Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friendship Seminar

Friendship Seminar

Hello to all of my wing chun bretheren out there....

Are there anymore "friendship seminars" here in the states....One where wing chun families, regardless of lineage, get together? And if so when and where..

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment..

All the best and continue training hard

This is the most refreshing post I've seen here in a while. We definately need to meet with each other. There's so much online ca-ca. Wing Chun people tend to act differently when they meet in person. It's about time. If a "gathering" was held in the States I'd try to make it.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

I second that Phil !

Wing chun forums have just been stanky

be cool to just meet some folks and share some of our crazy together
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Hello,

We had a gathering a few years ago in NYC at Sifu Lees school. It would be nice to do something again.

How about holding one in the Atlanta area when the weather breaks, of course it is nice down here now Perhaps something in the Spring or early Summer.......

Phil, I know you would come as the women are great
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Can you guarantee women??

Will you be arranging that in Hot -Lanta?

There might be one in the spring early summer once the details are hammered out-

Thank you all for replying..Mr. Redmond, I sent you an email a few days ago but received no response. I have had problems with my email before...I will call the number on your web site and speak with you personnaly about this post.

To the others, I will begin planning one, and of course I would like to have help on the planning so that collectively we make a decision. I live on the east coast so I'm partial to having one one the east coast this year.

I will keep in touch with all of you. My commitment and my promise.

If you are interested please personal message me your email address and we will get the ball rolling..

All the best

Things like this have happened more recently in the UK. There was a few Wing Chun Day Seminars which sounded very friendly and I believe more are in the pipeline.

One of the things happening at the moment is the preparations for the Seni'08 Exhibition, where there is to be an Open Chisau Competition of sorts. This has helped gather some of the eldest family members together and the initial meeting went quite well imho. Still looking for more representation, but there is talk of filming the rules and examples and promotions in the British media soon.

I do feel that a 'special comemmorative day' for the Wing Chun Family needs to be thought about at least. Maybe it is time for us ALL to spend time together, and if we're all so far away then set the event on the same bloomin day and link up with a LIVE Video Feed!!!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Hello all,

I finally out of work. I'm glad to see a little respone on this issue. It seems the HFY stuff is really taking up alot of time from everybody.

I will keep posting and working towards getting this accomplished. It can start as a small gathering and gradually increase in size over time. I think that once we are all together we can learn a great deal from one another.

I think an combined action like this would make Great Grandmaster Ip Man happy! Regardless of the lineage. Look for a minute at this, 1 Bible, 1 Jesus, how many interpretations, and that is even if you believe in Jesus. If not, well there is another list of faiths out there based on interpretations.

So who are we to judge. Let's come together as a people, as a Wing Chun family, however you wish to spell it and lets make this the best martial arts system available. I think you all would agree that Wing Chun kicks $%@!

Look at how popular Tae Kwon Do is, they united, so they are proof that it can happen. The best part is we can do it without prostituting our art!

all the best my friends!

Oh Dr. L.J. you asked will there be girls? Well if you can still Biu Kwan your pole, well then its all up to you!!! Seek your prey..lol

If more WC people would think the way you do "Zorro" we would all be better at what WC devotees love, Wing Chun. I have many WC friends outside of TWC and they are good at what they do. We laugh at the people who trash talk other lineages.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Wing Chun Seminar?

East Coast?

Keep me in the loop. Jim...you in?

Best,
    Kenton Sefcik
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    Keep me in the loop. Jim...you in?
    That depends on when, where and how much..
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

I say lets just pick a date and place and work out the details about it later. Atlanta has already been said so lets do it there. And I think maybe in August time would work. This gives everyone a lot of time to make all there plans to get there. Plus it won't be as hot there like in June / July time. I am going to say August 23 - 24, 2008 in ATL. What do you all think?

Also, after we have one there, we should have one on the west coast sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Things like this have happened more recently in the UK. There was a few Wing Chun Day Seminars which sounded very friendly and I believe more are in the pipeline.

One of the things happening at the moment is the preparations for the Seni'08 Exhibition, where there is to be an Open Chisau Competition of sorts. This has helped gather some of the eldest family members together and the initial meeting went quite well imho. Still looking for more representation, but there is talk of filming the rules and examples and promotions in the British media soon.

I do feel that a 'special comemmorative day' for the Wing Chun Family needs to be thought about at least. Maybe it is time for us ALL to spend time together, and if we're all so far away then set the event on the same bloomin day and link up with a LIVE Video Feed!!!
    any chance you could give me a shout if you here of more uk one's?

i was a bit gutted when i read about one in the wingchun magazine wished i knew about it

I'm glad to see such interest in this topic and this shows that we can put our political differences aside.

As far as location, dates, times ect... well all of that will take some time. I do want this to be a success so that interest grows. For that reason, I believe that developing a committe of persons who are actually interested and those who want to see this as a positive gathering and not a chance to talk smack face to face...

Although, I would love to find out who mofotox is....If you have ever posted anything on you tube I'm sure you know who this guy is....

I have personally sent emails to several organizations and I am awaiting responses. If you are interested please private message me your email and we can begin to move forward. Again, once the group is formed we can then discuss costs and all of the fine details.

But like anything else, word of mouth is power so lets start spreading the word. Just take the HFY post that has been going on for a while now, hundreds and hundres of posts all because being involved in contraversial topics is interesting. If all of you show the same amount of interest and passion in promoting your teacher and lineage then this idea can grow, flurrish and be very worth while....

If you are the head of an organization and reading this please email me so I dont have to send email through the never ending chain of command.

take care my family....

Quote Originally Posted by T.D.O View Post
    any chance you could give me a shout if you here of more uk one's?

i was a bit gutted when i read about one in the wingchun magazine wished i knew about it
    http://www.wingchunday.co.uk/

Should be at least one, if not two, this year.
    Just contact Jon Broster and he'll put you on the mailing list.

They will most likely be held in Leicester.

-----------
    Best wishes,
    Chee.