone is to honor them even in death and not disgrace the memory of Master Ron Heimberger. Do not be part of the problems that begins to seperate that, which Master Ron Heimberger worked so hard to build.

All the best;

Tim Santos

Don't think that the mormon favoritism is anything new.